AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-10-06, 06:32   Link #41
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Are there any...walkthroughs for Clannad? Along with what's supposingly the best routes to follow in succession?
I have a 90 hours playing guide and a 300 hours playing guide, which one do you want?

There's no 'best routes' You'll need to go through all routes (apart from Ryou) in order to unlock the 'after story' in which there's only one route to uncover the true and final ending.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 06:36   Link #42
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
I have a 90 hours playing guide and a 300 hours playing guide, which one do you want?

There's no 'best routes' You'll need to go through all routes (apart from Ryou) in order to unlock the 'after story' in which there's only one route to uncover the true and final ending.
What's the difference between both? @_@

Well, as for the best routes thing, I heard someone (( Sushi? )) in this forum saying before playing 'girl C's route' before 'girl B' will make you confused on some storyline things or something like that, kinda like Tsukihime's Arc first, then Ciel thing. I know it doesn't really affect anything in the long run, but still...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 07:39   Link #43
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolitaDecay View Post
O:
From where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
That's what I would like to know as well...
CDJapan has the Limited Edition up for preorder, but Amazon Japan hasn't yet updated.
Old 2007-10-06, 10:47   Link #44
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
What's the difference between both? @_@

Well, as for the best routes thing, I heard someone (( Sushi? )) in this forum saying before playing 'girl C's route' before 'girl B' will make you confused on some storyline things or something like that, kinda like Tsukihime's Arc first, then Ciel thing. I know it doesn't really affect anything in the long run, but still...
The 90 hours guide is a guide for players to collect all CG, music and contents within the shortest time. Some variations of the same stories which are not the requirement will be skipped, though.

The 'playing girl C's route before girl B' thing is said by me. It is not about who is better or not, but playing in the recommended order will give you more background information on side characters in that character's route. For example, Nagisa Tomoyo makes an appearance in Nagisa route as a side character. If you've played Tomoyo route before Nagisa route, you'll know what kind of person is Tomoyo is and will waste less time wonder on her actions. Also playing the Fuko route before the Nagisa route will produce an extra event, but that's the only case it is.
Old 2007-10-06, 10:50   Link #45
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
The 90 hours guide is a guide for players to collect all CG, music and contents within the shortest time. Some variations of the same stories which are not the requirement will be skipped, though.

The 'playing girl C's route before girl B' thing is said by me. It is not about who is better or not, but playing in the recommended order will give you more background information on side characters in that character's route. For example, Nagisa Tomoyo makes an appearance in Nagisa route as a side character. If you've played Tomoyo route before Nagisa route, you'll know what kind of person is Tomoyo is and will waste less time wonder on her actions. Also playing the Fuko route before the Nagisa route will produce an extra event, but that's the only case it is.
300 then.

Along with the recommended order, naturally.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-06, 14:43   Link #46
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiet View Post
CDJapan has the Limited Edition up for preorder, but Amazon Japan hasn't yet updated.
Thank you!
Old 2007-10-06, 21:30   Link #47
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Are there any...walkthroughs for Clannad? Along with what's supposingly the best routes to follow in succession?
I used this as my guide
http://yuzz21.web.fc2.com/CLANNAD.html

Personally, I don't think the ordering matters too much, as long as Nagisa's route is done last (or repeated one more time before heading onto After Story using the AFTER STORYを始める前に Nagisa route). It saves time to do the similar routes together though (Kyou and Kappei's route, Tomoyo and Misae-san's route, etc.)

Also, the route flowchart listed by Yuzu-san seems to follow a bad→good scenario trend. Kyou's route being the blandest, while Kotomi and Fuuko's route being the most powerful ones. It's probably a good idea to save the best ones for last, less dissappointment that way.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 08:32   Link #48
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

wow, that's one pretty walkthrough.
I got mine off kfc, and I'm still translating it(unless you can read Chinese?)

The order is important. Not only it saves time ,but sometimes playing in different orders will affact the reader's point of view when playing.(see spoiler)

Spoiler for about the order:

Here's my recommended order:
Minase --> Tomoyo --> Yukine --> Ryou --> Kyou --> Kappei --> Mei Sunohara --> Ichinose --> Fuko --> Koumura --> Nagisa AND After Story
Spoiler for reason:

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-07 at 09:04.
Old 2007-10-07, 08:38   Link #49
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
wow, that's one detailed walkthrough.
I'm still translating mine(unless you can read Chinese?)
I can (( emphasis = can )) read Chinese, but I'd rather not to. I'm only so-so slightly better in Chinese as I am Japanese, and I'm already half-dead from reading 彩雲国物語―黄金の約束. (( SaiMono, pretty much the only light novel I'm killing myself with, since I'm too much of a stupid fanboy. ))

If houkoholic's link to the PS2 voice ~> PC was a complicated guide, I would've .

