AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-20, 05:29   Link #21
peruperu

the last thing Al said was that he heard his mom's voice?
somehow the cast for their mom and the secretary is the same person...
does that mean the secretary has some connection to Ed and Al?
Old 2004-01-20, 05:44   Link #22
Sharkus-kun
Neighborhood Sea Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruperu
the last thing Al said was that he heard his mom's voice?
somehow the cast for their mom and the secretary is the same person...
does that mean the secretary has some connection to Ed and Al?
Yeah, I was wondering about the secretary way back in ep 13...about her significance and all.

But even better question. After seeing all the etching of arrays on various state alchemists gloves, why the heck doesn't Al have some similar etchings on his armor? It'd definitely save the time it takes to break out some sidewalk chalk and write one on the ground.
Old 2004-01-20, 10:09   Link #23
SidSavage

This episode is full of easter eggs and revelations!

For example:

Spoiler:

Also:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-20, 10:33   Link #24
Super Panda
Legendary Panda Sennin

The funniest part had to be when the female officer kicked Mustang off his feet and told him he's useless in the rain. That reaction with priceless
Old 2004-01-20, 10:41   Link #25
Joe Dalton

yeah but roy did not kill ed and al's parents but like stated above winry's parents lol maybe rewatch it hunterx?

And yeah the thing with his arm is not clear yet.
He said he had seen those markings on a scroll he read of them. but the ishbar thought of alchemy as evil.
And the big guy said that he only used the second stage of alchemy decomposing.
Kinda makes me wonder if the stone is ment for alchemy or if its purpose is something else
Old 2004-01-20, 11:10   Link #26
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Panda
The funniest part had to be when the female officer kicked Mustang off his feet and told him he's useless in the rain. That reaction with priceless
You mean that reaction:

Yeah I was ROTFLMAO

Great episode!
Old 2004-01-20, 15:24   Link #27
Mcdonalds

yea wicked ep, i wonder how the story moves on from this and how Ed and Al survive in the big bad world.
Old 2004-01-20, 17:59   Link #28
mgslee

I figured the reason that you cant recreate the auto mail is that it deals with the human nervous system...

So if it was just his hand got chopped off he could replace it with alchemy but not if the whole thing was destroyed

Another thing is that its just waaaaay to complicated to do via alchemy?
Old 2004-01-20, 18:40   Link #29
SlugZilla
woofles

Great Episode, but too bad mustang and scar never fight.
Old 2004-01-20, 19:04   Link #30
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Panda
I didn't get that part. He should know his abilities better than anyone else, and he seemed confident that his powers would work. It would make sense that fire based powers wouldn't work in the rain, but in that case how could Roy not know?
Old 2004-01-20, 21:40   Link #31
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

hmmm..i hope winry gets to be a main character soon...anyway...i didnt really get why ed was lyke WTF after he was told winry's parents had been killed. I get dat roy killed her parents but what does that have to do with letting that old man leave. o.o
Old 2004-01-20, 22:59   Link #32
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
hmmm..i hope winry gets to be a main character soon...anyway...i didnt really get why ed was lyke WTF after he was told winry's parents had been killed. I get dat roy killed her parents but what does that have to do with letting that old man leave. o.o

I hope Winry becomes a main char too ^-^ maybe she can fix his arm. I hope her dog comes along too...i just want it too LOL. I guess Marco feels responsible for all the deaths because of his creation. So if he wereto go to that town and face Winry and see ppl that knew then he wouldn't feel right. I dunno I'm just guessing.
Old 2004-01-21, 02:44   Link #33
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Hmmmm....woah, alot of stuff happened in that episode....I'm looking through it and i'm guessing the arm is the philosiphers stone... or something along those lines....since edward said, "...marco isn't using the power of the stone..." That means the stone was calling to the arm... And the stone and his arm glow the same color... and of course,his arm absorbed the thing....so of course they're related somehow, rite???

And i've been staring at that arm....the tatoo things are kinda interesting.... I can make out some of the small things....it says....

