Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-28, 16:26   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach Episode 217 Discussion Thread

Hi-ho. Watching the episode as I write. Will post screen. What a nice weather outside. It's to blame for the delay of this week's episode thread creation. Gomen.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2009-04-28, 16:42   Link #2
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

man they need to pick up the pace (and yes i know if they DID we'd catch up to the manga blah blah)...i don't care, i'd rather it catch up and make us wait, or even releasing one episode every two weeks is better than having to sit through some of this crap (lame jokes), oh well. I hate how i already have to skip half the show to watch the episode, and i still fast forward the rest...
Old 2009-04-28, 16:48   Link #3
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Sigh...somebody walked into my room whilst the Matsumoto fashion show/Shopping sequence was underway and he asked, "Kakashi, I thought you said you were watching Bleach", to which I looked at him with a really sad face going, "This is Bleach, Dattebayo". Apparently for Matsumoto shopping increases her fighting skills.

Pretty much skipped most of the episode, skipped these manga chapters as well. Ballerinafraccion looks like a member of the Ginyu force.
Old 2009-04-28, 17:49   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

What!!!? This was the best episode, though it was kind of sad. I'm thinking about you ladies.

Spoiler for episode specific! Warning: for the ladies only:

Yumichika's ability is an interesting one. Looks like Kenpachi's group is a full of mystery. Everyone with their latent abilities tend to pull out the odd in their favor at the last second. Sucking reiatsu dry is so Yumichika. So, was Yumichika going to sacrifice himself if Charlotte didn't have the ability to provide a cover that mask unusual increase in reiatsu completely? He was outmatched in every way until then.

I enjoyed the episode. It was funny. The only downturn is that some of the terrible music that were composed in those anime-original episodes were snuck in here. But then there were a few good ones too. The animation wasn't bad either at times. The episode had better pace than last week.

That said, the only fight among the lower class I'm interested at is Ikkaku's. His opponent doesn't talk much which automatically puts him into the cooler/bad-er villain category.

Episode preview indicates that it will be Kira's debut next week.
Old 2009-04-28, 17:49   Link #5
Vicious108

This episode won't be pretty, I can tell you that much.
Old 2009-04-28, 17:51   Link #6
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Awesome episode. I like Yumichika since the days he played hide-and-seek with Ganju. Maybe I'm easy to amuse dunno, all I know is I wouldn't dare to skip one second of this hilarious fight. The pace is fine too, much better than the slow setup, 217 covers 2 manga chapters which is quite good and even better when you think about the small gap between anime/manga.
Old 2009-04-28, 18:34   Link #7
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Awesome episode. I like Yumichika since the days he played hide-and-seek with Ganju. Maybe I'm easy to amuse dunno, all I know is I wouldn't dare to skip one second of this hilarious fight. The pace is fine too, much better than the slow setup, 217 covers 2 manga chapters which is quite good and even better when you think about the small gap between anime/manga.
i just can't stand all the staring down, they give a frame to each and every person there...and then do it again after they talk some more

idk this is getting on my nerves, just like how crummy naruto animation stuff forced me to go to the manga, despite how much i treid not to
Old 2009-04-28, 18:35   Link #8
holyalexander
holy alexander

i like the episode imo..
Old 2009-04-28, 18:57   Link #9
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
i just can't stand all the staring down, they give a frame to each and every person there...and then do it again after they talk some more

idk this is getting on my nerves, just like how crummy naruto animation stuff forced me to go to the manga, despite how much i treid not to
hm, I also quit Naruto for the same reason but Bleach is nowhere near that level.. when I think about the episode with Naruto, Sakura and Sai sitting in Yamato's wooden hut, staring at each other for minutes no way, Bleach was never that bad even though it's constantly closer to the manga
Old 2009-04-28, 19:10   Link #10
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

OMG!!!! My eyes! My eyes! It Burns!!

That horror has been etched into the very core of my soul.
I can't believe Yumichika "De-flowered" the drag queen Charlotte.
Old 2009-04-28, 19:15   Link #11
Ichiban Hayai

In episode 56 Shuhei said he never though of a soul slayer that sucks reatsu.

It sure took us 160 episodes to see how that happens
Old 2009-04-28, 19:26   Link #12
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
This episode won't be pretty, I can tell you that much.
Of course it will be pretty! It will be VERY pretty! It will be TOO pretty. Like... Levels of pretty OVER NINE THOUSAND pretty.

...yeah, it'll be pretty.
Old 2009-04-28, 20:19   Link #13
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

much better that the last i thought
ever since the SS arc i had always wondered what Yumichikas ability was because they did not show his second fight and he made some interesting comments about it afterward.
i did like the last frame, it was very artistic/beautiful.
Old 2009-04-28, 20:42   Link #14
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

1 down. 3 to go. Then maybe it'll get back to Ichigo.
Old 2009-04-28, 20:53   Link #15
Zippicus

I'm going to have to wash my eyeballs out with soap now
Old 2009-04-28, 21:25   Link #16
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
We all know what happen its in manga what happen
Old 2009-04-28, 21:31   Link #17
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Yumichika's ability is an interesting one. Looks like Kenpachi's group is a full of mystery. Everyone with their latent abilities tend to pull out the odd in their favor at the last second. Sucking reiatsu dry is so Yumichika. So, was Yumichika going to sacrifice himself if Charlotte didn't have the ability to provide a cover that mask unusual increase in reiatsu completely? He was outmatched in every way until then.
I'd expect that Yumichika would have died before revealing the true ability of his sword. After all a sword that drains away an opponents reiatsu doesn't really fit with the spirit of the 11th division. That division does have its share of secrets. From Ikkaku's bankai to the true ability of Yumichika's sword. Guess that staying and dying in that division is worth more than letting the secret out. Of course since an opportunity presented itself to win without being found out Yumichika had to take it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I know what you mean . Yumichika might have found that released form comical, but I was just creeped out by the whole thing. Getting beaten is one thing, but losing to that weirdo would be one of the worst ways to go.
Old 2009-04-28, 21:32   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What!!!? This was the best episode, though it was kind of sad. I'm thinking about you ladies.

Spoiler for episode specific! Warning: for the ladies only:

I enjoyed the episode. It was funny. The only downturn is that some of the terrible music that were composed in those anime-original episodes were snuck in here. But then there were a few good ones too. The animation wasn't bad either at times. The episode had better pace than last week.

That said, the only fight among the lower class I'm interested at is Ikkaku's. His opponent doesn't talk much which automatically puts him into the cooler/bad-er villain category.

Episode preview indicates that it will be Kira's debut next week.
That package is sure to drive the ladies wild
Old 2009-04-28, 22:22   Link #19
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That package is sure to drive the ladies wild
And being in bondage with that package seals the deal.
Old 2009-04-28, 22:25   Link #20
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Seconded .