AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 12:02   Link #361
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I thought that was just a reference to the fact that he's in the badminton "club," going to practice despite being the only member.

A stubborn fellow, hence he's a "lonely boy" or "forever alone" in a very joking sense.
That's how I took it too.

Although it would be funny if, when it's all said and done, he's the only main cast member not in a canon pairing.
Old 2012-07-04, 14:24   Link #362
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Oh ho? I am glad to see that (well, at least as of ep 1 ) the series looks to be a pretty promising one. I will definitely keep this one for now....
Old 2012-07-04, 16:50   Link #363
speck123

Poor girl. Stage fright is no easy thing to handle.

speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 18:00   Link #364
black_star
How should i say it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
This part.

And speaking of yuri googles, mine were shining quite brightly at this particular scene.

speaking of which, I actually made that scene into a post.

Spoiler for this:

Hmm, Sawa looks like Nakochi. Her hair looks quite same.

That Miya-Sawa scene? oh gosh. But that's not enough.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 21:34   Link #365
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Our heroine is just darling! More than enough for me to give it a few more episodes. Maybe it will fill the void Hanasaku Iroha left.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 22:07   Link #366
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was a nice first episode Konatsu seems interesting
Old 2012-07-04, 22:25   Link #367
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Reckoner thought on a whim to show me this just to see my reaction and honestly I was all kinds of ready to just riff on it, but it was actually kind of decent. I think it helped that it had a little more personality both in terms of the characters introductions and how they interacted with one another than most shows of it's type. It also helped that it flowed from scene to scene pretty nicely with the characters always doing something (be it archery or riding a bike or horse or anything but just standing their talking at each other) thus giving it a little more life. Would I watch another episode.....well the juries still out on that one, but not half bad, not half bad at all for a show whose premise has been worn to death of late. Especially for a show whose primary styling is one I'm not at all akin to being attracted to by any stretch.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 22:31   Link #368
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

mmmm. headphones. i'm enjoying this show a lot. is this 1 or 2 cours? has the potential to be very good. i hope it doesn't deviate too much like HSI did. of course its beautiful etc etc being by PA Works. music is good. (yay for True Tears OST cameo)

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 22:53   Link #369
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i'm enjoying this show a lot. is this 1 or 2 cours?
Tari Tari is confirmed to be 13 episodes long.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 00:12   Link #370
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Reckoner thought on a whim to show me this just to see my reaction and honestly I was all kinds of ready to just riff on it, but it was actually kind of decent. I think it helped that it had a little more personality both in terms of the characters introductions and how they interacted with one another than most shows of it's type. It also helped that it flowed from scene to scene pretty nicely with the characters always doing something (be it archery or riding a bike or horse or anything but just standing their talking at each other) thus giving it a little more life. Would I watch another episode.....well the juries still out on that one, but not half bad, not half bad at all for a show whose premise has been worn to death of late. Especially for a show whose primary styling is one I'm not at all akin to being attracted to by any stretch.
I'm surprised you actually tried this Kaoishin given your general dislike of cute girls doing cute things

But yeh, one of the prime reasons why I'm more optimistic about this (compared to say Hanasaku Iroha) is the absence of Mari Okada, who's written the majority of PA's animes. Less chance of it deviating to stupid crossdressing, emasculation and other facepalm worthy stuff.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2012-07-05 at 00:23. Reason: double post
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:23   Link #371
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Of course it has only been one ep thus far, but in an odd kind of way this series reminds me a little of Natsuiro Kiseki, but without the small-minded, narrow vibes that series gave off for me (which ultimately led to my dropping the series).

Wish I could put my finger on why this one seems to work - maybe the charas seem more interesting and/or engaging somehow? Maybe the musical elements are more attractive? Maybe I like the art style better? (There certainly were some gorgeous scenes....) Dunno. It "breathes" more somehow, gives more of a feeling of "expanse"... or something. Maybe it will become clearer (or will be totally controverted) in the next few eps....

In any event I will definitely continue to check it out.
Old 2012-07-05, 14:07   Link #372
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Wish I could put my finger on why this one seems to work - maybe the charas seem more interesting and/or engaging somehow? Maybe the musical elements are more attractive? Maybe I like the art style better? (There certainly were some gorgeous scenes....) Dunno. It "breathes" more somehow, gives more of a feeling of "expanse"... or something. Maybe it will become clearer (or will be totally controverted) in the next few eps...
The expanse can be explained. There are more characters in this show with more personality than in Natsuiro Kieski. In Natsuiro, for the majority of the series we just had the four main characters and extremely little focus on any other character. In this series we not only have five main characters but two adults that had focus and clear personalities. You also have more a sense that the characters are living in the wider world instead of their own little world (like how the classmates jeered at the badminton guy and how the main characters talk to others like the piano girl).

It breathes more because the characters have more personality shown in more unique and non-typical ways (The badminton guy playing by himself, the genki girl who throws a fit of rage by humorously screaming in water and Austria guy with his lack social skills) and interact better with each other (e.g. casual banter like "ronery boy" and making the late comer sing.)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:13   Link #373
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The expanse can be explained. There are more characters in this show with more personality than in Natsuiro Kieski. In Natsuiro, for the majority of the series we just had the four main characters and extremely little focus on any other character. In this series we not only have five main characters but two adults that had focus and clear personalities. You also have more a sense that the characters are living in the wider world instead of their own little world (like how the classmates jeered at the badminton guy and how the main characters talk to others like the piano girl).

