Notices

Old 2011-08-24, 07:27   Link #2321
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Try elementary schooler. That's only because elementary school is longer in Japan though.
Holy moley, that's even worse.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 13:48   Link #2322
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I feel your pain Kurosu. I'm not a fan of it either, but if that is what sells, we have no choice but to look the other way.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 23:57   Link #2323
BrightSide

I wish this manga had MORE elementary schoolers joining Rito's harem.

How about Mikan's school friends, :3
BrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 00:12   Link #2324
MAX_COLA_POWER!

How about, no, Bright? YOU'LL GET MEA, MIKAN, MOMO, AND NANA ONLY AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT!, sorry for my rudeness^^;;.
Old 2011-08-27, 00:16   Link #2325
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
How about, no, Bright? YOU'LL GET MEA, MIKAN, MOMO, AND NANA ONLY AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT!, sorry for my rudeness^^;;.
You forgot Peke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightSide View Post

You're just as shameless as the rest of the fans of this ethically depraved manga.

On an unrelated note, next chapter should be out one week from now eh? The time sure flies by fast, so any predictions on what character is going to get the shameless spotlight?
Old 2011-08-27, 00:25   Link #2326
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe about Saki and her underlings (btw, Rin is sexy) or keep going on with Mea's involvement with her mission.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 00:52   Link #2327
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for this is how a harem should be:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 01:14   Link #2328
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
You forgot Peke.

You're just as shameless as the rest of the fans of this ethically depraved manga.

On an unrelated note, next chapter should be out one week from now eh? The time sure flies by fast, so any predictions on what character is going to get the shameless spotlight?
Who invited Male Yui here? Seriously though Kurosu, if you keep that attitude up, pretty soon YOU TOO can have many fans of the opposite sex, masochists even, that will love you for being a Tsundere.
Old 2011-08-27, 09:20   Link #2329
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Who invited Male Yui here? Seriously though Kurosu, if you keep that attitude up, pretty soon YOU TOO can have many fans of the opposite sex, masochists even, that will love you for being a Tsundere.
I live by the irony of my statements. If I get fangirls, then so be it.

Anyway, I think we'll get something related to Saki. She's been one of the few with some kind of emotional connection (sorta?) who hasn't been touched upon.
Old 2011-08-27, 11:30   Link #2330
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Nah, Mikan's the only elementary schooler we need. Hell, she's the only girl I need, period.

Regarding this month's chapter, I'm hoping for it to be plot-oriented. Nothing happened on the "Darkness" front since chapter 7.
Old 2011-08-28, 15:30   Link #2331
ForteAnly

I agree with Kanon as well. Mikan is the only the one I approve of and I want no more than that. I also want some more plot in the chapter but of course I still want some juicy pages of ero that we normally expect.
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 16:28   Link #2332
BrightSide

"Nah, Mikan's the only elementary schooler we need."

"Mikan is the only the one I approve of and I want no more than that."

Uh...you already have more than that. Momo/Nana/Mea.
Old 2011-08-28, 16:45   Link #2333
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
"Nah, Mikan's the only elementary schooler we need."

"Mikan is the only the one I approve of and I want no more than that."

Uh...you already have more than that. Momo/Nana/Mea.
They aren't elementary schoolers, they are middle or highschoolers.

What we need is the older girls, Saki & co. and Mikado!
Old 2011-08-28, 16:46   Link #2334
Ashaman

Those three are high schoolers.

Well, they've lied and said their ages were 15, but I think they are at least middle school girls.
Old 2011-08-28, 17:07   Link #2335
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
They aren't elementary schoolers, they are middle or highschoolers.

What we need is the older girls, Saki & co. and Mikado!
Damn right. I'm still prayin for Rin to join the harem eventually.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 17:13   Link #2336
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think Rito has his hands full with what harem candidates he already has. Let me correct that. I think Momo has her hands full with what harem candidates Rito already has. You still have to get them on board with the idea and Rito as well. That in itself is enough to keep the laugh track going without any other added females...

However, I'm with Forte. I want to see some Darkness plot now. The Rito tripping into a face full of muff can wait, or just toss it in a panel or two as well...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 17:24   Link #2337
BrightSide

"They aren't elementary schoolers, they are middle or highschoolers."

"Those three are high schoolers."

Wrong.

I think this shows the gap in thinking between American nerds and Japanese otaku. Among Japanese, it is widely known that Momo, Nana, and Mea are peers of Mikan in age - all of primary school age, or 11-12.
Old 2011-08-28, 17:29   Link #2338
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I think Rito has his hands full with what harem candidates he already has. Let me correct that. I think Momo has her hands full with what harem candidates Rito already has. You still have to get them on board with the idea and Rito as well. That in itself is enough to keep the laugh track going without any other added females...

