AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-12, 02:22   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I want to pick up this show but it feels like Kanokon . Is it different and how good the show is ? Please give me an unbiased reply ^o^
Here's my unbiased reply:

Differences between Kanokon and this:
Both Kanokon and Oinari has fox spirits, but a lot more of Kanokon's characters are demons and spirits, while Oinari doesn't.
Oinari is a lot more peaceful and a whole lot less ecchi.
There seems to be hostile/wild demons in Oinari, but not in Kanokon, since in Kanokon, the setting is primarily school.

As for how good, it's only been one episode, so it's hard to judge.
Episode 1 was pretty slow and unexciting, but it might get better. Actually shows signs of getting better.
For Kanokon (I see your post from that thread), watch it only if you want fanservice. Otherwise, it couldn't be more brainless.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-12, 02:33   Link #82
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Aha thanx for reply Serenade Beta you convinced me to download and watch it : )
Old 2008-04-12, 05:24   Link #83
Chase

I some what liked it, i dont know how to describe it when it comes why i like it. Not much for actual fighting, have no reason for thinking that will ever change. The train scene was funny. Gave it a 7.5 overall, look forward to seeing more.
Old 2008-04-12, 05:57   Link #84
Westlo
Lets be reality

Everything about the first episode was rather average aside from Yakana's voice acting which was excellent, I'll keep watching though since the source material is award winning and many novels I've read had so-so first chapters/starts and ended up great.
Old 2008-04-12, 06:18   Link #85
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I liked it WAY better than Spice & Wolf which was still passable thanks to Horo. I love Yukana and her CC voice in this one.

Also, the mythical aspect seems more played out than Spice&Wolf.

I do agree that the show does seem bland and may need that extra punch. Tenko could be the one interesting part of the show.
Old 2008-04-12, 06:23   Link #86
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah I love that arrogant/confident C.C voice and this character is a lot more playful than C.C, should be a good watch.
Old 2008-04-12, 06:37   Link #87
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2 preview + pictures:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-12, 06:49   Link #88
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Bring on male kuu!!

I have to say, his male form is still as hot as his female form
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah I love that arrogant/confident C.C voice and this character is a lot more playful than C.C, should be a good watch.
C.C wasn't the playful type to begin with (not that I mind). The voice for Kuu is definitely good though. I just love they way Yukana throws out a teasing tone in a mature, womanly fashion ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-12, 08:39   Link #89
FuzzyWuzzy

This is interesting. That fox demon has a lot of mischief funny potential.
Old 2008-04-12, 09:45   Link #90
Itlandm
Porcupine

I just watched the first episode and rather enjoyed it, even though I must admit I could have needed some filling-in on the cultural background. But it is so nice to see a furry movie that is religious rather than sexual. I am sure this will be a good influence on young boys, especially those who belong to the same religion.
Old 2008-04-12, 10:01   Link #91
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
so many fox characters.

Personally i like this Fox better then the one from Kanokon anime (but i like the manga version)

but i still like the refine air of Horo.
Old 2008-04-12, 10:30   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I liked it WAY better than Spice & Wolf which was still passable thanks to Horo. I love Yukana and her CC voice in this one.

Also, the mythical aspect seems more played out than Spice&Wolf.

I do agree that the show does seem bland and may need that extra punch. Tenko could be the one interesting part of the show.
Well it's not bad but wouldn't put it on the level of Spice & Wolf quite yet. Besides they were different kinds of shows. From a journey type to more magic battles here. But should be more to this show anyways.

Certainly playing up the mystical aspects more. Horo was closer to a real being than some kind of spirit. Just a different kind compared to humans, didn't mean she was going to start pulling out magical attacks .

Making comparisons when one has a single episode and the other a full series is tough. Will keep following this one and see how it all turns out.
Old 2008-04-12, 10:49   Link #93
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

I think Horo plays a good WESTERN Fox deity, while Oinari-Sama is a good EASTERN fox deity.

personally i think it's hard to compare the two, they are from two different cultures.
Old 2008-04-12, 11:02   Link #94
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
I think Horo plays a good WESTERN Fox deity, while Oinari-Sama is a good EASTERN fox deity.

personally i think it's hard to compare the two, they are from two different cultures.
That...never thought about that O.O genius!

Yea, they can both be loved on the same level. No need for competition

That also, horo and kuu have different characters. It comes down to what you like in the end.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-12, 11:11   Link #95
TrueKnight

They're differrent, yes. Horo's a Wolf, while Oinari's a Fox. In my book with the term of likeness, Wolves > Foxes because wolves are meaner, stronger and have this 'badassness' aura around them. But for characters so far Oinari's is likeable...albeit imo Oinari's 1st episode was a bit boring D:
Old 2008-04-12, 11:13   Link #96
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm waiting for someone to mention C.C vs Kallen.. whoops guess I just did...
Old 2008-04-12, 16:45   Link #97
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I think someone called it right when they said this was gonna be the season of the "Mimis".

Well they defiantly seem to all have one thing in common and thats strong, interesting, and immensely likable female characters so I can't really complain...Especially had to love Kou stowing away in the luggage rack.

Unfortunately though this show has a pretty forgettable male lead. I can only pray the guy gets some depth or character to him as the series goes on.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-04-12, 16:50   Link #98
Westlo
Lets be reality

To be fair to the male lead, he hasn't really had a chance to do much so far...
Old 2008-04-13, 01:16   Link #99
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

strange I find noboru (that big brother) character kind of different from how he being potrait in the manga and light novel - In the anime he's kind of a wimp while in other version I found him more steady
Old 2008-04-13, 02:54   Link #100
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
strange I find noboru (that big brother) character kind of different from how he being potrait in the manga and light novel - In the anime he's kind of a wimp while in other version I found him more steady
like konokon,

wimpy male leads & aggressive horny fox deity

young high schooler & seasoned Pervy Adult

fantasy for all.

it all makes sense now.

Tags
genderbender, kemonomimi, miko, shounen, supernatural