AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-11, 14:56   Link #61
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
Cigarette smoking may play a role in 40% of all cancers. Lung cancer is the most common kind of cancer caused by smoking. A smoker is at greater risk of getting cancer of the lips, mouth, throat, or voice box. Smokers also have a higher risk of getting esophagus, stomach, kidney, pancreas, cervix, bladder, and skin cancer.also The nicotine in the tobacco causes an increase in your heart rate and blood pressure.And you tell me Not to consider Cigarettes as a suicide?

*EDIT* wait what did you say? are you trying to change your opinion after you said that you dont consider cigarettes as suicide? do people Smoke without knowhing the damage that Smoking does? I don't think so. Don't try to change your statement
Yeah, but that's not suicide. That's living. Walking (leaping, usually) down the four flights of stairs a few times a day on my way down from my dorm room puts me at risk. That's not suicide. Still do it. Playing real-life Frogger with the cars in QUeen's Park is ALMOST sucide, except I've no intention of dying. Eating ANYTHING my mother cooks IS suicide, so I don't do that. Because if I did, I'd have to be shot.

So yes, smoking puts you at risk. But so does doing everytihng else in life. The risk is just a little higher with smoking.
Old 2004-11-11, 15:04   Link #62
HoboGod
Necromancer

1. 19/Male
2. c

Most people think about how easy it would be to die, or kill themselves. I personally have never seriously thought about ending my life. Even if my best friend (Termina) keeps trying to pressure me into doing it.

3. a

Someone I knew in 6th grade killed himself. Good thing too, because I hated that punk.

4. None of the above.

Worthless people should die. If they are just moping around, thinking about killing themselves, then they arn't really contributing to society. That and they are attention seeking whores. If you honestly want to die, do it already! If you don't have the courage to do it, then have someone else do it for you. I'm sure there are many people that would gladly kill you. You're seeking attention anyways, you'd probally love starring in a snuff film.
Old 2004-11-11, 15:07   Link #63
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
1. 19/Male
2. c

Most people think about how easy it would be to die, or kill themselves. I personally have never seriously thought about ending my life. Even if my best friend (Termina) keeps trying to pressure me into doing it.

3. a

Someone I knew in 6th grade killed himself. Good thing too, because I hated that punk.

4. None of the above.

Worthless people should die. If they are just moping around, thinking about killing themselves, then they arn't really contributing to society. That and they are attention seeking whores. If you honestly want to die, do it already! If you don't have the courage to do it, then have someone else do it for you. I'm sure there are many people that would gladly kill you. You're seeking attention anyways, you'd probally love starring in a snuff film.
Wow! That has to be the NICEST thing I've ever seen you post. I am amazed at your level of understanding. It really must be that simple.
Old 2004-11-11, 15:09   Link #64
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
And if I said Naruto fandom, crappy sigs, and a moronic fetish for Maddox made you a worthless human being?
Old 2004-11-11, 15:11   Link #65
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
While I am no "suicide candidate" I do not support the idea to close this thread since it helps those people who are/were thinking about suicide because they see people who had the same or similar problems but chose not to give up - and they succeeded (or else they wouldn't be posting here, eh? ).
Plus, it's always a good thing to reflect on what you've done to be "wiser" for the future.
¬________¬

gay

suicide is bad!
Old 2004-11-11, 15:12   Link #66
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB
Yeah, but that's not suicide. That's living. Walking (leaping, usually) down the four flights of stairs a few times a day on my way down from my dorm room puts me at risk. That's not suicide. Still do it. Playing real-life Frogger with the cars in QUeen's Park is ALMOST sucide, except I've no intention of dying. Eating ANYTHING my mother cooks IS suicide, so I don't do that. Because if I did, I'd have to be shot.

So yes, smoking puts you at risk. But so does doing everytihng else in life. The risk is just a little higher with smoking.

oh then Eating Mcdonalds is not suicide, Driving a car is not suicede. EVERYONE does it in their everyday lifes, people drive a car to get from y place to x place wich is too far to walk, so they use a car "Common Sence", People that are always busy with bussines life eat in Fast Food Restaurant because they don't have the time to cook a meal."Fact", and wth? YOU said you don't consider Smoking a suicide why the hell are you changing your statement? Just stop it already you don't know what you are talking about.
Old 2004-11-11, 15:23   Link #67
AndrewLB
Banned

Quote:
oh then Eating Mcdonalds is not suicide, Driving a car is not suicede. EVERYONE does it in their everyday lifes, people drive a car to get from y place to x place wich is too far to walk, so they use a car "Common Sence", People that are always busy with bussines life eat in Fast Food Restaurant because they don't have the time to cook a meal."Fact", and wth? YOU said you don't consider Smoking a suicide why the hell are you changing your statement? Just stop it already you don't know what you are talking about.
What I was SAYING is that if some idiot is going to say smoking is suicide, then they should consider all these other things suicide too.
Old 2004-11-11, 15:42   Link #68
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

1. Age/Gender:
15/Male

2. Have you ever considered about attempting a suicide?
c) I have thought about it, but it wasn't very serious (as in, thought about why would I and how I would go about it. Like how it would feel to slit a wrist as seen in a bunch of movies and stuff. I would never attempt it though, im just wierd thinking about how it would feel ;p)

3. Do you think suicide is acceptable?
a) Yes, everyone decides of their own life. (stories involving deep depression and ending in a suicide are great, Im twisted this way. Like sad stories.)

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide?
Sorta. She told us she was thinking about it like 9 times, and once she even said she had a knife to herself. But yeah, shes a huge attention whore so no one believed her...and guess what.......she didn't ;p
Old 2004-11-11, 15:48   Link #69
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

Quote:
What I was SAYING is that if some idiot is going to say smoking is suicide, then they should consider all these other things suicide too.

You know you are just too stupid. I won't even bother to go on.
Old 2004-11-11, 15:53   Link #70
AndrewLB
Banned

Quote:
You know you are just too stupid. I won't even bother to go on.
Do you push doors that say pull? Hell man, try READING the posts next time.
Old 2004-11-11, 16:48   Link #71
Kal-Rhael

Send a message via MSN to Kal-Rhael
Yea when i was 15, my dog died i took the knife went into the bathroom, didn't have the guts to push it through though, it's funny, when my grampa died i didn't feel the sligtest bit of remorse. It's understandable though, i didn't know him very well.

Anyways im 17 now, alot better

Sorry for not answering the questions directly, im in abit of a hurry.
Old 2004-11-11, 16:50   Link #72
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I just have to say this.

hamiko_san You really do need to read before you post.

Back on topic.

I really don't like the thought of suicide, just the thought of actually knowing that one day I am going to die is bad enough.

Death scares the hell out a me, so why the hell would I want to make it happen any sooner?

I mean think about it. YOU are going to die and there's nothing you can do about it! LOL!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-11-11, 16:53   Link #73
???
Unknown

Quote:
Smoke IS suicide damnit ! http://www.cdc-cdh.edu/hospital/cardio/chua165.html

Last edited by ???; 2004-11-11 at 17:08.
Old 2004-11-11, 17:05   Link #74
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
I just have to say this.

Back on topic.

I really don't like the thought of suicide, just the thought of actually knowing that one day I am going to die is bad enough.

Death scares the hell out a me, so why the hell would I want to make it happen any sooner?

I mean think about it. YOU are going to die and there's nothing you can do about it! LOL!

well look here we have another one who think there is nothing wrong with Smoking how wonderfull. What's Next Cancer is Just Temporary?
Old 2004-11-11, 17:09   Link #75
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
well look here we have another one who think there is nothing wrong with Smoking how wonderfull. What's Next Cancer is Just Temporary?
*Sighs*

Why did I even get involved?

Ok. You're right about everything, and I'm sure everyone else can see just how right you are.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-11-11, 17:21   Link #76
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
I just have to say this.

Back on topic.

nah, as you get older you get less and less scared of dying ... liek when you watch a film over and over you know whats gonna happen, the longer you live the more and more people die, you just get used to it and just take it as a natural cause .. you wont b scared i promise
Old 2004-11-11, 17:36   Link #77
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Whoa! Time out people! This thread is not about whether smoking is suicide. I'll ask that you give it a rest Smoking may be bad for your health, but no one smokes for the purpose of killing themselves.

I'm closing this thread for a time-out. I think it is needed for this as well as other reasons. Since I hate to close a thread which is seeing a serious discussion, I'll reopen it tomorrow. Till then let the blood cool. At least we all agree is that suicide isn't a good thing. It seriously gets in the way of living.

A better question would be if it is ever waranted. Are there times when living is so hard that it isn't worth the trouble? Does it ever actually solve a problem? Does it selfishly pass your problems onto others? Does suicide sometimes make life easier for those you care about, or only leave them with more pain?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-16, 18:32   Link #78
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Re-opened. It's been a few days and hopefully people have come up with interesting replies and new points to make. Lets keep the good things about this thread without getting bogged down on trivialities, like if cigarettes are suicide or just bad judgement.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-11-16, 19:20   Link #79
MikoKikyo

1. 17/f

2. c) I have thought about it, but wasn't very serious

3. b) No. Never.

4. Not anyone I knew well... But many years ago in my school, a senior who was a prospective Dartmouth student, supposedly popular football player, drank fuel and set himself on fire. I know it sounds like a rumor, but it's not. It was a big thing back then, though I wasn't here at the time. And the question still remains as to why someone who had such a prospective bright future would do that.

Quote:
Worthless people should die.
But who gets to decide what makes people worthless? And if someone is worthless, shouldn't they work towards making themselves worthy of being alive instead of ending it in the first place?
Old 2004-11-16, 19:24   Link #80
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK
And the question still remains as to why someone who had such a prospective bright future would do that.
Happiness doesn't necessarily stem from success in the eyes of others.

Heh, sadly I pretty much threw away my "bright" future...all I have left right now is my life. Do I regret it? Every now and then, but hey, it could've been worse.
Closed Thread