AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-29, 22:56   Link #4001
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What other projects?

Railgun episode 3's 'report' said that that none of the clones were created, at least before the greenlight of [Level 6 Shift] was given.
No if you followed it closely they had produced at least one clone. and [radio noise] was a diffrent experiment that used the clones before [Level 6 Shift] that set up the network to begin with.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-30, 02:45   Link #4002
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I thought because of the tree diagram calculations, they canned the project before even producing one?
Old 2013-04-30, 03:12   Link #4003
Sumeragi
Banned

Chaos2Frozen, given who was the ultimate backer of the various projects..... You're actually saying what you're saying?
Old 2013-04-30, 03:17   Link #4004
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I was referring to the initial purpose of the experiment which is to create a Level 5 clone.

Admittedly my memory is hazy on the details but going by episode 3, didn't they stop before they even started?
Old 2013-04-30, 04:06   Link #4005
zaeraal

The Raw and Translation is up.

The way Xochitl scolded Saten was really nice
Quote:
Xochitl: Do not thoughtlessly approach the dark side... without either the means to protect yourself or the willingness to throw away your life!
Also the Exterior is something build by those researchers to strenghten Misaki's power and she really used it on the trafic jam.
Quote:
SFX: Whisper
Misaki: Exterior.
Misaki: Begin voluntary flow reversal past the 13th pair.

(js06: "13th pair" is most commonly used in Japanese when referring to chromosomes)
And now they are headed back to where the Sister is hidden.
Old 2013-04-30, 04:08   Link #4006
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
The Raw and Translation is up.

The way Xochitl scolded Saten was really nice

Also the Exterior is something build by those researchers to strenghten Misaki's power and she really used it on the trafic jam.

And now they are headed back to where the Sister is hidden.
Does that mean Misaki really isn't that powerful without her remote and needs the Exterior to boost her powers similar to how the Misaka Sisters (and now Accelerator I guess) boost their abilities with the Misaka Network?
Old 2013-04-30, 04:21   Link #4007
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Does that mean Misaki really isn't that powerful without her remote and needs the Exterior to boost her powers similar to how the Misaka Sisters (and now Accelerator I guess) boost their abilities with the Misaka Network?
I believe it's something like supercomputer.
Similar theme was mentioned already in Ensemble PSP Game.

It really reminds me of X-men.
Misaki -> Xavier
Exterior -> Cerebro
even the helmets those scientists have are like Magneto's helm.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:12   Link #4008
kagato3

Quote:
I thought because of the tree diagram calculations, they canned the project before even producing one?
They pretty much say in the report that they proved cloning and informational implanting and the only thing they stopped was mass production because of the simulations.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:37   Link #4009
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
They pretty much say in the report that they proved cloning and informational implanting and the only thing they stopped was mass production because of the simulations.
See that's why I was confused- Doesn't that still mean that they have created a Misaka Mikoto clone? If so, why did Mikoto breathe a sigh of relief and said "Oh course there's no such thing as a clone..." (paraphrase) ?
Old 2013-04-30, 08:03   Link #4010
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ She thought that the clonings ended with the project's indefinite suspension.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-30, 08:23   Link #4011
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ She thought that the clonings ended with the project's indefinite suspension.
Right but what about the clones up till that point?
Old 2013-04-30, 08:57   Link #4012
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Right but what about the clones up till that point?
I think Mikoto inwardly realises that there is every possibility that there are clones of her out there, but she turns a blind eye towards it because she doesn't want to believe it. It was alluded to in the railgun manga, and even in the anime, Mikoto remembers (while reading the report) Saten telling her she saw a doppleganger of her just that morning. Because she doesn't want to believe it, Mikoto decides not to believe it. [it's just like how she kept brushing off the rumours as "ridiculous". It's a continuation of that.] I think this later adds up to the guilt and responsibility she feels.

Mikoto is also naive (at this point of the plot), idealistic and loves Academy City. She takes pride in being a student there and feels a certain bond with the place she calls home. This was emphasised in season 1, when she beat Telestina. Hadn't Telestina called her a "sample" and a "guinea pig" of Academy City? Mikoto had brushed most of that off as nonsense, and fought against her and her "ridiculous" immoral ideals. And now in season 2, Mikoto finds a report that refers to her as a "sample". It's basically solid proof that everything that Telestina had said, everything that Mikoto had denied and fought against back in season 1, is actually the truth. Mikoto doesn't want to think that the place she loves would betray her trust in such a way. Hence she avoids it if it can be helped. Who wouldn't? Sometimes ignorance is more blissful than knowing the truth.

It's a psychological matter. As I said, there were hints in the manga and anime.

Old 2013-04-30, 09:12   Link #4013
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And boy, will her illusions be shattered next episode.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:44   Link #4014
Haigon

Don't know in the manga, but in Episode 3 Mikoto says she couldn't restore all od the data, maybe Full-Tuning's data got lost.

Last edited by Haigon; 2013-04-30 at 09:44. Reason: typo
Old 2013-04-30, 19:57   Link #4015
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I just thought about this but has anyone considered that Misaki may erase Saten's memories of Touma somehow?

Just putting it out there.
Old 2013-04-30, 23:34   Link #4016
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I just thought about this but has anyone considered that Misaki may erase Saten's memories of Touma somehow?

Why? What would that accomplish? Touma isn't getting in her way.
Old 2013-04-30, 23:46   Link #4017
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is Misaki boosted into a level 5?
Old 2013-05-01, 06:25   Link #4018
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post

That would not make sense now, it would not fit in the story.
- If Touma returns the charm (whenever he restores her memories or not) and Misaki later erases her memories, then the whole Touma meeting was pointless.
- If Misaki erases her memories and later Touma returns the charm without restoring her memories, she would wonder how it has got there, but that's all, it would be pointless.
- If Misaki erases her memories and later Touma returns the charm, probably restoring her memories accidentally, it would be already too late, because Misaki got away and the Gensei story would be over by now. Unless her memories contained something SUPER IMPORTANT for future arcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is Misaki boosted into a level 5?
Probably not. Exterior is a way to boost her powers (they even said that), but she was using the remote even before the Exterior was completed.
Which implies that her brain was originally wired to help her control her powers through the remote, connection to Exterior was added later to it.
Old 2013-05-02, 09:13   Link #4019
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A Whole bunch of twitts about Misaki...

http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-2875.html
Old 2013-05-02, 09:55   Link #4020
zaeraal

Quote:
A Whole bunch of twitts about Misaki...

http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-2875.html
Js06 translated that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan archive
Railgun's editor used Twitter to explain what's up with Misaki's remote.

The Mental Out power has too high a degree of freedom, so she uses a remote to provide a basis to work off of.
She does not have a single remote. She uses different remotes depending on what type of power she wishes to use.

The bag she carries around is filled with a lot of different remotes.
It is possible for her to use her powers without a remote, but it is very difficult so she generally prefers not to.
When her bag is taken from her like at the end of Volume 7, she is more or less out of luck.

Continue reading the manga for details on what Exterior is.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen