Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 20:05   Link #41
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammuz View Post
But what is best- what is BEST about this is how the people on the internet, behind their shrouds of anonymity, people raise high their pitchforks and torches for the man.

And do you wanna know what they want?

The exact same damn thing that he wanted.

Blood.

Hilarious! Really, just hilarious XD Please, continue. I'm about to go take a nap, as I've had a rather long day. I expect to see more of you people rallying around, thirsty for blood, upon my return. Until then, take care everyone ^^
I guess you are right. When a very intelligent man who was on his way to a Ph.D carefully plans out a killing spree (and even rigs his apartment with traps and explosives with the intent to kill more people) and then he does said killing spree, leaving sadness, death, and despair in its wake, we shouldn't be very mad with him. Perhaps we should have asked him if he was just having a bad week and if he needed a hug or perhaps a juice box.

Quote:

Guy commits "atrocity", and people all rush to deem him mad- first and foremost, that would be their goal. They'd want to separate themselves from him.
They'd want to separate themselves from him...I don't know if you realize it, but most people aren't in the same boat as this guy. Just FYI.

And you put atrocity in quotation marks? You saying what he did isn't an atrocity? Just what would you call it then? Maybe I don't wanna know what you'd call it. You said if the investigators tripped the traps and explosives at his apartment, that'd make things much more interesting, after all.

It is intriguing that you try to call out people for being mad at this mass murderer who has upset the nation, then you say that investigators being killed or injured by the traps and explosives at his apartment would have made things much more interesting.
Old 2012-07-20, 20:16   Link #42
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
/shrug, I couldn't care less about his motivations, as long as he's not actually medically insane..
Like this guy?

Spoiler:

Seriously. The system needs to be set up so that it is not easy for people -- like that -- to have access to guns.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 20:17   Link #43
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

a Request i asked a friend to draw

Old 2012-07-20, 20:35   Link #44
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Mother. Fucker.

It dosen't have the balls to admit it was a bloodthirsy maniac, so IT tried to make ITS sentence lighter by blaming IT'S behavior on being inspired by Heath Ledger's performance.

So, not only is it now a baby killer (and hence no longer a human being), it is a fucking coward who hides behind and desecrates the Good Name of the Dead.

Please send the fucker to Texas so we can fry it nice and extra fucking crispy, NO sponge on its UNSHAVEN head.
Old 2012-07-20, 20:35   Link #45
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Seriously. The system needs to be set up so that it is not easy for people -- like that -- to have access to guns.
It's easier said than done. There are many that never gets diagnosed until after they've committed a serious crime, and there is always the black market.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 20:36   Link #46
Cream

Quote:
Like this guy?

Spoiler:

pretty sure this is going to go hand in hand with the whole "take away guns from americans" bill. Not sure of the actual name, as i haven't been too interested in it but yeah. Its really convenient that this happened shortly after the bill was proposed.

But shit, why do things like this have to happen? It's so dumb and it honestly makes me mad. My condolences goes to the families of the victims and injured.
Old 2012-07-20, 20:43   Link #47
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
But shit, why do things like this have to happen? It's so dumb and it honestly makes me mad. My condolences goes to the families of the victims and injured.
Why do shooting massacres happen? I have no idea. I don't get how some people decide it is a great idea to go on a shooting spree.

He probably thought of shooting people at his university but went with a packed theater because he knew he could kill and injure more people. Just awful. Not that'd I'd want him to go on a shooting spree at his university, either. We don't want him to go on a shooting spree anywhere.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:07   Link #48
Xacual

I was surprised it took so long, though the guy at least says video games aren't totally to blame.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...rado-shooting/

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 21:12   Link #49
Lightning_Wing

Quote:
He had, apparently, also had his house and vehicle rigged with explosives, a little gift for investigating officers. I'm kind of disappointed that they found out- it would have made this a hell of a lot more interesting.
Wow. It takes a particularly sick person to say this.

But I can't judge you. You take on a persona much like anime characters such as those from Code Geass and Death Note. Pretending to be removed and above everyone else behind colorful phrases and word usage.

