AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-29, 09:02   Link #101
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Spoiler for ch.46-47:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 22:57   Link #102
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c47:
Old 2010-09-03, 01:30   Link #103
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

When he took out the bandages, first thing I said was WTF Ernest MK2

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 05:15   Link #104
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Life and death of kitomi were kinda pointless. Its likie if that airplaneworker-nurse-woman were to die immediatly after she had the same kinda panic episode she had early on in the manga.

i still dont believe that what caused the rift between kitomi and tooru was as simple as his scars. like what other observers said, they actually looked pretty cool after all. but now that she is dead, that may never get explained

its a pity she died, i really ended up liking her, but i assume the author realized that people would and so killed her off so he didnt have to make a triangle with rion to keep fans happy, that would have been why id do it anyway.

that condor was biting on an eyeball early on, this makes me hope that they really did bury her.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 08:11   Link #105
lightbringer
M9000

But Sengoku's already in a triangle with Rion and the class rep. It's more like Kitomi had to die in order to make room for her other two friends to get together. Either way, this is just about the first time in Cage of Eden that someone dies who's had more than two lines of dialogue, isn't it? You have to kill off named people from time to time to maintain the sense of danger Though if someone like Rion were to die, Sengoku would snap, and the group would fall apart quickly after that.

About the scars, they might say it's cool in the manga, but there's no way those scars would actually look cool in real life, no matter how much of a pretty boy he was originally
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 09:14   Link #106
alu546
y prime

h, i skipped around the middle of the mnga to the part where kitomi was intrdduced, so i prolly skipped the class rep.

still though, there are plenty of other people who couldve bitten the dust, but no, the manga chooses to have kitomi have an anxiety attack and fall off a cliff.

but you know, im wondering who injured kitomi in the first place. a rock only starts flying around hard enough to hurt someone naturally during a hurricane or rockslide.someone among them had to have done it

EDIT: Or atlleast a different more glorifieed dust biting for her
Old 2010-09-03, 10:34   Link #107
lightbringer
M9000

It was probably from the bears and wolves fighting, wasn't that what happened? I seriously doubt anyone there had enough animosity towards her to actually throw a rock at her while noone's looking

Also, you skipped the most interesting parts so far, so go back and read them!
Old 2010-09-03, 10:58   Link #108
alu546
y prime

even if that was blamed, i dont see how a rock could end up being flung hard enough to hurt a bystander most likellly 40+ yards away. though you know, maybe im looking to hard into it, but it didnt seem like she was liked that much, except by tooru. atleast among her peers

whats more, if there was really an argument, what in gods name possessed her friend to have an argument as the group was navigating around the brawl with the bears and wolves?
Old 2010-09-03, 11:23   Link #109
lightbringer
M9000

Sure, they didn't like her much, but they were still her friends. On the other hand, I think that a bear flinging a rock with his paw and trying to hit a wolf with it, missing and hitting her instead, is quite possible and much more likely than a conspiracy theory involving her friends Although one way or another, she's quite dead now. Her last words were quite obscene, too - I wonder if the translator took some liberties there. Not the kind of dialogue that is usually found in shonen manga
Old 2010-09-03, 12:38   Link #110
alu546
y prime

i thought this was seinen

though ive never heard of bears who have thumbs. if king kong were out there(and watch that happen eventuallly) i would consider that a greater possibility.

though i dont think it was an effort to kill her, but there seemedde to be malice out there, mostly coming from the other girl that wouldve led to these unfortunate events

but the translator taking liberties there is probable, though im sure she said something similar

if you ever have an anxiety attack (and i did have one 8 years ago) youd know that for a brief period you arent really sane.
Old 2010-09-03, 13:23   Link #111
lightbringer
M9000

Nah, it's very typical and childish, definitely shonen imho. Not to mention the fact that it's serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine

You don't really need thumbs to hit a loose rock on the ground. And that other girl's attitude struck me more as "well she's my bad friend, what are ya gonna do". I think you are reading way too much into her if you think she wanted to purposely hurt Kitomi. Sometimes an accident is just an accident. Agree about the panic attack though, I've had this experience myself a couple of times and you're definitely not in control of your actions and end up doing and saying some really strange/embarrassing things.
Old 2010-09-03, 15:38   Link #112
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Nah, it's very typical and childish, definitely shonen imho. Not to mention the fact that it's serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine
A shonen series that features gore, nude fanservice and......rape......This is no ordinary shonen series that's for sure.
Old 2010-09-03, 21:04   Link #113
GrimJack

WSM has always targeted an audience of older teens rather than the more younger audiences of say Weekly Shonen Jump which is why their series' can and do offer a more mature story line
Old 2010-09-04, 20:45   Link #114
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post

the bear in manga's limbs looks too long.
Old 2010-09-10, 04:16   Link #115
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for ch48:
Old 2010-09-10, 04:30   Link #116
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c48:
Old 2010-09-10, 12:23   Link #117
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for c48:
Well in the previous chapter it did say their wingspan was about 8 meters. That is pretty damn big, let's hope that from this day onwards they keep an eye on the sky.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 12:36   Link #118
yongshun

They have protections from the land and not from the sky yet so the next thing they will have start taking care of is the creation of anti-air weapons like bows and arrows.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 13:47   Link #119
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for c48:
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentavis

Argentavis magnificens (literally "magnificent Argentine bird") is the largest flying bird ever discovered, larger in every aspect than any other flying aves, including the enormous Haast's Eagle from the Pleistocene to Holocene of New Zealand. This bird, sometimes called the Giant Teratorn, is an extinct species known (as of 2009) from three sites from the late Miocene (6 million years before present) of central and northwestern Argentina, where a good sample of fossils has been obtained.[1]
The humerus (upper arm bone) of Argentavis is somewhat damaged. Even so, it allows a fairly accurate estimate of its length in life, which was a bit shorter than an entire human arm.[2] The species apparently had stout, strong legs and large feet which enabled it to walk with ease. The bill was large, rather slender, and had a hooked tip with a wide gape.
i wonder when we get the land crocs and the elephant birds.

edit: what i can't understand is why they haven't start making weapons. They can crave spear form the wood and by laying in the fire they can harden it. Not the same as metal or rock weapons but still pretty useful and 30+ people arm with spears aren't something you can sneeze at.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-09-10 at 14:43.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 14:56   Link #120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

And how does a lap pillow from a flight attendant help?

Tags
shounen, survival