AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 17:36   Link #12641
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I dunno about the character's part...I for one love the cast of the Monogatari series. Plus Zen, Kumagawa, Emukae, Shiranui and a few others.

And I'm sure a lot of others do too.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 17:42   Link #12642
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I dunno about the character's part...I for one love the cast of the Monogatari series. Plus Zen, Kumagawa, Emukae, Shiranui and a few others.

And I'm sure a lot of others do too.
Yep, the characters from Monogarari are great, as are the ones in Medaka Box. The thing that poster from MAL doesn't seem to grasp is that most of Nisio's characyers are there to pose a question to the audience about something, to get them to think about something.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 17:48   Link #12643
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I like the characters in Monogatari, as well. Not as much a fan of the characters in Medaka Box. I like some of them, but others I could really do without. Especially all the characters that serve no real purpose to the story and end up being discarded in a few chapters, never to be seen again except for the occasional cameo. He's done that with a LOT of characters in this manga. I just feel like most of the characters in MB are shallow and undeveloped compared to his other works.
Old 2013-03-05, 18:02   Link #12644
Tenchi Hou Take

A lot of Nisio's character development for characters in Medaka box seem quite arbitary, outside of the obvious glaring fault I'd probably say Nisio's handled it quite badly considering this development for almost all characters in this manga. Ironically Zenkichi for as much as he got screwed over/not developed and the butt of the manga for a long time he probably so far got developed the best, he got a reasonable character climax and a great arc climax.

Was it really so difficult for Nisio to bother doing at lest some of that shit, with another character, any other character.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 18:19   Link #12645
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Zenkichi always the bridesmaid but never the bride...that sounds off for some reason.
Old 2013-03-05, 19:17   Link #12646
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Zenkichi always the bridesmaid but never the bride...that sounds off for some reason.
Wait Zenkichi still engaged to the girl unless it gets called off, so how is that comparison remotely true? You can argue maybe in the future but you should be currently replacing Kumagawa in that phrase (which would actually make more sense). This is ignoring the fact that Zenkichi has 2 girls who are more than willing to be with should things with Medaka go awry.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2013-03-05 at 19:28.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 19:37   Link #12647
ccie20012

@Guernsey
Wait a minute. Zenkichi now owner of the main achievements in the manga.
On the battlefield - a victory over Iihiko.
In love - Medaka.
Absolute top.
I do not want to offend fans Kumagawa. But the events of the last two chapters (with a calm deliberation) more like an honorable retirement. Than the actual elevation. Something like a very honorable but nothing decisive positions. And the status of the younger brother as the honorable award.

Last edited by ccie20012; 2013-03-05 at 19:48.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 19:57   Link #12648
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Nn, those spoilers... yeah, I think I'm done reading Medaka Box. Someone PM me if the next arc is somehow a titanic jump in quality or something, okay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
*snip*
You know, Medaka Box is probably the worst thing he's ever written, and Katanagatari the second-worst. Neither is particularly indicative of the rest of his body of work. His books do tend to vary a lot in quality, but only because he writes so god-damned much.
So please, don't judge him based on a no-effort work like this. Normally his stories actually do have some kind of internal logic, even if that logic is weird.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 20:01   Link #12649
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

At the rate this is going... I feel like Medaka box might get axed pretty soon.
Old 2013-03-05, 20:02   Link #12650
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
At the rate this is going... I feel like Medaka box might get axed pretty soon.
yet the spoilers say otherwise...
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 03:33   Link #12651
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
that most of Nisio's characyers are there to pose a question to the audience about something, to get them to think about something.
The problem is that not all want to read some psychobabbling about some shit. They want to read manga with manga characters. And as stand alone Medaka characters sometimes do seem pretty shitty and one sided in comparison to the same Monogatari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
yet the spoilers say otherwise...
It could be that MB will be for some reason stretched out. Normally Jump is pretty strict but for some titles it takes softer approach. Maybe they just like to taste Nishio's ass and ride his name even though the popularity of his manga is crap low.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 09:39   Link #12652
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Nn, those spoilers... yeah, I think I'm done reading Medaka Box. Someone PM me if the next arc is somehow a titanic jump in quality or something, okay?
Ok, will do.

Farewell.

Quote:
You know, Medaka Box is probably the worst thing he's ever written
It's depressing how often I'm hearing this everywhere. Like, seriously, must the fifth time in these weeks.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2013-03-06 at 12:03.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 09:48   Link #12653
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:

You know, Medaka Box is probably the worst thing he's ever written, and Katanagatari the second-worst. Neither is particularly indicative of the rest of his body of work. His books do tend to vary a lot in quality, but only because he writes so god-damned much.
So please, don't judge him based on a no-effort work like this. Normally his stories actually do have some kind of internal logic, even if that logic is weird.
I was just quoting someone on MAL. I actually really liked the Monogatari series. My point mostly applied to this manga and how surprised I was with how the quality didnt live up to his former works. I'm honestly wondering if it has something to do with the medium-- just because someone is great at writing novels, doesn't mean he's automatically good at writing for comics (or manga). There's a lot of difference between the two. Pacing, development, etc.
Old 2013-03-06, 13:45   Link #12654
tuckersister

So the next chapter..Kumagawa mainly is the central character..despite graduating.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 08:17   Link #12655
Valid

Does anyone remember when kumagawa was convincing Naze to join the minus and he showed her a list of the members, does anyone know if that "trump card" ever appeared,(unless it was ajimu) and maybe once the new freshman appear maybe that person will be among them considering kumagawa named him as a "child"..any thoughts?
Old 2013-03-07, 09:19   Link #12656
Wolfenstein

It was Ajimu.
Old 2013-03-07, 19:28   Link #12657
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Expect the release to be tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/CXCScans/status/309810504245862400
Old 2013-03-08, 06:38   Link #12658
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Spoiler for for now the last page(raw) before the scan came out:

Spoiler for nienami...:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 06:44   Link #12659
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
she stand beside zenkizhi (possible romance?)
Seriously? Zen loving anyone other than Medaka? Get real.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 06:53   Link #12660
runset

what i mean that nienami was in love in zenkichi, that would be interesting. sorry for the misunderstanding.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council