TERRA - in skinny letters
Ndan - in bold betters
Colin ?? - under Ndan

And there are some other stuff i dont really feel like staring at anymore...heh, yeah....weirdness... any ideas what they could mean???

----------------------------

Some other stuff:

I believe that the Ishbal people had known about alchemy before the other people showed them... In the manga(and somewhat in the anime) Edward refers to wax wings story...about flying to the sun and blah blah, melted and such...I think the Ishbal people already went past that stage....the reason i say this is because Marco looked up an OLD document from Ishbal, rite?? It had the same pattern of his arm(Scar) in it... This would explain why the people said alchemy was the work of the devil...(Maybe they quit on science and just moved onto Math =P ) Hmmmm....what else?? Ummm...and i think that gluttony and Lust n such have to do something with the Ishbal people too...maybe the Ishbal people created them or maybe they used to be Ishbal people that went too far??? Hmmm....

Or you know....I might just be totally wrong on all this ^.^;; eheh...heh...heh.......
Old 2004-01-21, 05:44   Link #34
dragonstar13
Busy

Maybe the secetary is a silbling of their mother's. Like a twin sister.

Yeah I like it when Hawk kicked Roy down. It was the only funny part, aside from armstrong's poses in the episode.
Old 2004-01-21, 06:59   Link #35
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Me thinks the Secretary is LUST (alter ego), and the Fuhrer is what they refer to as FATHER.

Well, your guess is as good as mine.

Master Ran
Old 2004-01-21, 07:50   Link #36
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I didn't get that part. He should know his abilities better than anyone else, and he seemed confident that his powers would work. It would make sense that fire based powers wouldn't work in the rain, but in that case how could Roy not know?
I think his powers DO work, but he must first create a spark with his gloove that he can manipulate. But after running around in the rain, the glove should be wet->no spark. And he simply forgot it because he wanted to kick scars ass
Old 2004-01-21, 09:20   Link #37
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
yes and he cant run away, he want to be the fuhrer so he has to show a nice image of himself that s why this character roxx lol
Old 2004-01-21, 10:59   Link #38
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

mustang wants to be fuhrer i thoughthe wanted to be a general. no fuhrer,right???
Old 2004-01-21, 12:49   Link #39
illuminatedwax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I know the accepted english word is alchemy, but shouldn't it be alchemistry? Maybe when chemistry first seperated itself from alchemy and became a real science, they changed it to seperate it in people's minds from guys trying to turn lead or mercury into gold.
ETYMOLOGY LESSON: (copied from various sources)

The word alchemy is much older than the word "chemistry" but the two words come from the same origin. "alchemy" used to be "alkimia" in Arabic which means "the kimia." It is not certain where the word "kimia" came from though some believe it comes from the Egyptian word for their homeland, where alchemy was first practiced. The name for their homeland also means "black powder" which had important implications for transmuting metals. Others believe it came from Ancient Greek chumeia, which means "chemistry" or "mingling."

It is probably more likely that upon developing chemistry as a separate discipline, they referred back to the ancient Greek as reference. The suffix "-istry" means "skill," and neither word is 'wrong,' as they were both borrowed from the same Greek origin.

A side note, alchemists were not only interested in transmuting base metals to gold, where the point was not only monetary but spiritual as well; the "Philosopher's Stone" was an important spiritual goal, a sort of manifest of the perfection of man. Or something like that. Another important goal studied during the 17th century was that of finding the Philosophick Mercury, the essence of man that made him 'human.'

It's probably a safe bet that this series will not likely see major distribution in the States, because alchemy really is a sort of an occult practice. "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" became "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" for that very reason.

Anyways,
-iw
Old 2004-01-21, 14:58   Link #40
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
mustang wants to be fuhrer i thoughthe wanted to be a general. no fuhrer,right???
In episode 13, he said he wanted to be Fuhrer and he will order all girl to wear mini skirt
Actually he wants to have the best grade !
Closed Thread