4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-14, 11:49   Link #21
Freakman

Look at the TIPS for episode 6, they have lots of background info on the village.
Old 2006-05-14, 12:27   Link #22
Meowshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I totally agree with you.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-14, 12:50   Link #23
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowshi
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-14, 12:59   Link #24
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler:

Old 2006-05-14, 13:50   Link #25
choia

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-14, 14:30   Link #26
Vicke

Interesting episode, lots of information. So now we know that Mion is the heir to the Sonzaki's and the dark past about the festival. I assume that Tomitake and Takano broke in to the sacred storehouse in Onikakushi-hen also. I wonder if there was a reason behind Shion dragging K1 into the storehouse. She wanted Oyashiro-sama to be angry at him? Also K1 does almost not react when he hears the stories about the murders and about the dark past, unlike in Onikakushi-hen where he freaks out. Right now I suspect that Shion somehow is behind the murders of Tomitake and Takano.
Old 2006-05-14, 15:01   Link #27
Tenson
"Hakuna Matata" Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Tenson Send a message via AIM to Tenson Send a message via Yahoo to Tenson
Quote:
Originally Posted by choia
Spoiler:
Oh my! That would actually make sense too! Very nice theory! *head's spinning*
Old 2006-05-14, 19:31   Link #28
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
But then again why would Mion have to pretend to be Shion just so Keichi would go with her to the storage area and what reason would Shion have to pretend to be Mion to go to the festival with Rena and the others?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-05-14, 20:03   Link #29
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Some thoughts after seeing episode 6.

This episode was dialogue heavy and not as suspenseful, funny, and gut-wrenching (no pun intended) as the others, but I guess it was necessary. It provided important clues as to what’s going on.

Just when you thought it could get any intriguing, in episode 6-
Spoiler:

Finally, for gosh sakes, Oishi and Keiichi don’t know how to hold a private conversation away from witnesses. First they were talking in a in the car near the school, next Angel Mort Restaurant, and in this episode they were at a library with people nearby. It’s no wonder that people find out. Oishi speaking with Keiichi in the library when Shion is there seems like a foolish thing to do.
Old 2006-05-14, 20:17   Link #30
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
But then again why would Mion have to pretend to be Shion just so Keichi would go with her to the storage area and what reason would Shion have to pretend to be Mion to go to the festival with Rena and the others?
I agree.

It's risky for both sisters to pretend to be one another when they are in the same vincinity. They could easily be discovered by one another.
Old 2006-05-14, 20:39   Link #31
Amaranthine

Wow... I found that episode very unsettling, and even more so after reading choia's post, which nicely fleshed out the general direction my own thoughts were turning. Something about the uncertainty of which twin it is at any given time is just extremely creepy... and of course, that's enhanced so much by everything else in this series.

I guessed at what was revealed in the storage area in the last arc, but it was just that... an idle guess, random speculation. I don't think I really thought it would be true. o_o

But it instantly makes me wonder if that whole thing is being used as cover in some way, maybe by one of the groups speculated at in other threads, maybe by a different one entirely. There's so much uncertainty surrounding everything, I definitely wouldn't be able to put forward anything like even a semi-complete conclusion yet. And I'm happy to sit back and let everything unfold right now... but I know this series is going to be in the corner of my mind, and it's going to keep nagging at me when I'm not doing anything else. I think before too long I'm going to have to sit down and think about this as hard as I can for a while.

Semi off topic: I was going to make a sig with the twins in it, but I think I'm too creeped out by them to do it after watching this episode.
Old 2006-05-14, 22:30   Link #32
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-14, 23:12   Link #33
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Spoiler:

I started this series late, but now I'm totally hooked!
Old 2006-05-14, 23:57   Link #34
rocket
Senior and Demented

Wow! Okay, Chapter 2 got off to a slow start - yes, apart from the opening ^_^;; - but this episode picks up the pace and leaves us far more tense than the second episode of chapter 1.

I nearly fell of my chair when Takano revealed her job (all sort of theories could derive from that), but that was merely the prelude to the big shockers!

So, my take...
Spoiler:

Boy! A whole lot of info in that episode, and not just talking and explanations. What happened (and didn't) seems to me as much of a clue as to the rest of the show as any of the details revealed.

In the end it bugged me how everybody just shows up and are introduced so quickly, with just enough "oh, pleased to meet you, I'm so and so whom you already know from last chapter," but I guess I can forgive them given how completely hooked I am.

I'm gonna go post some specific ideas in the general theory thread!
Old 2006-05-15, 00:04   Link #35
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Does anyone else feel really creeped out everytime Takano-san opens her mouth and speaks?
Old 2006-05-15, 00:53   Link #36
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Does anyone else feel really creeped out everytime Takano-san opens her mouth and speaks?
It's thoose sad eyes! But why was she soooo happy about everything she was finding?
Old 2006-05-15, 01:12   Link #37
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket
It's thoose sad eyes! But why was she soooo happy about everything she was finding?
She was so sad that she was happy. She was so happy to be sad. Meh, whatever.

On what day does Higurashi air?
Old 2006-05-15, 01:59   Link #38
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Quote:
It scares the crap out of me too.

She didn't come across as scary or creepy to me at all back in the last chapter.
Old 2006-05-15, 02:13   Link #39
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket
Because her favorite hobby is to research on history and the occult. Obviously, being able to take a sneak peek into one of the village's most strictly kept secrets would be very exciting for her.

Quote:
On what day does Higurashi air?
Read the wikipedia article as written on the first post of this thread. Basically, the very first TV station that airs Higurashi in the week is Kansai TV on Tuesdays at 25:55.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-15 at 09:28.
Old 2006-05-15, 10:42   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Don't be so quick to pass judgement on the whole series just because you saw an undesirable reaction from Keiichi. It's common for people to become agitated or angered easily when they're in a state of anxiety or panic. People always say "I would've been calm instead of freaking out like that" when they're on the sidelines, but the truth is, most people placed under a sudden stressful situation will fail in maintaining a calm conscious mind. The important thing is how fast they can regain their calmness and begin to think and act logically again.
I believe if I read this part of the story I would have been absolutely excited by the prospect of guessing what's about to come and would have been able to sympathize with Keiichi because I wouldn't be hearing him yell or see him deranged, wide eyed. The seiyuu or the voice for Keiichi just makes it too damn difficult to be sympathetic. This kind of voice acting that is so much common in a mecha-show, keeps me away from most of the mecha genre. The voice acting seems over the top and not always seems appropriate. What makes Keiichi's reaction in his panicky state so annoying is that he is so curious and has fits because he is excluded from the loop. So why are you panicking now you pansy ass bastard. Sorry. There are so many ways to show ones fear when one has just considered self to be one of the sacrifice other than telling the girl it's okay for you to be the sacrifice by having the prospect of facing a gruesome death as long as I am not one of these sacrifice... sort of.

Yeap, I don't see at this very moment how Keiichi has gotten to be one of the popular character.
Closed Thread