AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 11:40   Link #761
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Indeed, some of the songs are unique (although they are distinctly Kenji Kawai's style ). I just wonder what the other songs are like; I'll make my decision as to which song(s) stand out after the full OST comes out....
teh_nubkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 23:38   Link #762
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Call me silly, but I'm waiting until I get my copy of the movie soundtrack until I listen to any of the tracks from it.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:43   Link #763
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Call me silly, but I'm waiting until I get my copy of the movie soundtrack until I listen to any of the tracks from it.
Fair enough, but at the risk of incurring a ban, I'm wondering why uploaders have not even bothered to upload the OST. From experience, it doesn't take more than a half hour to import a pair of CDs into 320 kb/s .mp3 files, compress them into a .zip or .rar archive and post it somewhere...it's almost as if those who do possess the OST don't want anyone else to have it.

Last edited by teh_nubkilr; 2010-09-24 at 15:01.
Old 2010-09-24, 13:21   Link #764
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
listened to the disc 1 of 00 movie ost. 6/10
Old 2010-09-24, 14:28   Link #765
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
So how does the movie OST compare to the first four? Which OSTs do you think the movie's was better than, and how many themes were remixed?
Old 2010-09-24, 16:47   Link #766
Setsuna_F.Seiei
Mokyo kuchiki suru

Send a message via MSN to Setsuna_F.Seiei
Quote:
where did you get it !
Setsuna_F.Seiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 03:27   Link #767
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
00 Gundam Movie OST Disc 1 & DIsc 2 - 6/10

Most of them are remixed versions of earlier osts . New stuff is pretty lame and lacks the punch that earlier osts delivered.Buy at your own risk!!!!(Complete disappointment)
Old 2010-09-25, 10:11   Link #768
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
00 Gundam Movie OST Disc 1 & DIsc 2 - 6/10

Most of them are remixed versions of earlier osts . New stuff is pretty lame and lacks the punch that earlier osts delivered.Buy at your own risk!!!!(Complete disappointment)
Well I could have used that before I bought the thing.
Old 2010-09-25, 11:56   Link #769
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Alright, So I've listened to the OST in loop for a while, it's pretty 50-50. Half of the tracks in the first part are gritty tracks a la Higurashi, but It goes in context with the whole ELS stuff. The remixes tracks on their hands are pretty good, but eh remixes. I was very happy to hear that FIGHT gets a remix in it, being my favorite tracks from season 1. That being said, the Trailblazing theme is pretty good, heard in THE BATTLE OF STRANGERS , FATEFUL WAR and FINAL MISSION~QUANTUM BURST, i'm probably missing one , but yeah it's lovely. It feels actually more of a leitmotiv than a theme, but I'll be able to ascertain this once I see the movie in 2 weeks.
All in all I'd give the whole OST a general 7/10 mark. Those of you who liked the Higurashi soundtracks will probably love it more however.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 15:27   Link #770
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
Alright, So I've listened to the OST in loop for a while, it's pretty 50-50. Half of the tracks in the first part are gritty tracks a la Higurashi, but It goes in context with the whole ELS stuff. The remixes tracks on their hands are pretty good, but eh remixes. I was very happy to hear that FIGHT gets a remix in it, being my favorite tracks from season 1. That being said, the Trailblazing theme is pretty good, heard in THE BATTLE OF STRANGERS , FATEFUL WAR and FINAL MISSION~QUANTUM BURST, i'm probably missing one , but yeah it's lovely. It feels actually more of a leitmotiv than a theme, but I'll be able to ascertain this once I see the movie in 2 weeks.
All in all I'd give the whole OST a general 7/10 mark. Those of you who liked the Higurashi soundtracks will probably love it more however.
I finally got a hold of the soundtrack. So far I like tracks like envoy from Jupiter with the Gregorian chant like chorus/humming. Heart of Feldt and Transient Peace are nice albeit short piano tracks, which are always my favorite type, those with piano. The first disk really feels somber. I can understand the disappointment that they recycled some of the music from the TV series.
Spoiler for END:

Last edited by yurifanboy; 2010-09-25 at 15:57.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 17:20   Link #771
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
I finally got a hold of the soundtrack. So far I like tracks like envoy from Jupiter with the Gregorian chant like chorus/humming. Heart of Feldt and Transient Peace are nice albeit short piano tracks, which are always my favorite type, those with piano. The first disk really feels somber. I can understand the disappointment that they recycled some of the music from the TV series.
Spoiler for END:
So would you say the soundtrack is worth buying? Speaking of: Does anyone have a picture of the album's cover artwork?
Old 2010-09-25, 17:54   Link #772
yurifanboy