If it's too much trouble for you, then I don't mind. But honestly, I would be much thankful if it could be translated.

Old 2007-10-07, 09:05   Link #50
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

it;s not much of a trouble--translating happens to be my hobby
Old 2007-10-07, 17:35   Link #51
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
If houkoholic's link to the PS2 voice ~> PC was a complicated guide, I would've .
There's an english version of the PS2 → PC voice patch guide
http://www.geocities.com/sleephook/clannad/index.en.htm
Old 2007-10-08, 21:25   Link #52
chrisl456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I seriously can't wait for the 16:9 version --- its the way Kyoani originally planned this series to be in.

4:3 does not do it justice.
Anyone know why it was in 4:3? I was pretty bummed when I discovered that it was 640x480.

I think I saw somewhere that Clannad is airing on multiple different channels. Did it premier on a non-HD channel or something? KyoAni stuff deserves not just 16:9, but full 720p glory IMHO.
chrisl456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 21:54   Link #53
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl456 View Post
Anyone know why it was in 4:3? I was pretty bummed when I discovered that it was 640x480.

I think I saw somewhere that Clannad is airing on multiple different channels. Did it premier on a non-HD channel or something? KyoAni stuff deserves not just 16:9, but full 720p glory IMHO.
I can answer that for you.

BS-i initially had the rights to broadcast the show in HD 16:9 goodness. However, TBS is the parent company of BS-i and were allocated the premiere. Since TBS don't broadcast in 16:9, KyoAni had to crop the anime to fit TBS specs. I'm not sure if they screen HD either.

However, with that being said, two other channels will also be broadcasting CLANNAD in between the wait from TBS and BS-i. MBS will screen CLANNAD on 14th October at 1:55am and CBC will screen on the 18th October at 3;20am (first broadcast time - regular = 2:50am).

The thing is, MBS may screen a downscaled SD broadcast in 16:9 - if Shana II is of any indication. We shall wait to find out.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 00:43   Link #54
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl456 View Post

What's 720p glory?
Old 2007-10-09, 00:46   Link #55
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
What's 720p glory?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p

Basically, 16:9 HD goodness which is clearly non-existent in the 4:3 TBS airing of Clannad.

~~~

Here's my question, episode-1 related.

Was Akio's quote a homage to Roy Focker, or was I just reading too much into it?

Old 2007-10-09, 01:34   Link #56
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

As requested, here's the 300 hour guide translated:
The 300 hour guide is actually derived from the 90 hours guide, so I presented here first:
CLANNAD 90 hours walkthrough
90 hours is the official time for finishing the main routes, completing 100% and BGM. But experienced players might be able to do it faster.

Spoiler for school life section:

Spoiler for After Story section:

Detailed walkthrough of each routes and After Story:
Spoiler for walkthroughs:

Spoiler for Appendix:

To be continued...
Contents to be added:
Walkthrough for baseball route
Walkthrough for war game route
Walkthrough for bad end
Walkthrough for mysterious man
I ended up making a new version...Uguu...

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-20 at 18:16.
Old 2007-10-09, 02:32   Link #57
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Sagare Minase
Not that it matters, but it's Sagara Misae (相楽美佐枝).
Old 2007-10-09, 04:22   Link #58
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Not that it matters, but it's Sagara Misae (相楽美佐枝).
Thanks X 100 for the correction.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-10-20 at 12:29.
Old 2007-10-09, 07:02   Link #59
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Hmm, was wondering if theres been any confirmation on how many episodes the anime will go on for?

I liked Kanon's pace but the longer it goes on for the more i have to wait for the new season of Haruhi heh
Takuto19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 07:43   Link #60
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post
Hmm, was wondering if theres been any confirmation on how many episodes the anime will go on for?

I liked Kanon's pace but the longer it goes on for the more i have to wait for the new season of Haruhi heh
With 8 DVDs scheduled to be released and with 3 episodes on each volume, that equates to 24 episodes.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote