AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-25, 09:41   Link #161
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow, he is a bad guy now. And he has a son. And I guess the cop and dog girl are together...?

That ending just leaves more questions.

And a happy ending for Hayate? Come on, from the tone of this series you should know better. I would have loved a happy ending(I hate bitter or tragic ends), but I just knew this one was gooing to end bad.

I was very suprised that they showed his son though.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:44   Link #162
Argent

Very much a WTF ending.

Is this supposed to be leading into a sequel series or is this a reference to one of Shotaro Ishinomori's other series?
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 16:55   Link #163
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I too expect a sequel. Too many unasnwered questions.
Old 2007-07-25, 16:57   Link #164
ssfsx17

Need... sequel... NOW!
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 19:34   Link #165
lightbringer
M9000

Well, no, I wasn't really expecting a happy ending or anything.

Wait, his son?! The kid Kirika is holding? Did I miss out on something? I don't remember the two of them sleeping together Maybe my memory is leaky.

I'm not expecting a sequel, either. It might ruin the currently perfect ending.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 20:38   Link #166
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, he had Hayate's hair so I assumed it was theirs. And several times they spent the night together in th show. I assumed it was one of those times. I could be wrong.

I don't expect a seqel, but I want one. And I wouldn't say it is completely tragic. Cat girl and cop get a sort of happy ending(their children....uggg), and even though Kirika did loose the man she loved, she has his child(in my opinion anyways). Their child will allow her to retain he rmemories of Hayate. And truthfully I think hayate died that night. All that is left is the Skull Man. Maybe for the best she thinks he is dead.

Anyways, this is all my views on the ending.
Old 2007-07-26, 13:30   Link #167
ItachiGT
Banned

Yeah, no Happy clichee ending, great!

Hayate is most probably not Hayate but Katsuo!
And Maya was his sister.

Well Kirika's child, i dunno.......

Well anyways, Katsuo really died i think and now is controlled by the beastman (forgot the name), so his body is the container for the evil Skullman.

There will be no 2nd season.
ItachiGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 00:50   Link #168
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i think the baby is namine's kid she said something about having a kid and had to leave or something, maybe kirika and the old woman namine worked for are now taking care of it?

great show. curious why it didnt have more success it was by far the best this season.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 09:34   Link #169
hipeach

Nami's kid was at least old enough to talk even one year ago previous to the event of the TV series, so nope the kid is definitely not Nami's.

I'm not sure if I got it right about the characters, so in the end :

Hayato is indeed the Kagura son, who was taken away by Minagami along with the skull mask when Kagura was killed.

Masaki is Kuroshio's son with some unknown woman.

After Kuroshio unintentionally caused the death of Kagura, he took in Kagura's wife and daughter as his own.

And for the ending :

Kiriko surely had at least one chance to have Hayato's kid, remember when they embraced each other in the forest before Hayato set out to have his supposed "final confrontation" with Kuroshio?

I think Hayato was killed in the end, and the american Brain Gear revived him but now he is taken over by the Skull's will. That's why he said he was the first and the last.

I guess that old detective was killed because he knows a bit too much, he was the one who had the chance to see some important files and presumably get to know much more about the project than the others.

Last thing, those spiderbots from Brain Gear are really cool!
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 17:55   Link #170
FortMan

Hi, long time lurker here. I really like Skull Man. Hope it could be a little faster at the beginning, but the rest, especially the ending, is awesome.

I can't help but notice something...

Spoiler for Skull Man Ending Images:
FortMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 00:12   Link #171
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I also believe that the Hayate everyone knew is dead. His body is still around but with something evil in it.

As for a happy cliche ending, all endings are cliche these days. Both happy and sad, both have been done many times.

My preference is happy endings but that is just because I have seen so many sad ones. That is just me.
Old 2007-07-28, 01:59   Link #172
hipeach

well, Skullman doesn't have a cliched ending, since Skullman doesn't have an ending (or is it called open ending?)
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 03:21   Link #173
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have seen alot of those too. Almost every ending in today's shows are cliched. Not even counting old anime, the same types of endings have been in books for hundreds of years...just the details are different. Like mechs and Lolis now compaired to Horses and Frenchmen from then....
Old 2007-07-28, 13:06   Link #174
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMan View Post
Hi, long time lurker here. I really like Skull Man. Hope it could be a little faster at the beginning, but the rest, especially the ending, is awesome.

Wow that's really interesting Maybe is a reference having to do with the fact that those Brain Gear cyborgs were modeled after the Cyborg 009 ones? Or are they planning to extend it somehow D:

It kinda reminds me of the ending of Giant Robot OAVs,
Spoiler for Giant Robot OAVs ending:

Of course it's two different things, this is from Ishinomori's work while GR was by Mitsuteru Yokoyama D: But the kind of surprise open ending with reference to another series is similar XD
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 13:28   Link #175
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMan View Post

It's definitely not a coincidence. And it seems Kiriko's baby is 009/Joe Shimamura himself.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 03:02   Link #176
kauldron26
Med Student

whoa... the ending reminds be of berserk. fucked up to the core, yet absolutely phenomenal. damn... i love being in awe... so im guessing the baby was from that moment in the woods?
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 12:46   Link #177
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I took that as well.
Old 2007-08-25, 16:09   Link #178
7Th
Mixtape

Finally. People in this thread are at last realizing what Bones wanted to do with the Skullman finale.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 16:17   Link #179
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I must have missed this. And what would that be?
Old 2007-08-27, 03:24   Link #180
GPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I must have missed this. And what would that be?
I'm guessing they wanted to make Skull Man a prequel to Cyborg 009 and introduce a Darth Vader twist to it...
GPA is offline   Reply With Quote