But please, in a discussion about a serious and tragic event such as this, take the role playing elsewhere and contribute in a respectful and intelligent manner. Thank you.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:43   Link #50
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It seems like that poster is amused and entertained by this whole thing. And then he acts like people are fools for being mad at the criminal.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:56   Link #51
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
He had, apparently, also had his house and vehicle rigged with explosives, a little gift for investigating officers. I'm kind of disappointed that they found out- it would have made this a hell of a lot more interesting.
Except people can die when they get caught in explosions. This event is already a tragedy as it is. Even if your comment is meant as a joke to lighten up the mood in this thread, it's not a very good one.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 22:08   Link #52
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Sarcasm and cynicism does NOT wit and intelligence make; life is NOT The Family Guy or The Simpsons and should NEVER be; both are written by heartless morons, so don't act like one.

And I hope I'm not alone in this sentiment:
Old 2012-07-20, 22:08   Link #53
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

This guy probably isn't insane. Read this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D182203

Also, as you can see in this article, one of his neighbors almost opened up his door, which would have set off the explosives and released the dangerous chemicals. She and others could have died or been injured.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:06   Link #54
GundamFan0083

Quote:
The real sad thing about these shootings:
Is that people continue to push for the same political remedy expecting a different solution and then getting outraged when it doesn't work.

Quote:
So anyways.

As far as this shooting is concerned -- like many, I have seen the mugshot picture of the guy, who committed this crime. Gun control or not -- give this guy a sword, knife, or baseball bat -- he would probably do it anyways. At least, that is what his facial entailed. He had the look of "accomplishment" in his mugshot.

Spoiler for The Dude's Face:

He knows he's caught. He knows he's in trouble with the law. But... not a F*ck is given -- according to that facial expression.

As pissed off as I can be about this whole situation (and the politics of it all), I am gonna be curious as to the motivation and reasons behind this. Assuming the shooter is going to make statements about it.
I agree with you here, which is why people need to take others seriously when they start making threats.
This guy made his intentions known online weeks in advance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aid-JOKER.html

Quote:
Then there are nut-jobs like that. If anyone wanted to attack Christian beliefs effectively -- attack a church on a nice Sunday morning. And no, don't do this.
Actually that was tried in Colorado and an armed security guard put an end to it very quick.
Security guard who stopped shooter credits God
http://articles.cnn.com/2007-12-10/u...sings?_s=PM:US
Old 2012-07-20, 23:09   Link #55
Kyuu
=^^=

Talk about crappy luck:

Quote:
The first person publicly confirmed to have been killed was Jessica Ghawi, a 24-year-old sports writer who used the pen name Jessica Redfield. She had previously survived the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting in June 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora_shooting

Survived one shooting. Killed last night. Man...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:14   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, he knew what he was doing, I hope he enjoyed himself, because he is finished now. I am, however, curious as to how they discovered his home and vehicle were rigged... Oh well, good show nevertheless.

I'd rather take a far-removed, authorial perspective of the events, thank you though.
You're the kind of guy who can't feel others' misery until you yourself experience it aren't you?

Quote:
Yes, because humans are above such brutality, right?
I don't know about your concept of humanity, but yeah, we, human beings, are supposed to be above such brutality (unless it's for self defense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Indeed. If it were up to me, I'd just rather just dispense with a round of ammunition and be done with it. For me, people who so recklessly exhibit such a blatant disregard for innocent lives have all but forfeit their right to their own.

But it's not up to me, and ultimately he deserves to have his day in court just like everyone else, and have his fate be determined there.
I take it you're a fan of Judge Dredd's concept then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Please send the fucker to Texas so we can fry it nice and extra fucking crispy, NO sponge on its UNSHAVEN head.
They do that?

Quote:
Talk about crappy luck:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora_shooting

Survived one shooting. Killed last night. Man...
That kinda reminds me of Final Destination.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:17   Link #57
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Well, has the Superman curse now spread to Batman? Unfortunately Heath Ledger's death and now this will hang over the Nolan trilogy like a cloud.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:22   Link #58
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
This is just great.

Guy commits "atrocity", and people all rush to deem him mad- first and foremost, that would be their goal. They'd want to separate themselves from him.

But that isn't enough, you need something to blame it off on. Human nature is too good for this- even a madman would have better sense about him, so he must have been influenced by external factors. Naturally, the Batman series, and comic books in general- upon their shoulder's shall the blame of the people fall. Which is, in itself, ironically comical, as I'd wager that the vast majority of the movie goers at the time were quite avid fans of the series- I mean, for Christsake, would YOU go to a midnight special screening for something you didn't like?

But what is best- what is BEST about this is how the people on the internet, behind their shrouds of anonymity, people raise high their pitchforks and torches for the man.

And do you wanna know what they want?

The exact same damn thing that he wanted.

Blood.

Hilarious! Really, just hilarious XD Please, continue. I'm about to go take a nap, as I've had a rather long day. I expect to see more of you people rallying around, thirsty for blood, upon my return. Until then, take care everyone ^^
Okay, seriously, you better stop right there, 'cause your attempt to prove yourself as a "superior man" by questioning how people are acting like this psychopath when demanding the authorities to make him pay for what he did lack of any kind of rational contexts. Especially coming from such a big moron like yourself how claims that having a house and car exploding and killing police officers would had been "amusing".

First of, you just come here bragging and questioning everyone out there but I ask you, what would you do if one of the 12 people killed was your brother? Your sister? Your niece? Your son? Would you stand in front of everyone and tell people that their claim for justice is just a need for blood? And even compare it to this guy's own need for blood? No, I bet you wouldn't.

What are you claiming? That the guy has not a mental illness? That he had a good reason for what he did? You think that all serial killers need to be insane? Read history jackass, ever heard of Ted Bundy? Google it. He was a renowned physiologist, a man everyone tough was good, respectable, who helped people to overcome their traumas, brilliant, with a high iq and all kind of titles you could think of. But guess what? He was a serial killer, rapist and necrophilian who killed over 40 people. And this is just one case, over the history this situation repeats; Ed Gain, Charles Manson, Pedro Alonzo Lopez, trough all the world men who look normal suddenly snap and commit horrendous crimes, unthinkable and for no reason. Hell, here at Mexico, last year a guy entered to the subway and suddenly took out a gun and killed 2 people for no reason.

Why this guy snapped? I don't know, perhaps he had a stressful life and just snapped, perhaps he has a mental illness, perhaps he's just a psychopath, perhaps he's just an idiot who wanted to be famous. I don't care, but one thing is for sure, he killed 12 people, 12 innocent people whose only crime was to be present at a movie theater watching a movie with friends, family, just seeking to have an escape from this stressful life and enjoy a movie. Call it a "need for blood", but this guy has to pay, and he's gonna pay. 12 first grade murders, that's one straight trip to the fatal injection, and for what I've head, 'mental illness' is not going to save him from his faith.

But you want to know one thing? You may think people is seeking to "separate themselves from him", but, the fact that people feels terrified from such act, that none of us is able to conceive such terrible act, not even in our most horrible nightmares means just one thing; that we are sane, that we have humanity and that we're not anywhere close to such people like him.

Keep bragging, keep enjoying the show while trying to act like a superior man, judging people out there who demands justice, I don’t care, you’re nothing, you’re just a fool who’s pretending to be one thing you’re Cleary not, you’re not smart, you’re just a poor fool who doesn’t know a thing, better read son, inform yourself and think twice before posting such stupid things.
Old 2012-07-20, 23:40   Link #59
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
This guy probably isn't insane. Read this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D182203
From what I gather from the article he was really smart, maybe even genius level. No surprise there, still fits the madness profile.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 23:45   Link #60
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
They do that?
They don't do that. In America, we don't do 'cruel and unusual punishment'; that is the term that is used. Texas is the most extreme with executions in the U.S., but they ain't gonna put someone on the electric chair with no sponge. I'm not even sure if they still do the electric chair there. They might, or I think recently they switched to lethal injection only.