Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-10, 23:33   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach 174 Episode Discussion Thread

Ahoy ahoy! Hey, did you see how Italy get their ass kicked? I hope I didn't offend anyone by the term.... you know... "kicked." Apologies if I've offended any patriot, but I couldn't contain my joy to see how Holland rolled all over them. Speaking of Italians, I haven't seen Pelli in a while. Wonder how he is coping? Enough about the sad affairs of the Italians. Let's talk about this episode.

Oh my gosh! The episode title suggest that some mirrors will be broken. Don't the anime-original writers know such act will bring them 7 years of bad luck? On a second thought let's not tell them. Considering how much pain and mental anguish the viewers have suffered from these wacko-writers in so many anime titles (not just Bleach), I'm sure they are entitled to endure much longer suffering than a mere 7 years of bad luck.

Speaking of bad lucks, what happened to the Russians in the hands of the Spaniards was anything but bad luck. Man.. the Russians have no inside game. Yeah, I'm into European Cup these days, so bear with me for the next few weeks!

Enjoy the episode, or at least..., try.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2008-06-11, 08:58   Link #2
lequory
People hate good theories

seems no one is interested in discussion.
Old 2008-06-11, 11:04   Link #3
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Seems like this episode has one surprise, They're back!!! Yep!! the Mod Souls have returned.Oh Well!
Old 2008-06-11, 14:24   Link #4
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Ichigo's savior was a surprise, I thought he would escape last minute via reiatsu boost. After all this arc is missing something important, the enemies are no threat at all(just like our football team.. ), even the bounto were more of a menace.
Old 2008-06-11, 16:05   Link #5
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Seems like from the raw, Ichigo's team wasn't the ones jobbing this time, Ichigo was. A nice change from the "everyone but Ichigo phails" cliche.
Old 2008-06-11, 16:39   Link #6
Wych

Has it been confirmed how long these fillers will last?

With Ichigo fighting the "head ninja" who seems to be 2nd in command surely it can't be too long until they are over, but then again they haven't really introduced the captain into the main story yet.
Old 2008-06-11, 20:37   Link #7
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

I just hope someone drops a nuke on all this and it ends.
Old 2008-06-12, 00:02   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Ichigo's savior was a surprise, I thought he would escape last minute via reiatsu boost. After all this arc is missing something important, the enemies are no threat at all(just like our football team.. ), even the bounto were more of a menace.
Yeah I was honestly expecting him to just boost out of it at the last second. Instead he gets rescued and the battles finish up. These guys really aren't a threat. Even Inoue can score a hit on them, which says something .
Old 2008-06-12, 01:03   Link #9
Yoruichi
Lover of Soi Fon

Hell yeah more Yoruichi!!!!
Old 2008-06-12, 01:35   Link #10
Jays

hahah I'm soo tempted to write a tag saying "fail train"

I seriously wonder if the Japanese audience enjoys this crap, I'm surprised that I'm actually watching this.
Old 2008-06-12, 01:48   Link #11
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Okay, first they were too strong. "OMG WHY IS ICHIGO HAVING A HARD TIME AGAINST THIS NARUTO REJECT?"

...now they're too weak? xD Make up your mind, fandom.
Old 2008-06-12, 02:15   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Okay, first they were too strong. "OMG WHY IS ICHIGO HAVING A HARD TIME AGAINST THIS NARUTO REJECT?"

...now they're too weak? xD Make up your mind, fandom.
Actually I think the complaint can be consistent . The enemies weren't' too strong, Ichigo was just fighting as if he was a lot weaker than he should be. Problem has stayed the same with it taking longer to defeat these guys than it reasonably should. Even with that they don't at any point feel like a threat. Not the problem of the enemy, being weak isn't their fault really. All about the main characters abilities dropping down.
Old 2008-06-12, 02:30   Link #13
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Say what you want but I enjoyed the episode. I suspend disbelief of Ichigo's "weakness" by saying he's being cautious, after all he was fighting someone who had a blade that was used previously, and even though that user was a n00b, he could freeze Ichigo in place for a few moments at a time. The fact that everyone actually fought was nice. Lastly, Inoue hurt someone. Not only did she hurt him, she double shotted. Her first successful attack since she fought the hollow when she discovered her powers, and she gets two ninjas with one Tsubaki.
Old 2008-06-12, 02:35   Link #14
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

this episode was decent and we got some decent fight animation in Ichigo vs. Hanzu or whatever his name is <.<

they need to seriously stop w/ the Paralyzing Effect...they did it w/ Tousen, Bounto Filler Dude Kenpachi killed, now ninjas
Old 2008-06-12, 07:20   Link #15
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Decent episode. I especially enjoyed the scenes with the mod soul trio. Ririn ftw!
Old 2008-06-12, 12:11   Link #16
clarizza

Poor Ririn

Hope she gets that sexy gigai she is wanting soooo bad =)
Old 2008-06-12, 17:38   Link #17
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

Okay, that's it.

*pulling out sniper rifle*

ps. Yoruichi is EPISODE SAVIOUR not Ichigos <<

Old 2008-06-12, 17:59   Link #18
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I just have to say it: Orihime was the first one to defeat her opponents. Okay I'm done with that.

Kumoi's plan is simple, yet effective. 1) Kill Lurichiyo in the real world and cover it up. 2) Plant her fiance as the new head of the family, simultaneously breaking the female-only family head tradition. (Also kill all opposition to this move) 3) Have the fiance killed and take over. Apparently the other elders of the family are too stupid to see this, but oh well...

And Yoruichi, despite the fact she only showed up for like 5 seconds, still owned the entire episode.
Old 2008-06-12, 20:28   Link #19
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I don't think it's cause they're stupid, possibly them wanting to live.
Old 2008-06-12, 22:40   Link #20
lequory
People hate good theories

l @ the epic arc win tag...i posted up the arc failure one....To whoever put up the other it should be "Epic Episode Win" not "Arc". This episode wasn't stupid but the arc so far is slowly dying and thats hard considering I love Bleach. My anticipation for the releases are getting more and more tame.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly episode discussion