Quote:
So would you say the soundtrack is worth buying? Speaking of: Does anyone have a picture of the album's cover artwork?
I think it is worth it if you enjoyed the music from the TV series. If you are looking for a completely new and fresh set of tracks, which are distinct from the TV series music, I think you will be disappointed. Although I cannot say how well the music fits the movie since I have not seen the movie yet. I just wish that Qualia appeared on the soundtrack.
Old 2010-09-25, 17:58   Link #773
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I think it is worth it if you enjoyed the music from the TV series. If you are looking for a completely new and fresh set of tracks, which are distinct from the TV series music, I think you will be disappointed. Although I cannot say how well the music fits the movie since I have not seen the movie yet. I just wish that Qualia appeared on the soundtrack.
I was expecting at least a couple of remixes, but I'm hoping at least half of it is completely new. Is it? What does the cover art look like?
Old 2010-09-25, 18:41   Link #774
yurifanboy

Quote:
I was expecting at least a couple of remixes, but I'm hoping at least half of it is completely new. Is it? What does the cover art look like?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8A%87%E5...=pd_rhf_shvl_4
I love the movie poster but you might be disappointed that they did not use a unique image for the OST.
Old 2010-09-25, 18:43   Link #775
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%8A%87%E5...=pd_rhf_shvl_4
I love the movie poster but you might be disappointed that they did not use a unique image for the OST.
Thats it?!?!? I was expecting something a little more glamorous.
Old 2010-09-26, 00:35   Link #776
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
I agree absolutely: I've just received my copy and had the chance to listen to the music- my initial thoughts are that it was not worth the forty Canadian dollars it cost to get it, although that isn't to say that most of the tracks are not impressive. The soundtrack has a lot of remixes that have a darker feel to them, and while well composed, isn't too original...I must say, some of the tracks resemble Kenji Kawai's works in Dark Water and Ip Man. It's worth the purchase for the die-hard fan and those who like remixes, but I was hoping for more original pieces than remixes. That said, most of what is on the soundtrack is excellent, so I would give it an overall rating of 3.5 of 5.
Old 2010-09-26, 07:41   Link #777
bio9205
Reborn

I know we're on the discussion of the 00 movie OST right now, but have you guys heard the piano renditions of some of the 00 OPs on YouTube? Some of them are pretty fantastic! Here're some.

Daybreak's Bell
Namida no Mukou
Trust You

Only one I can't find is Unlimited Sky.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 14:50   Link #778
Setsuna_F.Seiei
Mokyo kuchiki suru

Send a message via MSN to Setsuna_F.Seiei
Guys i've just uploaded the ost !! You'll find'em at Nyaatorrents and tokyotosho.info
hope this is not out of topic ! enjoy
Setsuna_F.Seiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:49   Link #779
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_nubkilr View Post
I agree absolutely: I've just received my copy and had the chance to listen to the music- my initial thoughts are that it was not worth the forty Canadian dollars it cost to get it, although that isn't to say that most of the tracks are not impressive. The soundtrack has a lot of remixes that have a darker feel to them, and while well composed, isn't too original...I must say, some of the tracks resemble Kenji Kawai's works in Dark Water and Ip Man. It's worth the purchase for the die-hard fan and those who like remixes, but I was hoping for more original pieces than remixes. That said, most of what is on the soundtrack is excellent, so I would give it an overall rating of 3.5 of 5.
So which tracks are original? By extension, which tracks were remixed into the movie OST? Someone said a couple posts back that "Final Mission ~ Quantum Burst" was a remix of "Trans-Am Raiser". What about the others? As an aside, does anyone else think the movie poster/OST cover art looks like a Star Wars poster?

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2010-09-26 at 16:16.
Old 2010-09-26, 16:54   Link #780
yurifanboy

Quote:
So which tracks are original? By extension, which tracks were remixed into the movie OST? Someone said a couple posts back that "Final Mission ~ Quantum Burst" was a remix of "Trans-Am Raiser". What about the others? As an aside, does anyone else think the movie poster/OST cover art looks like a Star Wars poster?
Sorry if I can't answer your question as I have not listened closely to each track in order to examine which ones are remixes. Exactly why I love the movie poster! The Star Wars vibe is strong with it. I don't mind it being the OST cover since it is such an awesome poster.