AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 11:59   Link #1641
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Since I can't read Japanese, I voted for every character there that was listed as from "Episode of Side-A" (which I can read ) and Fate/Zero 2nd (since I can read that too, lol).

Nice to see Saki do so well in this poll.
Old 2012-06-28, 13:15   Link #1642
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
On the production side of things, I really have to wonder what the studio (and Ritz by extension) is thinking about Toki's surprise popularity. I don't the intent was to take the focus away from the Achiga-girls, but that's what it's appearing to be doing now. Remember, Toki and her friends have about the same episodes devoted to them as Tsuruga and Momo (this includes the parts with Yumi of course), and yet in Achiga-hen it seems a substantial chunk of the story so far (large parts of 4 episodes out of a 12-episode series!).

If the extra episodes are indeed going to be used to put the spotlight back on on Achiga, well, it's a very delayed effort, especially since they ARE using extra-seasonal content to do so.
You're forgetting one very crucial factor, she's facing MIYANAGA TERU, you know, the ruthless god empress of mahjong fans have been waiting YEARS to see in action, and Toki's been the one facing her from the get go (with some SUBARA help, of course). Ritz must know just how hyped this match has been, so there's no way the focus on Toki is un-intentional.

For further evidence, check the manga, particularly the final words in chapter 10. Ritz is making sure to let us know just how monstrous Teru is.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:44   Link #1643
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Of course this strategy from a certain perspective can be considered cowardly and dishonorable... And depending on the presentation my liking of Toki might go down a few notches if she tries this...
This might be one of the reason she didn't do it. She may think that both Kuro and Kirame are her ally too.

Other reason is: Since her ability can defend direct Ron from Teru anyway, Isn't it better to try to fight Teru. If she can't win now, how can she win in the final round, anyway.

Also, about Kuro, it might be worth to mention that since the begining of this match, Kuro only got ron for 3 times, two cheap hands (1,000 and 1,300) and one big hand (10,200). I think Kuro chose her discard better or play better this time even though she still not discard dora. (+ no one targeted her specificly, which is strange since her hand should be easy to read by both Teru and Toki).

Kuro actually lost less point than the last time considering the fact this match is like x3 longer.

In final round, I'm not sure what is worse for Yuki between:

1) Having someone who have a chance to stop Teru but Teru can use Dora to strom the table. (Senriyama win)
2) Having someone who make Teru attack weaker and easier to read but it's harder to stop Teru. (Achiga win)

Since Achiga is likely to go to final round due to plot reason......., Kuro may get her power upgraded in someway so that in final round she can help other players survive Teru.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-06-28 at 14:27.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 16:43   Link #1644
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Anyway regarding the vanguard match, wouldn't it be tactically better for Toki to just let Teru drop someone to zero?

Toki has a power that will protect her from Teru's rons as long it is working and she has considerable lead to the third player... Considering that all the dealer streaks has been stopped partially because of Toki's precognition if she doesn't actively try to stop Teru's rampage the vanguard match might be already be over and I'm 80% sure that Senriyama would be second due to Toki avoiding Teru's direct onslaught (ron) with her precognition unlike the other players.

In this scenario, Kirame will most likely clinch third since her ability is to avoid going below zero and thus Kuro will go below zero due her hand being an easy target.

The outlined strategy above would allow Toki to get some first hand experience and data regarding Teru. And since Senriyama likes to analyze stuff, it might help them prepare a good strategy for the finals. It would also conserve Toki's flagging stamina...

Of course this strategy from a certain perspective can be considered cowardly and dishonorable... And depending on the presentation my liking of Toki might go down a few notches if she tries this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I've been wondering the exact same thing.

With things as they are, Senriyama could probably end up in 2nd place if Toki doesn't push herself too much. After all, her power is perfect for defending against direct hits from Teru, so she could probably manage it without pushing herself too much.

The back of my head is telling me that it's all for the drama, but can I can't help but look for a more substantial reason.
The bigger issue is after Toki already pushed herself too hard with double sight in order to break Teru's previous dealer round, she can barely even play and has already dealt into Teru's hand once, so she is not safe anymore.

If she doesn't end the round soon, she has the biggest chance of going bust, since if Teru rons her once in the next few hands, it would drop her into 3rd or last considering Teru's score value keeps increasing. And Teru's match history shows she has a habit of targeting the 2nd place players.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 16:46   Link #1645
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
The bigger issue is after Toki already pushed herself too hard with double sight in order to break Teru's previous dealer round, she can barely even play and has already dealt into Teru's hand once, so she is not safe anymore.

If she doesn't end the round soon, she has the biggest chance of going bust, since if Teru rons her once in the next few hands, it would drop her into 3rd or last considering Teru's score value keeps increasing.
And now, we'll be seeing Triple Accel. Gotta wonder. Is there an ambulance nearby?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 18:45   Link #1646
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Since I can't read Japanese, I voted for every character there that was listed as from "Episode of Side-A" (which I can read ) and Fate/Zero 2nd (since I can read that too, lol).

Nice to see Saki do so well in this poll.
Well, there is a need to launch a last minute attack on the website...(5.30pm +8 GMT)

Ryuuka is also quite close to 3rd place...

ETA: approximately 2 days to next episode... My body is not ready for it...
Reason: Hearing Toki x Ryuuka character song in another universe makes my body not ready...(Especially Toki's solo version of the song. )

Note: VA Joke. If you guys know who they are, lets talk in my chat room.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-29 at 01:38.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 03:36   Link #1647
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Whatever happens, as long as no one gets knocked out this round, it will STILL be a fight for survival for the schools arrayed against Shiraitodai. I don't think Sumire and Awai are pushovers, especially after the last DVD of S1 hyped them up to be dangerous too.