However, I'm with Forte. I want to see some Darkness plot now. The Rito tripping into a face full of muff can wait, or just toss it in a panel or two as well...
I think there's room for the most badass of the human girls
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 17:34   Link #2339
soursweet

Lol, I feel like I've stepped into a 4kids censorship room or something. Who knew I'd run into this kind of thinking here.

I'm a lurker, but this has to be said. If the idea of eroticized primary schoolgirls offends your western morals, then Japanese manga probably isn't the genre for you. Just look at May from Pokemon. She's 10, yet probably has boobs bigger than most college girls.

And yes, to anyone who actually understands the genre, Momo/Nana/Mea/Mikan are all clearly in primary school (which before you ask, is attended until you're 12 years old in Japan).
soursweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 18:44   Link #2340
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
"They aren't elementary schoolers, they are middle or highschoolers."

"Those three are high schoolers."

Wrong.

I think this shows the gap in thinking between American nerds and Japanese otaku. Among Japanese, it is widely known that Momo, Nana, and Mea are peers of Mikan in age - all of primary school age, or 11-12.
Hasemi said in their profile that Momo and Nana are slightly older than Mikan. Since Mikan is the last year of elementary school, then they have to be middle schoolers. They should be around 13-14 years old.

Before the next chapter comes out, I'm going to post some interesting tidbits from the Hasemi x Yabuki talk from volume 18 (I shouldn't be one to say this but... man, those guys are perverted ), which I received yesterday:
  • Hasemi only intended to included a few sexy elements at first, but Yabuki outright said he wanted to draw the heroine naked
    They developed that aspect even more later on because the readers wanted an ecchi story according to a poll in Jump. Their editor (who's hosting that interview) said there was a lot of demand.
  • It was Yabuki's idea to tell some of the stories from the girls' point of view in the second part of the manga. The series was losing its steam and he thought it would be a refreshing change (he was right).
  • Yabuki started struggling with the sexy scenes at some point, mostly due to Jump's censorship I assume (since he's obviously not having any trouble coming up with awesome scenes in Darkness). The editor said they had to fight against the redaction every single week. He also adds the censorship in the magazine was horrible.
  • Both Yabuki and Hasemi thought 19 pages were way too short to tell their stories properly - might be one of the reasons they decided to go with SQ.
  • One of Hasemi's favorite chapter is the Valentin's day chapter from volume 16, with Yui as the star. He said he loved writing the chapter were Yui goes commando as well. Yabuki's favorites are the ones focused on Mikan and Yui, the chapters were they fell sick in particular. No wonder those two are getting so much screentime in the sequel
    The editor liked the one with the X-ray goggles.
  • Hasemi said Mikan's the perfect housewife, and that in some way she is Rito's wife. Hehehe. Yabuki and the editor commented about her strong erotic potential.
  • Hasemi loves twins, and had intended for Yami to have one. One of them would have been black, the other white. Yabuki says it's a good idea and they could use it someday... which is exactly what they've done in Darkness, it seems to me.
  • Hasemi wanted to give Nana and Momo the ability to fuse and turn into a bombshell. Thank god that was dropped and they decided to give them telepathic powers instead.
  • Mio would have most likely gotten her own chapter as well if the series had lasted longer.
  • When they reached the third year of publication, they pondered whether to make Rito and the others move up a grade. The problem is that Saki would have graduated from the school. They did think of a few ideas to keep her around though. Apparently, the true reason they didn't do it is that Yabuki did not want Mikan to become a middle schooler (you know who to blame now, Kurosu ). He kept repeating he'd never allow that to happen. He was afraid she would mature too quickly if she started wearing a uniform. However, if the series had lasted longer, he might have changed his mind, so there's a chance we'll see that happening in Darkness.
  • As we had already guessed from the sketch, they had planned for Celine to turn in a beautiful young girl, however, that would only happen during the full moon. Kind of an odd idea, but a good one. Removing little Celine forever would have been a mistake.
  • All of them agree Yui is the character that evolved the most over the course of the series. Yabuki highlights that she's the only girl that remembered the times Rito groped her/saw her naked whereas the others forgot everything from chapter to another; and she started like Rito a little more everytime she appeared.
  • Hasemi loved Moemitsu and continued to make him appear all the time, but Yabuki deleted his appearance every time.
  • Yabuki had another heroine all thought out that he never got the opportunity to use. Was it Mea? He didn't say anything about her so it's impossible.
  • They left the ending open because they didn't want the story to end and hoped they'd be able to make a sequel someday.
  • And finally, the biggest info for last: Lala's mother is alive. She was supposed to appear in the very last chapter, but they decided against it since she would have stolen the spotlight. That means we'll probably see her in Darkness! Hopefully, they won't wait until the very end to introduce her this time.

Damn, that ended up being longer than I thought. Off to sleep...

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen