AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-10, 12:55   Link #4101
oompa loompa

For any of you good AS folks who know German, and have watched 'Monster', In the OP

Spoiler for :

Do you know what it says in the window? You know, the writing with blood?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-i-6N4Uyk
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 14:12   Link #4102
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Appears to be random scribbling, closer to english than german actually.
Old 2010-08-10, 19:47   Link #4103
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermatter View Post
DandD is probably what keeps most card and comic shops alive, even still (well, besides Magic the Gathering)
Dn'D is also one of the first origins of RPGs, right?
I know that on a different forum the OP of an RP is called the DM (dungeon master).
I believe it is among the first true RPGs. Unless you count playing with dolls or playing soldier or something to that likening. DnD is quite awesome. Though it's difficult to really play a game for a good amount of time.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 22:52   Link #4104
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Ha! I should've known. Thanks anyways
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 12:52   Link #4105
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Does anyone know if you can use compressed air ( air duster ) to a DSi screen ? The corners and edges are full of dust that I can't seem to get off, and before trying to apply the screen protectors again ( epic fail last time due dust ), I need to get it off.

I'm afraid if the air duster will leave some stains or whatever.. it doesn't say anything about using it on to monitors on the can so I dunno :/
Old 2010-08-11, 12:57   Link #4106
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Does anyone know if you can use compressed air ( air duster ) to a DSi screen ? The corners and edges are full of dust that I can't seem to get off, and before trying to apply the screen protectors again ( epic fail last time due dust ), I need to get it off.

I'm afraid if the air duster will leave some stains or whatever.. it doesn't say anything about using it on to monitors on the can so I dunno :/
Why not? Just make sure the surface is not hot when you use the colder air spray - you want to prevent any stress cracking. Another question is, if it actually helps...
Old 2010-08-11, 13:04   Link #4107
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Why not? Just make sure the surface is not hot when you use the colder air spray - you want to prevent any stress cracking. Another question is, if it actually helps...
There is actually this interesting piece of equipment I use to get rid of dust from certain places from my computer : a make-up kit brush set. One of the brushes is a stiff eyebrow brush which you can use to get rid of the dust from the edges. Rather effective.

The embarrassment of walking into a cosmetics shop is absolutely worth it for the cleanliness of your computer and work area.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 15:17   Link #4108
Dist

Well it helped somewhat.. It helps more than using a cloth because with every swipe, I get dust on some other spot than where I wiped from ... soo annoying. ( I'm weird in a way that if there's dust on the screen, right in the middle, I cant play. It must be clean ... )

However, there's still some dust particle thingies or whatever.. not sure what they are, but I can see them, and they're kinda stuck at the edges .. Maximum power with the air duster didn't get them off, and neither does my nail when used with the cloth I wipe it sometimes with .. How on earth do you get them off

With that said, the brush thingies wouldn't probably help either seeing as the dust thingies are actually stuck in the edges ..
Old 2010-08-11, 16:27   Link #4109
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
For any of you good AS folks who know German, and have watched 'Monster', In the OP

Spoiler for :

Do you know what it says in the window? You know, the writing with blood?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-i-6N4Uyk
Quote:
It's actually in Czech, since the whole anime is in the cultural settings of Czech Republic (damn, they even copied our ol' trams and a few historical landmarks). It means "Look, look...that monster" ...and some more, but since the words aren't complete, I can't really tell you what the whole sentence is, though I already read it somewhere ages ago. Totally freaked out the first time I watched this anime, most people don't even know where we are on the map.
Old 2010-08-12, 01:48   Link #4110
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
It's actually in Czech, since the whole anime is in the cultural settings of Czech Republic (damn, they even copied our ol' trams and a few historical landmarks). It means "Look, look...that monster" ...and some more, but since the words aren't complete, I can't really tell you what the whole sentence is, though I already read it somewhere ages ago. Totally freaked out the first time I watched this anime, most people don't even know where we are on the map.
Ah I see, that makes sense. Even more so, considering the settings of saxon/bohemian switzerland and prague.
Old 2010-08-12, 02:44   Link #4111
Seitsuki
Onee!

Um, some questions about Warhammer 40k. (the reason I'm asking here is cos I was too lazy to create accounts on the other forums :D )

1- the restriction that a unit has to shoot then assault the same unit, does that apply to vehicles (specifically Walkers)? Eg could you shoot at a vehicle then charge some infantry unit?

2- Since a unit that deploys by drop-pod "counts as moving even if it doesn't move", does that mean a walker that deployed by drop-pod is unable to fire all its weapons on the turn it arrives?

thankies~~
Old 2010-08-13, 17:54   Link #4112
Dist

I received a reputation point and the color is grey ... What's that supposed to mean ?

Thought there is only Pos/Neg .. Green and Red D:
Old 2010-08-13, 18:07   Link #4113
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

There's a big comprehensive reputation FAQ sitting around somewhere, but I'll give you the short version:

The person who repped you simply didn't have enough "power" to change your rep one way or another. This generally means a new user who hasn't posted much at all + never received reps before, since your rep "power" is a combination of those factors.

Whether that was intended to be negative or positive isn't known because the forum software didn't register it -- at least, that was the case last time I asked.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:27   Link #4114
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
There's a big comprehensive reputation FAQ sitting around somewhere, but I'll give you the short version:
Here it is:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26418
Old 2010-08-13, 20:09   Link #4115
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Whether that was intended to be negative or positive isn't known because the forum software didn't register it -- at least, that was the case last time I asked.
That's true but you generally tell by the comment of lack of thereof basically A. angry or criticizing comment probably intended to be negative, B. No Comment must be intended to be positive as Negative rep requires a comment, C. Praising Comment, or such probably intended to be Positive, or D. other not sure what would be here really , but this would be when you're unsure what it was intended to be.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:49   Link #4116
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
No Comment must be intended to be positive as Negative rep requires a comment
Since when is that the case? It's been a long time since I've made any use of the reputation system.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 01:27   Link #4117
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Since when is that the case? It's been a long time since I've made any use of the reputation system.
NightWish has been tweeking the system.
Old 2010-08-14, 01:27   Link #4118
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
I remember it being said when I had asked about neutral rep a while back, but I am having some trouble finding where exactly it was said.
MAL
Old 2010-08-16, 12:35   Link #4119
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
From my understanding giving out too much in a day nulls it as well.
Nope, when you try to give too much rep within a time frame the board displays a different message telling you've given out too much rep in the past 24 hours to give out anymore rep currently. I'd know I've gotten a few times, when I've gone a bit too rep happy appearantly xD.
MAL
Old 2010-08-16, 13:30   Link #4120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Grey rep is easy to figure out...? Maybe.

A junior member, or someone with particularly open-handedness, tried giving rep. From my understanding giving out too much in a day nulls it as well.

The moderators need to give an official explanation on the reputation system. The guesswork is hardly desirable.
There IS an official explanation of the reputation system. Those little "forum rules" and "FAQ" buttons on the top of the page...

Tags
problem, q&a, serious