AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-04-11, 20:39   Link #161
Breogan
Umeboshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
I haven't read the manga, but I'm quite curious about this: Do you think there's any chance that we'll see Midori restored to her own body at some point during the anime? Would you want that to happen if it meant altering the storyline (assuming that such a thing hasn't yet taken place in the MnH manga)?
Spoiler for snoopy:
Spoiler for 2nd volume of the manga:
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 01:27   Link #162
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan
Spoiler for 2nd volume of the manga:
Spoiler:
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 03:44   Link #163
Mr.Minou

hm I just re-watched both Seichi and A-E release and...I have to admit that both are excellent, so...just choose the group you prefer ^^;
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 04:02   Link #164
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Yeah...finally watched Midori no Hibi ep1 by my favourite fansub group Triad
I think they did a superb job in fansubbing this series even though I haven't compared it with the other versions.
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 04:08   Link #165
box-chan

haven't read any of the manga but I'm crossing my fingers that she doesn't vanish from his hand and suddenly appear on his big toe (or as the entire foot).
as long as that boundary isn't crossed, I'm all for this one! I love the bizarre double-entendre schtick.

but hey, I actually met a guy who had part of his butt grafted onto his hand so anything is possible right?
box-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 10:03   Link #166
WeeJie354
D.N.Angel FoReVeR

About the Sub Group.... I saw [Froth-Bite], [A-E] and [Seichi-Fansubs] but i haven see [The Triad].....So... Wat i wan to say is that..the First 3 Group i think [Seichi-Fansubs] is better.... so i'm going to support it...

Can't Wait For Ep2..lol
WeeJie354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 13:49   Link #167
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I just watched Seichi's Episode 02. Hmm...I'm a little underwhelmed by this episode. I felt that the anime doesn't have quite the same impact as the manga does. Also, Ayase isn't as bold or passionate as I thought she would be. Maybe it's the voice actress's fault. She seems more bolder in the manga than the anime. But whatever, it's still entertaining. I'm REALLY looking foward to episode 03, Seiji's big sister, RIN!!! YAY!
Spoiler:
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 14:27   Link #168
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
I'm still looking forward to episode 2 ^^ loved the first one and I'm very curious how this anime is going to develop.
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:07   Link #169
A Lamer
あほぉ&

^_^ 's version of episode 2 has been released. A... spokesman? for the group said they fired the guy who botched the episode 1 translation, so could someone (snoopy preferably, since hes a midori zealot (complement)) give a review of the translation quality?
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:16   Link #170
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Spoiler:
Mad Bitch Sawamura ????
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:38   Link #171
Sergejack

Send a message via MSN to Sergejack
If it can helps RLZ to be done faster : I have a good timing for the ep 02 of Midori : Timing Midori 02

BTW : if it make someone want to help us subbing it, no problem
Sergejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:38   Link #172
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOcyOgl
Mad Bitch Sawamura ????
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they used to call her during high school.

She's even nastier than Seiji.
Old 2004-04-12, 18:38   Link #173
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by box-chan
haven't read any of the manga but I'm crossing my fingers that she doesn't vanish from his hand and suddenly appear on his big toe (or as the entire foot).
as long as that boundary isn't crossed, I'm all for this one! I love the bizarre double-entendre schtick.
Well, that would certainly result in major problems with walking...

But the real problems would only start if she suddely appeared instead of a certain body part between his legs. That would give the word "masturbation" a completely new meaning
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 19:11   Link #174
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

they're coming out too fast for me to watch them and form opinions... currently downloading ep 1 from Triad and ep 2 from ^_^ and Seichi. I'm pretty sure Seichi's will be fine, as they did well in ep 1 and there's very little difficult translations in episode 2 so I doubt ^_^ will have any problems either (or if they do, I'll be speechless again... >_>;; ).

now, for what I thought of episode 2:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-12, 20:23   Link #175
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

..!., rocks the house.

--Cless
killmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:17   Link #176
Devin

Midori no Hibi is easily the best anime of 2004 i've seen so far.
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:33   Link #177
box-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Well, that would certainly result in major problems with walking...

But the real problems would only start if she suddely appeared instead of a certain body part between his legs. That would give the word "masturbation" a completely new meaning
funny- I figured they were hinting at this from all the language- I'd say this would be the natural course of things, having different body parts replaced by girls. wah wah wash rinse repeat ad-nauseam till they sell tons of hand puppets.

seriously, i could see some sort of midori no hibi GTx where his girlfriend-toe powers up and shoots energy balls. or something equally ridiculous <like binding together with his crotch for a spirit gun beam>. What gets me is the voice acting- There is something not sitting right with the voice acting for me <and someone else mentioned this too> but maybe midori will grow on me (ugh horrible).
box-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 01:19   Link #178
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

In episode two I noticed that the design for Midori (hand version) is quite a bit different from her human design. I'm not talking about how she's part of Seiji's arm now, I mean that there's just something about how they look that's a little off. Maybe they made the hand-version be super-cute? Hmm...
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 01:21   Link #179
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I don't like Ayase's voice actress all that much... the voice is fine, but I don't think the tone quite fits the part. Nothing to cry home about, though.

*finally got a chance to watch the [^_^] version of episode 2*
It's much better than the rubbish they released as episode 1. No blatant translation errors or missed phrases. Some wording I would have changed, and the style isn't my favorite (I believe in leaving the name suffixes like kun and san in... or at least give the english derivative, I mean, they DO mean something, ya know), but the translation is accurate minus those small qualms, so I have no mean remarks for them this week. As for the technical side, the song translation lacks karaoke (got a translation this time, though) and there isn't any of the now common 'changing text color based on situation or character' things that we see in the newest generation of subs. Personally, I like the little touches groups put into their work, but I wouldn't count off for not doing it as it's really just a personal preference. And that's my 2 cents~

I haven't had time to watch Seichi's ep 2 yet, but I assume it's of the same quality as what they released for ep 1. I'd be surprised if it wasn't...
Old 2004-04-13, 01:29   Link #180
Drock
HxH!!

Not sure if its been asked.. .But does anyone know the name of the Ending song for midori? thx~
Drock is offline   Reply With Quote