It breathes more because the characters have more personality shown in more unique and non-typical ways (The badminton guy playing by himself, the genki girl who throws a fit of rage by humorously screaming in water and Austria guy with his lack social skills) and interact better with each other (e.g. casual banter like "ronery boy" and making the late comer sing.)
Very good points.

I had sorta intuited and considered similar lines of thought and possibilities, perceptions, etc. I wonder if the sense of expanse and breathing I experienced after one ep was solely due to the chara contrast? It certainly was a consideration, though - and a big consideration for me, for whom the charas are a part of a series that is esp important.

Hopefully the series will "keep it up". If it does imo (although it is, of course, way early in the series) it will show itself to be a solid series and quite enjoyable.
Old 2012-07-05, 14:36   Link #374
Merry
One less to go around...

An adorable show. Kind of reminds me a couple of other recently ended slice-of-life shows all rolled up into one. And the animation is pleasing to look at.
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:42   Link #375
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hopefully the series will "keep it up". If it does imo (although it is, of course, way early in the series) it will show itself to be a solid series and quite enjoyable.
Another nice touch is that the frames aren't still (where just lips flap and every thing and one else is frozen in place: talking is free action) but the characters are doing things, even the small background nobodies are doing things even if its a minute little detail (and for once they don't look like awkward CGI lego-men from an alternate dimension). The main four, though, never stop and are always doing something even during expositions (take for instance the archery club moment), this gives every scene a sort of lively feel.

I hope it keeps this sort of character mobility and fluidity going through the 13 episode run.
Old 2012-07-05, 18:03   Link #376
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Finally had time to check this out, and it looks quite promising. It also looks like hanasaku iroha, but that's probably old news to all of you by now...

Sorry, can't let it go. One of the girls is essentially Minchi 2.0 Fortunately we also got a more open, elegant Nako (with a great fashion sense to boot), and the new Kou looks like he could be a pretty nice guy.

Gotta admit I wasn't sure who was supposed to be the MC at first, but by the end of the episode is pretty clear you're supposed to look at Konatsu for that. She certainly is perfect for the role: cheerful, outspoken, full of resolve. She's not quite at Ohana's level, but it was just the first episode, so that could change.

Not betting my life on it, though.

And yeah. it must be said.

Spoiler for When?!:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 22:38   Link #377
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The thing that strikes me most about this is how the scenes flow so nicely. I'll mainly credit the series director, Hashimoto Masakazu, who both wrote and storyboarded this episode. I think he makes good choices of what images to leave out and still have things flow well (e.g, the quick succession of plates for cat and father). As far as I can tell, he has never written an anime before, so it will be wonderful if he can prove himself here. His only directoral credit is a Professor Layton anime film.

Two other people are credited as directing the episode: Anzai Takefumi (eps of Soul Eater, Darker than Black, Canaan, Angel Beats, HSI) and Kurakawa Eiyou (a key animator who has directed one ep of Another).

I'm not so eager to compare Sakai with Minko. They only look that alike in certain scenes, and Minchi seems a much darker and more tsun personality.

As for who the MC is, it certainly appears to be Konatsu in ep1, but Sakai (Takagaki Ayahi) is credited first, and in the OP, it seems to me that she usually ends up closest to the camera, with "lonely boy" somewhere near. Maybe, just maybe, we will have emphasis on all the main characters.

Great insights from Flower and Haak, by the way. I enjoyed and watched all of Natsuiro Kiseki, but it was definitely a small show, in many ways.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 12:16   Link #378
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Noticed one more thing about the op. There's a brief scene of the asshole music teacher and supposedly her best friend back when they were in high school. They looked pretty happy and outgoing and then suddenly switches to her walking with regret or some sort. I smell some major drama here.
The same best friend can also be seen playing with Sakai in the beginning of the episode.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:18   Link #379
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The same best friend can also be seen playing with Sakai in the beginning of the episode.
Wow, didn't notice that. So the asshole music teacher and Wakana's mother were "best friends". And it's implied Wakana's mother is dead. HONK HONK. Incoming delicious drama in the near future.
My guess is that the asshole music teacher and Wakana's mother were both friends and rivals, but Wakana's mother was more talented than the asshole music teacher and she got jealous over it. Wakana and the asshole music teacher most likely have some history no doubt. My guess on that is that the asshole music teacher pushed Wakana too hard (both because of past jealousy of her mother and because of Wakana's potential) to the point Wakana "ragequit".

This series has so much potential drama that's portrayed pretty subtlety despite the rather happy and colorful exterior. F***ing love it.

I should really learn the asshole music teacher's name... instead of calling her asshole music teacher

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-07-07 at 12:33.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:14   Link #380
KaoruAoiShiho

[snip]

On topic:

Sadly this show looks like a cash-in on the great HanaIroha. The characters seem copypasta and the writing seems much weaker. I'll give it 3 episodes to see if it measures up, but this spiritual remake seems unpromising.

Last edited by monir; 2012-07-07 at 15:42.
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works