5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-10, 23:26   Link #241
Edict

yes, there is a necessary distinction between subjectivity and objectivity. And perhaps more importantly the degree of relations between these differences.
Edict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 23:29   Link #242
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In a series that may have set a modern record for death flags - and has honored every one of them so far - I don't see any way Homura makes it out alive. There can be no real closure if she's alive.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 23:29   Link #243
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 23:31   Link #244
Sekirei07

I can just imagine one of those motivation posters with a picture of QB with the line:
"The only cuddly creature to lead humanity to its doom more than once"
Old 2011-03-10, 23:32   Link #245
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
2 + 2 = 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki
2 + 2 = 4
BB says 2 + 2 = 5. You are all thought criminals. Room 101, Miniluv.

( Sorry I just could not resist )
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 23:35   Link #246
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That ending wouldn't fit, in my opinion. Homura's already killed Madoka once (Timeline 3). If that doesn't end the time-looping, then clearly breaking it requires Madoka to live and not become a witch, imo.
Ah, you're right. I had forgotten that (and so quickly, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Even without Madoka, there are other innocent girls for QB to pick from
Homura probably doesn't care. Madoka is her top concern.
Old 2011-03-10, 23:45   Link #247
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
So Homura is really Rika. Maybe this is all really just a game between Bernkastel and Lambdadelta?
Old 2011-03-10, 23:46   Link #248
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So in the end Sayaka is useless till the end.
Old 2011-03-10, 23:47   Link #249
SonicSpeed

What we really need is Madoka wish, because she hasn't told us yet. Madoka wish might changed the whole entire destruction to a really good ending.
SonicSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 23:50   Link #250
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
So Homura is really Rika. Maybe this is all really just a game between Bernkastel and Lambdadelta?
Gah. I would love that. Bern's playing the Witches' side, and Lambda playing the Mahou Shoujo (Homura) side. Sure, neither side has nearly no chance of winning, but the Witches gives Bern the senseless destruction she wants, and with Lambda's power of Certainty, she'll allow Homura to gain her victory. 'Course then she'll show that in the end, Homura is still a Mahou Shoujo, forcing her to succumb to the despair which comes with her inevitable Witch-ification.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 23:55   Link #251
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
What we really need is Madoka wish, because she hasn't told us yet. Madoka wish might changed the whole entire destruction to a really good ending.
I doubt it will. The established good end seems to be everyone (primarily Madoka and Homura though) escaping the Mahou Shoujo set-up. Kyubey's a clever little rat, and Madoka... in the kindest of terms, is completely clueless. There's no way he's going to grant a wish which would deprive him of her enormous amount of energy.
I'm bounding more on her super-powerful magic circumventing this whole charade.
Old 2011-03-11, 00:03   Link #252
Shadow5YA

What we need is a Madoka magica RPG starring Homura. Multiple timelines for multiple playthroughs. She uses conventional weapons, so weapons are variable. There will be secrets and different VN-like choices everywhere.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:09   Link #253
musouka

Looking at this episode, as a Ryukishi fan, I can't help but think that this would have been better if it had been less of a "reveal" and more what the premise of the series centered around. I'm glad that Homura stopped being an obnoxious plot device this episode, but it also just didn't ring true to me emotionally except for the very first iteration, which was really the thrust of what we needed to see anyway.

I felt like the execution was just perfunctory. There wasn't any nuance to how Homura acted towards her situation. It was exactly by the book in almost every respect.

I was sort of gratified to see that QB was exactly what I thought he was--simply a high pressure salesman that skips off once he's hit his quota.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:16   Link #254
SonicSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
I doubt it will. The established good end seems to be everyone (primarily Madoka and Homura though) escaping the Mahou Shoujo set-up. Kyubey's a clever little rat, and Madoka... in the kindest of terms, is completely clueless. There's no way he's going to grant a wish which would deprive him of her enormous amount of energy.
I'm bounding more on her super-powerful magic circumventing this whole charade.
Even so, the chance of Madoka wish have to be granted. As Kyubey said wish can be granted once you realize your desire wish. Even if Kyubey is clever little rat. There no way you can't just totally says I'm sorry I can't granted your wish. That will be unacceptable for Kyubey. Kyubey needs her enormous amount of energy. Beside that it wouldn't make any sense in the first place if Kyubey won't granted her wish. Truly what I think is that Madoka wish might changed everything, even though there is a slight chance to achieve a happy ending. It's either Madoka wish or it's going to be same ending as 4 time line that Homura have experience with.
SonicSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:23   Link #255
pikachuwei

KYUBEY SALARYMAN IS NOT A LIE! =OOOOOOOOOOO

and lol at madoka oneshotting WN. The thing was tossing buildings around for teh lulz and it seemed like it brought the entire city to ruin

this also explains how homura knew mami would die. In a past loop Charlotte probably killed mami, or mami had great trouble and was saved by madoka/sayaka etc, so homura knew it was too much for mami alone
Old 2011-03-11, 00:37   Link #256
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Madoka's power argument is troubling. She's clearly nothing special in the power department in most of the previous timelines.

The argument that it's tied to your wish holds no water since QB clearly feels her potential in this current timeline, and the last one. I'm not even going to bother trying to argue how Mami knew Madoka's potential, other than saying it's entirely possible that Mami's comment had nothing to do with Madoka's power, and instead was a comment on her potential to being a force of justice seeking out witches to destroy, but that sounds weak even to me.

The argument that it's additive, possibly a side effect of the time loop, where the power keeps adding to itself every time Homura resets the timeline also holds no water. It'd mean everyone's power would do the same right? Or, at the very least, it'd mean Sayaka's would (the only other person who would have only been turned into a magical girl during the time frame of each time reset; Mami/Kyoko were prior to the start point of the time loop). She's already a weakling in this timeline. Should we accept that she's even weaker in the previous ones? Though I could definitely see this being a minor issue that is simply glossed over if this argument ends up being true.

It's also possible there's a difference between potential and actual power. It's possible she's been potentially ridiculous in strength in every timeline. It's just the previous one in which she actually realizes that potential. I dislike this one as well, as I'd like to think if she was capable of killing the Walpurgis in one hit in any of the timelines, she'd have done so. She seemed pretty darn serious in all of them.

I dunno. It bugs. If I had to guess, I'd go with the additive theory, even if there are issues with how it should have effected other magical girls, specifically, Sayaka. Never mind that if that's how it works, QB's race would seemingly just keep resetting time to harvest the perfect magical girls in every case.

Still, it's obvious SOMETHING is residual in this time reset. I'm pretty sure the static Madoka had concerning Homura in episode 9 is supposed to show us this. I almost thought it was to make us realize Madoka was already technically a magical girl since she'd been one in the previous timeline, than I realized that didn't work since Sayaka had been one as well, and she had to be made one again in this one (though one could argue the only thing that matters is the first timeline, where Sayaka wasn't, but Madoka was-but that has nothing to do with the theory behind Madoka's super strong potential power). So, it's possible the hints of there being residual effects from the previous timelines are, indeed, supposed to support the idea that Madoka's power is additive. Gah. We'll see.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:38   Link #257
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

??? 255 posts and no one considered Homura becoming a witch being Kyuube's perfect ending? Sure, it's totally random, but I'd be glad if that happened. Haha.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:44   Link #258
Sekirei07

Homura is tech the official main heroine of this series now isn't she?

Also to fix everything Madoka need only make one wish:

"I Wish QB had never existed"

Thus solving everything with a self destructing paradox.
Old 2011-03-11, 00:47   Link #259
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I dunno. It bugs. If I had to guess, I'd go with the additive theory, even if there are issues with how it should have effected other magical girls, specifically, Sayaka. Never mind that if that's how it works, QB's race would seemingly just keep resetting time to harvest the perfect magical girls in every case.
Kyubey does just that by granting Homura her wish. Had Homura's wish been counterproductive to the system, I don't think Kyubey would have granted it, just like how he said he could not turn Sayaka back to normal.

So far Homura's results have been beneficial to Kyubey. Initially Madoka died and never became a Witch. Then Homura intervened, leading to Madoka's survival on Walpurgis Night, which allows her to become a Witch. Sayaka, who also was not initally involved, became a Witch as well. Homura herself will inevitably either become a Witch or die, unless she finds a way out.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 00:49   Link #260
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Homura is tech the official main heroine of this series now isn't she?

Also to fix everything Madoka need only make one wish:

"I Wish QB had never existed"

Thus solving everything with a self destructing paradox.
Self-destructing paradoxes are never a good thing. We want the world to keep on existing, after all.
Well, I do.

Tags
madoka magica, time travel