AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-07-05, 07:16   Link #61
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
The name is actually at end of the Teresa side story. It call Jump Square or JUMP SQ. It schedule to launch on 11/02/07. Official Jump SQ site you can see Claymore name there.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 04:42   Link #62
Shinen
深淵の者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Well, to explain my reasoning for the elf-ear thing...

There is also one other Claymore that I know of with elf-ears...
Spoiler for One other character with elf ears...:
Galatea has "elf-ears" as well, not as big, but definitely "leaf-shaped", f.ex. in the Szene with Daf and Clare there are a few pics were one can see her ears really well (on small panels they seem normal, but on bigger ones they look different). Helen has really pointed ears as well (during their first meeting at least, the second time they seem normal x.x ) .... and Deneve's aren't as round as Clare's either

And there are many others. It might indeed show how strong they are, or even, how close they are to Yomas
Spoiler:
But for the moment, it seems kinda random to me, (especially since the ears change from panel to panel ...)
Shinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 10:07   Link #63
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

What is Teresa's symbol? Is it the same as Clare's?

I looked on the net for the symbols, but couldnt find them. They're not even in the extensive wiki claymore article (full of spoilers so beware).

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 15:04   Link #64
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
What is Teresa's symbol? Is it the same as Clare's?

I looked on the net for the symbols, but couldnt find them. They're not even in the extensive wiki claymore article (full of spoilers so beware).
I guess it has some aspect close to Clare but not really.
Teresa You can see the symbol here. I know there is another site that list by symbol but at moment I can recall it.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:04   Link #65
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
The name is actually at end of the Teresa side story. It call Jump Square or JUMP SQ. It schedule to launch on 11/02/07. Official Jump SQ site you can see Claymore name there.
Thanks buddy.

BTW, How is it possible that the watchers can safely go around "watching" without bumping into another Yoma, say accidentally? I mean, what/who;s going to protect him against yomas and rebellious Claymores?
hollywoodlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 04:37   Link #66
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
BTW, How is it possible that the watchers can safely go around "watching" without bumping into another Yoma, say accidentally? I mean, what/who;s going to protect him against yomas and rebellious Claymores?
I doubt the watchers are human. They can most likely take care of themselves.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 14:28   Link #67
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
I doubt the watchers are human. They can most likely take care of themselves.
I was just wondering because in ep 6, Teresa's watcher was standing on top of the chimney "watching" Teresa slaughter those bandits...

If they are not human and I could be streching it...could it be they are also "disciplined" male Claymores?
Old 2007-07-08, 12:51   Link #68
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I was just wondering because in ep 6, Teresa's watcher was standing on top of the chimney "watching" Teresa slaughter those bandits...

If they are not human and I could be streching it...could it be they are also "disciplined" male Claymores?
Lots of things are possible. If you would like to discuss the possibility, then please discuss it in another thread.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 00:42   Link #69
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Is Flash Sword Irene' really dead?

The 1st time FS Irene "died' was when we save her get "slashed" when Priscilla awakened...and we ALL thought she was dead.

Now in the latest anime ep, we didn't see Raphaela cut her down. Same thing occurs in the manga which shifts immediately to Clare sensing something has happened. Just askin...
Old 2007-07-09, 02:14   Link #70
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Is Flash Sword Irene' really dead?

The 1st time FS Irene "died' was when we save her get "slashed" when Priscilla awakened...and we ALL thought she was dead.

Now in the latest anime ep, we didn't see Raphaela cut her down. Same thing occurs in the manga which shifts immediately to Clare sensing something has happened. Just askin...
Spoiler for Manga spoilers from Japanese chapters.:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 08:44   Link #71
Crueked
Nub at Crafting

Send a message via AIM to Crueked
Is there even a remote chance that the manga will be bumped to once a week instead of once a month? I was thinking that with all the popularity the anime is bringing there might be a chance. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: AHH, my bad, I just realized this was already answered. I wish there was a delete option. Sorry. =/

Last edited by Crueked; 2007-07-10 at 09:15.
Crueked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 16:58   Link #72
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crueked View Post
Is there even a remote chance that the manga will be bumped to once a week instead of once a month? I was thinking that with all the popularity the anime is bringing there might be a chance. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: AHH, my bad, I just realized this was already answered. I wish there was a delete option. Sorry. =/
It would be a miracle if the manga serializations come to every 20 days from one chapter to the next one.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:01   Link #73
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

The two things that bugged about Claymore:

1. Claymores can't defend themselves? They'd just let any old douche rape them? Killing and self-defense are two diff things... you can whip someone's ass without killing them.

2. If Yoma's so powerful that Claymores are required to defeat them, how do cities (like the Holy City) which prohibit Claymores defend themselves in the first place? Why didn't the Yoma just gang up and overrun the human cities/towns? They ALL need Claymores to defend themselves but the dumb human treat them like plague.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:37   Link #74
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
The two things that bugged about Claymore:

1. Claymores can't defend themselves? They'd just let any old douche rape them? Killing and self-defense are two diff things... you can whip someone's ass without killing them.

2. If Yoma's so powerful that Claymores are required to defeat them, how do cities (like the Holy City) which prohibit Claymores defend themselves in the first place? Why didn't the Yoma just gang up and overrun the human cities/towns? They ALL need Claymores to defend themselves but the dumb human treat them like plague.
1.They cannot touch a human cause the org has to maintain its image to the human populace they start killing humans they lose business and fewer people will even want them around.

2.Guess its cause of there religion and it could be that they have warriors that could match claymores or perhaps sorcerers to take care of yoma. also most yoma do not group up

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-11 at 16:04. Reason: spoiler deleted
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:34   Link #75
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
1.They cannot touch a human cause the org has to maintain its image to the human populace they start killing humans they lose business and fewer people will even want them around.
I understand the non-killing part, but why can't they even defend themselves against, like, rapists? Why not at least run away? I'd imagine if that's the case there will be a line of degenerates ready to use claymores as sex slaves.

The whole mythology would make more sense if Claymores are allowed to beat up on human but not to a point of killing them, and for self-defense only. Buddhist monks usually adopt this kind of total pacifist stands, but some sects like the Shaolin allow self-defense as long as killing's not involved. Meaning if you want to rob their temple they get to royally kick your behind, but they would never kill you as that's against their Samaya or vows.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:37   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's probably just Teresa being funny that way.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:39   Link #77
dxanato

Rape does not mentally have an effect on them in theory. If they were to be attack they will defend themselves from harm if their life is in danger. Rape not consider a danger to their lives.
Old 2007-07-11, 16:42   Link #78
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I understand the non-killing part, but why can't they even defend themselves against, like, rapists? Why not at least run away? I'd imagine if that's the case there will be a line of degenerates ready to use claymores as sex slaves.

The whole mythology would make more sense if Claymores are allowed to beat up on human but not to a point of killing them, and for self-defense only. Buddhist monks usually adopt this kind of total pacifist stands, but some sects like the Shaolin allow self-defense as long as killing's not involved. Meaning if you want to rob their temple they get to royally kick your behind, but they would never kill you as that's against their Samaya or vows.
Spoiler:
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 00:31   Link #79
neoko

I have a question concerning the Manga to Anime translation.
Spoiler:
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 00:59   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for Answer to above:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a