If anything, being second after the Vanguard round puts a big target on the poor school, as it gives Teru's teammates an excuse to go after that school instead. A second-place school has to weather FOUR MORE switches.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that this is the VANGUARD phase, the FIRST match of five.
Old 2012-06-29, 04:22   Link #1648
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Whatever happens, as long as no one gets knocked out this round, it will STILL be a fight for survival for the schools arrayed against Shiraitodai. I don't think Sumire and Awai are pushovers, especially after the last DVD of S1 hyped them up to be dangerous too.

If anything, being second after the Vanguard round puts a big target on the poor school, as it gives Teru's teammates an excuse to go after that school instead. A second-place school has to weather FOUR MORE switches.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that this is the VANGUARD phase, the FIRST match of five.
Sumeragi: The 1st phase is not even complete. What in the world?
Setsuna: The 3 of them are still having problem fighting Teru. My innovator child too... ....... What you doing?

Sumeragi: http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/34693/ This...
Setsuna: Yes please. Guys stop the mission, change to the next one.

From the interview, Teru gonna stop her streak or streak broken by someone... It is still unknown who.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-29 at 05:30.
Old 2012-06-29, 06:10   Link #1649
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
You're forgetting one very crucial factor, she's facing MIYANAGA TERU, you know, the ruthless god empress of mahjong fans have been waiting YEARS to see in action, and Toki's been the one facing her from the get go (with some SUBARA help, of course). Ritz must know just how hyped this match has been, so there's no way the focus on Toki is un-intentional.

For further evidence, check the manga, particularly the final words in chapter 10. Ritz is making sure to let us know just how monstrous Teru is.
Yeah it has been hinted that the only one that could actually fight Teru 1 on 1 is Saki.

This single match shows how high that freaking wall is and no one else and i really mean everyone, including Koromo, Hisa, Mihoko, etc will simply get smash into the wall. Even with all 3 vs 1 and forcefully skipping Teru's turn by using pon, restricting her bonus from dora and able to see the future, all 3 are nearly at the end of the line.

From what Toki says, Kuro will probably be critical to breaking the last continous dealership and allow them to exit
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 07:37   Link #1650
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Yeah it has been hinted that the only one that could actually fight Teru 1 on 1 is Saki.

This single match shows how high that freaking wall is and no one else and i really mean everyone, including Koromo, Hisa, Mihoko, etc will simply get smash into the wall. Even with all 3 vs 1 and forcefully skipping Teru's turn by using pon, restricting her bonus from dora and able to see the future, all 3 are nearly at the end of the line.

From what Toki says, Kuro will probably be critical to breaking the last continous dealership and allow them to exit
Yup... If by calculations, Teru's next hand must be 8 han or above. And how possible is her hand gonna get higher than 7? There are many odds for now, but there are some instances where she will go for fast hand and aim higher...(Which means Teru's ability is a mixture of her own ability and Ako's skill.)
Old 2012-06-29, 09:22   Link #1651
Sumeragi
Banned

I keep getting annoyed whenever Scarletknive mentions Sumeragi. I know which Sumeragi he means but really, it gets really annoying

Shizuno's Full Frontal!

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 10:30   Link #1652
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I keep getting annoyed whenever Scarletknive mentions Sumeragi. I know which Sumeragi he means but really, it gets really annoying

Shizuno's Full Frontal!

Full...Frontal???

Sometimes just take it... Anyway did I ever mention Sumeragi in this thread or the manga thread before?

Lets get down to some serious stuff.
Episode 12 will most likely:
cover chapter 11 and chapter 12(Whole, not bits...)
Old 2012-06-29, 10:36   Link #1653
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Full...Frontal???
It's a reference to Shizuno's playing style and the title of the MAD
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 10:37   Link #1654
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:

Anyway I do hope they don't stop at some points where the suspension increases by a lot...(Really, the last episode just make my body tense up for episode 12 already... Toki...)
Old 2012-06-29, 11:05   Link #1655
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Are you sure that you're confusing her playing style with the fact that she's naked under that track suit of hers? Full Frontal's nickname in Japan is "zenra", you know.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:42   Link #1656
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Are you sure that you're confusing her playing style with the fact that she's naked under that track suit of hers? Full Frontal's nickname in Japan is "zenra", you know.
zenra, thats the name of Full Frontal right?? Got a feeling she is confused.

Its official... Toki x Ryuuka rox(Warning: NSFW)

Don't dare to post the image type. Click yourself...*Shot on the left side of the brain*

Its official... Achiga dressing up...(NSFW too.)

I am SHOT EVERYWHERE.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-29 at 20:37.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:51   Link #1657
tsunade666

^ Shizu always goes commando does she?
Old 2012-06-29, 11:57   Link #1658
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ Shizu always goes commando does she?
You don't say?
Old 2012-06-29, 12:15   Link #1659
RJ TAYLER

How thoughtful of her to cut down on team laundry costs like that. The fan medical bills on the other hand, well?
Old 2012-06-29, 12:45   Link #1660
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post

Anyway I do hope they don't stop at some points where the suspension increases by a lot...(Really, the last episode just make my body tense up for episode 12 already... Toki...)
Don't worry, if anything, the suspense will plummet down like a sack of bricks after the next episode, unless Ritz is preparing the troll of the century. How do you beat Teru dominating so much she's literally about to send someone to the hospital?

I just want to see Shizu being awesome once again, and some Arata would be fine too.

Anyway, less than 3 days for one of the most exciting climaxes in anime so far this year.

I really, really hope we get some insert song at the end, because the episode is almost certain to deserve it.

Here's my suggestion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03qBqP2I4p8

P.S: By the way, I heard somewhere that in a saki radio show, Shizu and Ako' seiyuus essentially acknowledged how much Toki has stolen the spotlight. Would someone here know about this?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri