Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-16, 09:49   Link #6661
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
But that's one of the things I like about Needless and that's the versatility of the cast. Cruz and Saten each were able to play as the gag character and the straight character throughout the whole arc. It's not just there's one character who's always the joker and one who's always the straight man. Honestly, it's an element that's rare to find but it's present in all my favorite shows. That's probably why Needless is my favorite comedy.
The secret of good comedy is to derive humour from the situation, not from one character being "funny" all the time. Though I have to say that Disk has a particularly high gag ratio, and I for one welcome her return.

I noticed something when I caught up with the latest translations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
I still don't believe Cruz is a Needless, btw. His arm's healed because it was healed in the memory world, and he dodged the Eve Cannon (in the present) because he knew it was coming. And he's still not a girl.
Err... no. Everything went back to how it was before the entire incident happened. Everything includes Cruz's killergirl uniform and broken bandaged arm, and Saten's cape. This time the arm healed itself.
Last page of chapter 89, for those who didn't get it. See the final panel.
Spoiler for image:

If Eve can acquire a pair of socks in the present as a result of events in the memory world, then Cruz can have his arm healed too.

Timing. That's the secret of good comedy.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:13   Link #6662
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
If Eve can acquire a pair of socks in the present as a result of events in the memory world, then Cruz can have his arm healed too.
Hmm... yeah, now I look closely I think you're right. Still Cruz dodged Eve's attack, and in the past he took Strom's brutal ice shards and came out of it with just a few bruises. And these two developments had nothing to do with the timeline alterations, of course, wich pretty much confirms he's inhuman.

In that case that means now Blade, Eve and Gido think Cruz was always a girl? Or perhaps they know he's a man but likes crossdressing. That would explain why Eve wasn't even surprised.

And now we are here, I think the reason Gido is with them is due to him being with them in that room as well, before Cruz went back to the present time.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:22   Link #6663
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
BTW ch 75 is the last weve seen of Mio,she got canned and tossed out of the room so that she isnt in the room is logical (i supose nothing affected her).
However i dont get how Gido showed up there realy....
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:25   Link #6664
Ca12nag3

Quote:
In that case that means now Blade, Eve and Gido think Cruz was always a girl? Or perhaps they know he's a man but likes crossdressing. That would explain why Eve wasn't even surprised.
about this, well it seems that Yamada always was his name in this loop. So Eve was never incorrect. They know Cruz (Yamada) from way back then. And it makes me wonder more about why Blade showed up to stop that Testament in the sewers saving Cruz.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:27   Link #6665
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
BTW ch 75 is the last weve seen of Mio,she got canned and tossed out of the room so that she isnt in the room is logical (i supose nothing affected her).
However i dont get how Gido showed up there realy....
I think the room where they were was replacing the hospital room from the present time, and due to Gido being there, the changes of the past brought him back.

This month's chapter should give us some clarifications on the matter.
Old 2011-04-16, 10:50   Link #6666
Ca12nag3

Doesnt seem that way, the rooms are way different, as in the room they were in in the past had a window and small black tiles on the walls i think. the hospital room has big tiles etc. well anyways its different.

It is however possible that the ones in the room *living people* were transfered, so blade,saten,eve and Gido were transfered to teh living world. Literaly kinda fusing/replacing those in the living world. Meaning Eve Got Socks (from Saten), Cruzes arm had healed (in the memory world) and Gido relocated/revived into the living world. Saten and Blade however didnt realy change anything

The old geezer wasnt in blades past or hit by fragment/send there. So hes not part of the deal.

Mio is still K.O. outside the room somewhere so well see her lateron ^^

Thats how it think it works. (meaning that that power could actualy revive the dead from someones memory? :s If Gido was dead from the Arclight blast that is.
Old 2011-04-16, 11:34   Link #6667
Homura7

The blast, of course!!!!

Going by Saten's words, then Gido should have died for sure, he's human. Wich means the alterations not only changed some things from the present time, Gido who was surely dead was brought back to life as well.

Well then, this gives a new dimension to Ishiyama's fragment. It's not just changing the future, it's more than that. It kinda works as you said, like some kind of data transfer.

And that explains as well why there was a black hole. It was like being in the past, but it was just a world made of memories, actually.

EDIT:

Ok, I finally understand what happened. It was the dimensional fluctuation that sucked Cruz and Saten and brought them back to the present.

That same fluctuation sucked everything from the last place they were at that time, and thus brought Eve's socks, healed Cruz's arm and brought back Gido as well.

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-04-16 at 11:55.
Old 2011-04-16, 12:23   Link #6668
Soji

Quote:
The blast, of course!!!!

Going by Saten's words, then Gido should have died for sure, he's human. Wich means the alterations not only changed some things from the present time, Gido who was surely dead was brought back to life as well.

Well then, this gives a new dimension to Ishiyama's fragment. It's not just changing the future, it's more than that. It kinda works as you said, like some kind of data transfer.

And that explains as well why there was a black hole. It was like being in the past, but it was just a world made of memories, actually.

EDIT:

Ok, I finally understand what happened. It was the dimensional fluctuation that sucked Cruz and Saten and brought them back to the present.

That same fluctuation sucked everything from the last place they were at that time, and thus brought Eve's socks, healed Cruz's arm and brought back Gido as well.
Now that your mentioned , make sense.
Reviewing the last few pages of the ch it's what is seems to have happened, certainly in this way the author has brought back Gido without giving explanations for the pfzero and whether Mr. spiderman reappears we have a logical explanation (more or less).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 12:35   Link #6669
Avvesione

I'm not sure what Eve thinks of Cruz/Yamada. The only time she met him was after they retrieved the Eir System and revived her body and then, no one called him Yamada when she was alive. Plus there is the issue of the clothes (Eve's Outfit, Cruz's Outfit, PGS Uniform) and hair (medium length, short hair, twintails) that have been different each time she's met Cruz/Yamada. I'm not sure if she's put those things together in her head yet and realizes it's all been the same person.

Also, I like that idea about Gido. One thing I noticed about the present Gido is that he has the same amount of hair as he does in the present (which is less than what he had in the memory world). I don't know if that's worth mention but it was something I noticed.
Old 2011-04-16, 12:53   Link #6670
Soji

^To tell you the truth I doubt Eve made two plus two in regard to Yamada, it will be very interesting see her reaction in the next chapter.
Disk and Blade are one thing they know that Yamada = Cruz but Gido and Eve no know about this ,then I have to say I'm expecting some other interesting reaction in the next chapter like Blade and Disk reaction when Yamada has avoided Eve cannon.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-04-16 at 13:09.
Old 2011-04-17, 07:55   Link #6671
Ynot

Oh man it'll be nice if we'd finally get a clear cut answer as to how memory world and this one are connected. We've had a lot of theories but none of them sound completely right to me by themselves.

The latest theory is an interesting one. If the socks and Gido are sucked along with Saten and Yamada into the real world, it looks like the age they would've gained in normal time is added when they arrived in the present. Just like Avvesione already mentioned, Gido doesn't have as much hair anymore as in the memory world. This would be proof time is added if he really came from memory world. So does that mean Eve's socks haven't been washed in years too ?

There's also the fact Yamada and Saten arrived before they left originally, so I think there's some freakish combination of memories/time travel going on. I do hope whatever Imai Kami will come up with to explain all of this will makes us go "Aha!"
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 08:16   Link #6672
Ca12nag3

Well its all kinda dificult, Gido didnt seem surprised but neither Saten or Cruz seem to notice him or it being off by him being there. I seriously do not hope that the timelines got altered and Mio disapeared from this line. Meaning that Cruzes time with her got lost.
That would make him and the girlsquad enemies again instead of (semi) enemies.
Old 2011-04-17, 08:35   Link #6673
Ynot

^If the past did change, I hope it hasn't been altered too much. It'd make me feel like reading a book just to have someone wake up on the last page realizing it was all a dream.
Old 2011-04-17, 09:26   Link #6674
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
^If the past did change, I hope it hasn't been altered too much. It'd make me feel like reading a book just to have someone wake up on the last page realizing it was all a dream.
Do not worry I doubt that the past has changed enough to make a change like the one said by Ca12nag3.
I mean Yamada continue to have the PGS uniform which means that what he went through with Setsuna, Kushinasi and MIo is still valid.
I'm sure that in the next chapter we will see Mio return to the room or someone goes to pick her up.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-04-17 at 10:22.
Old 2011-04-17, 12:40   Link #6675
Avvesione

We'll find out in the next chapter what's going on because I'm sure Cruz will ask some questions and get some information and go on thinking again. I'm sure he'll also noticed Gido and get that shocked/nervous look again.

Additionally, I don't know how important the socks are on Eve. They seem like just a gag joke, imo. If you look at pages 20-21, Eve isn't wearing socks in bed (her legs are plainly visible). Now you can't say that when time started up again that the socks would then appear since they were still flowing through the Blackout Invoke but Gido was already there in the room meaning that things had already changed.

Also, I will be mad if Mio isn't in this chapter.
Old 2011-04-17, 13:10   Link #6676
Ynot

^ Yeah, I noticed the missing socks, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time a mistake like that has been made(missing sleeves, missing mechanical eye, etc) So either the missing socks are a mistake, a one time occurrence solely meant as a joke, or Eve created them herself unconsciously for whatever reason. Lol, I have no idea anymore.......
Old 2011-04-17, 14:09   Link #6677
Avvesione

That's true... I guess we'll find out when the volume is released since they always have corrections in them.

Tomorrow we get the preview page from the main website, so we'll have some idea of what the next chapter will be about. We get the title of the chapter (so a new arc title), a synopsis, and a picture, so we'll have plenty to talk about sometime Monday.
Old 2011-04-17, 18:10   Link #6678
Homura7

^What about that blog you found, Avvesione?
Old 2011-04-17, 21:28   Link #6679
Avvesione

That's right, I forgot about him.

He always posts about Needless on the day it's released but he almost never posts pictures and usually leaves only a line about the chapter. The last few have been: "Eve Revived" "Kafka's back" and "Yamada's already a girl" (when he got Eve's outfit in the memory world... didn't know what that meant until I actually saw the chapter).

Anyway, I might as well post the link for anyone interested in whatever summary we might get from him, so here it is:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/jagabata/
Old 2011-04-18, 22:05   Link #6680
Avvesione

New Preview is out:

Spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, seinen