AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 23:45   Link #881
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

well i just reserved the collectors today. I have a friend that works up their and he wasn't supposed to take any more pre-orders. Lucky me
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:08   Link #882
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Here's an Inscription Guide
Old 2008-10-06, 06:09   Link #883
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Season 4 ends on October 14, and it's highly likely the Patch goes live on the same day.
Having finally finished my hardcore BG'ing and with that all requirements for the mount achievement, i say bring it on!

Now i can finally play Oblivion i bought a few days ago. >_>
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 10:14   Link #884
Xacual

I'm not really sure it will happen the same week as Season 4 ending. I think it could use another week but thats just coming from my beta experience that they need a lot more balancing.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:48   Link #885
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

3.0 patch they could push out on Tuesday, maybe the Tuesday after, but I'd be hardly surprised if it was next week. Its close enough to being balanced almost barring a few outliers, all they need to work is the class talents, achievements and inscriptions. Testing for the expansion will go on and on though, since there is a good bit of work to do until the actual expansion release id say.
Old 2008-10-06, 20:16   Link #886
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd personally hope for tomorrow, but next week works as well.

Though a thought would be Halloween (though two weeks seems like a small amount of time to get use to the new ways before release). Just because of the Undead theme of the expansion.
Old 2008-10-06, 23:37   Link #887
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
No way 3.0 will be out tomorrow, as S4 is ending on the 14th, it will most likely be next week, though that would be kinda weird as it's right after Blizzcon...
Old 2008-10-07, 03:30   Link #888
Mr Hat and Clogs

I meant 3.0 will be next Tuesday. I was fresh out of bed when I typed that. So yeah it is fairly horribly worded, I think I left of 'the 14th' after the first Tuesday.
Old 2008-10-08, 06:20   Link #889
Cassu
afk

I'm really looking forward to having a Death Knight. The new areas will also be interesting.
Cassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 06:46   Link #890
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassu View Post
I'm really looking forward to having a Death Knight.
You and hundreds of thousands other people. I'm creating one and finish the starting zone, because it's awesome. Then i'll stop playing and level my other chars.

Quote:
The new areas will also be interesting.
I beg to differ.
While not in the in beta, through videos and screens you can still see a lot of content. And what i saw was mostly boring.. snow everywhere with randomly placed melted spots (that makes it even more ridiculous, see the Dragonblight map).

It's best not to pay attention to the following rant, as it's pointless and purely based on personal preference.

Crystalsong Forest is the only zone that looks somewhat beautiful (if only the trees were bigger).
Howling Fjord seems nice too.

I hate Grizzly Hills.. the colors look like Autumn.. Autumn is depressing.

For the Borean Thundra, look at the following picture.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...Ss27-hires.jpg

Of course, it's Northrend.. what did i expect? Oh well, all in all still better than what BC threw at us.
Now GOGO, Great Sea Addon, with lots of beaches and tropical environments (and watermounts, so you can explore the sea like in Wind Waker, now that's awesomeness).
Old 2008-10-08, 08:34   Link #891
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Really? I thought Dragonblight and Sholazar Basin were supposed to be the stunning zones in terms of visuals.

The new patch on beta has put Blood back at top for Death Knight dps and really tweaked up some of the moves. Heart Strike is now as potent as Scourge Strike, Scent of Blood got buffed. Unholy is still decent. But Blizzard admits Frost needs more work.

Question - someone playing on beta at Level 80 said that recent tests found boomkin Druids to be going at #2 in overall dps for Level 80 dps classes, only just behind Warlocks. Is there any truth to this?!
Old 2008-10-08, 10:10   Link #892
Xacual

Most of the zones other then borean tundra are amazing. Borean is really a mix and match of lots of varied terrain. I like the zone for abundant quests but other then that...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-10-08, 18:20   Link #893
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Question - someone playing on beta at Level 80 said that recent tests found boomkin Druids to be going at #2 in overall dps for Level 80 dps classes, only just behind Warlocks. Is there any truth to this?!
Depends which spec of warlock, Affliction is way way way ahead of anyone atm. But Destro I think Boomies were pretty close behind. Boomies were about middle of the pack for damage with casters last I saw. By middle I mean, mages, locks and boomies are all right on top of each other for damage, with a negligible difference. with only a couple outliers, like Assfliction being way way ahead, and Shadow Priests being way way behind.

Dragonblight is interesting, when you are there. There are long tracks of snow yeah, but there are the Dragon Shrines which break up the monotony and other little things which make the zone look really nice. Grizzly Hills reminds me of the Canadian Rockies or something alpine and mountainous. Borean Tundra looks really good, for a tundra. That is to say, its flat... and kinda dull... with odd little bits of life floating around. Best Zone for me though in terms of 'OMG awesome' factor would be Storm Peaks though, its just omgbbq huge. It will be a huge pain in the ass for people without epic mounts though.
Old 2008-10-08, 20:04   Link #894
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hmmm, interesting.

I like the idea of Dragonblight. The final resting place of Dragons, who use their dead bodes to turn the zone into a more beautiful place. It's quite symbolic/poetic. THe shots I saw of it were quite intriuing. And the idea of Sholazar Basin - a volcanic-like region creating a tropical oasis in the middle of arctic conditions - that just sounds rather fascinating.

Wait a second - why is Affliction top?! Man, if that sticks, they'll be even more potent in PvP. I thought Destro is supposed to be their PvE spec. Surely there's a nerf/fix coming there.
Old 2008-10-08, 22:05   Link #895
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Warlocks have been trying to get out of the /0/21/40 raiding spec for a while now. Several wanted an Affiction raiding spec. However this might just be because gear doesn't make Destruction viable yet in 80 end game content (sort of like how Destruction doesn't really work out as best until T6 content.)

I was hoping for an Affliction/Destruction build myself since I picked 21/0/40 (actually 21/5/35 right now to increase my Stamina) build...but then I don't really raid. I'm squisher than a rabbit, but if I can get ten seconds to cast, anything is dead. I just wish my voidwalker could actually hold stuff like hunter's pets can. But then 3,000 hit crits will pull just about anything. (as I said I don't raid)
Old 2008-10-08, 23:54   Link #896
Xacual

I'm switching from my ele shaman to my moonkin. So far I transfered over both my t6 geared shaman and my some badge epics, LW set, kara gear moonkin and my druid does basically the same dps. It's quite depressing for my shaman's sake!

Also I'm debating for my DK alt whether frost or unholy would be more fun. I've been trying them both out and its pretty close for me when I factor in the changes coming soon to make unholy a little weaker and frost stronger.

Old 2008-10-11, 10:21   Link #897
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

So, did Blizzard really turn Anub'Arak into a pitiful lv 74 five-man boss? As I had previously mentioned he's my favorite character and it really sucks to see him get such a raw deal. At least Kargath Bladefist, the other majorly-screwed "hero", was a max-level five-man. Why is Anub'Arak, supposedly the king of his species, so weak, and Anub'Rekhan, the no-name random crypt lord in Naxx, significantly stronger? Was he weakened because of trying to resist the Lich King's influence (based on his battle quotes)?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 12:10   Link #898
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Tragic indeed. While i did not care about Bladefist since he did not appear in WC3, Anub'arak was one of my favourite characters. :/
Old 2008-10-11, 18:21   Link #899
Mr Hat and Clogs

There is a good chance that Anub'arak could pull a Kael'Thas, except in reverse, going from 5 man to Icecrown Glacier. But will have to see, it is kinda disappointing he was reduced to a 5 man boss. But the encounter for him is fairly fun I think. Haven't had a chance to go to A'N yet though so can't confirm.

Patch on Tuesday, DOOM! DOOM I SAY!

/farewell Naxxramas.

Can ride mounts in water too, in the first patch after WOTLK.
Old 2008-10-11, 18:41   Link #900
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah that's possible, I guess the quest item "Broken Husk of Anub'arak" doesn't necessarily indicate him being dead either (though with Baron Rivendare now being in Naxx I guess even taking someone's HEAD as the quest item doesn't make them permanently dead). Even so though, I still wonder how he randomly got so weak to even be put in a 5 man to start with. He helped a severely weakened Arthas defeat Illidan and his allies as well as the forgotten one (Yogg-Saron?), and now any of them could wipe the floor with him? Makes no sense to me.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows