AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-10, 05:10   Link #201
haegar
mangaviking

was a beautiful ep, I'm happy they are back to the very high standard of ep1-4. I didn't dislike last weeks ep as much as some did, but it was somewhat rushed and the names of the youkai popping in in plain text was very irritating.
Spoiler for ep6:
Old 2011-08-13, 12:37   Link #202
ookamigirl

And we're back to reality. I guess Rikuo has still a lot to learn about fighting. Being an apprentice far from home will make him tougher, guess that's what he's grandpa is counting on.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 18:24   Link #203
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Looks like Rikuo figured out grandpa's trick. Guessing Rikuo might want to cut his training short because of what the kyoto yokai said. So Hagoromo is back and about to start her plan.
Old 2011-08-15, 06:39   Link #204
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Man, Gitsune's form in the modern world is so much hotter then her old one.
Old 2011-08-15, 10:18   Link #205
ookamigirl

Well, at least Rikuo will come out even strong than before!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-08-16, 03:19   Link #206
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They're not cutting back with the creepy Gitsune footage. Plus there's plenty of service when she's getting dressed.

I'm happy to hear a handful of fantastic voice actors around Gitsune's table. Just to name a few, Saiga Mitsuki, Tsuda Kenjirou and Chafurin.
Old 2011-08-16, 03:28   Link #207
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They're not cutting back with the creepy Gitsune footage. Plus there's plenty of service when she's getting dressed.

I'm happy to hear a handful of fantastic voice actors around Gitsune's table. Just to name a few, Saiga Mitsuki, Tsuda Kenjirou and Chafurin.
Still haven't watched latest ep but will tonight and lookin forward to it Tono voice acting was great, glad to hear so is Kyoto
Old 2011-08-16, 07:51   Link #208
ookamigirl

Those Kyoto yokai are not a joke, all serious to the bone.
Interesting how they turned up at the only place Rikuo would be, what a nice coincidence.
Guess Rikuo managed to learn how to properly use his fear in a fight. Nice ^^
I'm sensing new yokai trouble in Kyoto, should be interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-08-16, 09:12   Link #209
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What I like most about this week's episode was the tension at the end with the Kyoto faction... This feels way different than a bunch of racoons playing punk, you could tell that it's a solid build-up to something very big about to go down... With all the RomCom and SoL Animes floating around, it's been awhile since I got that 'tingling sensation inside

...And also, lets not forget Rikou admitting that he's doing all this for a "so-so" girl
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 17:53   Link #210
tera_ha

this season has been great so far. people say that first season sucked because of the animation and direction. while that may be true. this arc has a lot better story then any of the ones in the first ones.
Old 2011-08-17, 01:54   Link #211
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What I like most about this week's episode was the tension at the end with the Kyoto faction... This feels way different than a bunch of racoons playing punk, you could tell that it's a solid build-up to something very big about to go down... With all the RomCom and SoL Animes floating around, it's been awhile since I got that 'tingling sensation inside

...And also, lets not forget Rikou admitting that he's doing all this for a "so-so" girl
So-so for the win! Well Night Rikuo can't really be honest so I think that's about the best he's going to say about Yura. Does have other motives, but mainly can't just leave a friend in trouble. I'm sure what he heard this episode about her family will only make him more urgent about getting over there and helping.

Nothing like dangerous enemies showing up and helping you advance your skills in a hurry .
Old 2011-08-17, 08:49   Link #212
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Cool episode, the toono yokai are really funny and I enjoyed the hot spring small talk...almost as much as Nura's new powers, KS ftw! Also liking the new conditions set for victory, and judging from the preview we'll get 8 battles, or 7 excluding the last seal...can't wait
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 12:43   Link #213
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Well 3-4 of the Seals have already been destroyed by Gitsune's followers. Hence the dead relatives of Yura.
Old 2011-08-21, 13:03   Link #214
ookamigirl

New episode!
Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-08-21, 15:05   Link #215
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 8:
Old 2011-08-21, 23:33   Link #216
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Hahaha oh Rikuo. I wonder what our adorable Yuki-Onna is going to say/how she's going to react when she sees the new Yuki-Onna that has tagged along with him lolll

edit:

And does anyone else think that yura's secret training is some kind of summoning to give form to the 13th heir? He's in the OP, and he said it himself that one day he just might be able to see grandpa nurarihyon as a summoning of some sorts. I would imagine she'd be the one with the ability to do so.
Old 2011-08-21, 23:46   Link #217
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well Rikuo has run out of training time and has to get going. Will say that Gitsune has lived up to her curse so far. The Keikain family has really had problems with continuing their lines and of course the murder of Rikuo's father really hurt the Nura family badly. Is about time to go and settle things with her.

Though it's not looking good with that trio being so far completely negated by Gitsune. Really seems like Yura will have to get into the fight and it's going to be bad against that many high level enemies.

Good that Rikuo managed to bring along the friends he's made during his training. It's going to be nuts and he'll need all the help possible. Though seems like he's going to require getting even stronger during the fights leading up to him facing Gitsune.
Old 2011-08-22, 10:07   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
And does anyone else think that yura's secret training is some kind of summoning to give form to the 13th heir? He's in the OP, and he said it himself that one day he just might be able to see grandpa nurarihyon as a summoning of some sorts. I would imagine she'd be the one with the ability to do so.
Yes, Yura's most likely training to master the Hagun, the technique the 13th used to seal Hagoromo Gitsune. The ancestors he summoned looked like skeletons, so he might not look that pretty when he comes back. That would put on equal footing with Nurarihyon, I guess

That reminds me, the anime cut out an important line from Hidemoto and Nurarihyon's conversation in the anime: after Nura comments that a human's lifespan is incredibly short, Hidemoto think to himself that Nurarihyon's lifespan has also been dramatically shortened as a result of Hagoromo Gitsune eating his heart. That's why he's already a shriveled old man even though the old members of his hyakki yakkou (Gyuki, Hitotsume, etc...) still look the same.
Old 2011-08-23, 07:44   Link #219
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
"Ayakashi cannot remove the seal", huh. I'm sure this will be brought up again when this arc is over.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:39   Link #220
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This week certainly represents the yin and yang of demon foxes in anime, doesn’t it? You have the nine-tailed Hagoromo-Gitsune, the kuropan-wearing, liver-eating, slutty supervillain here – and just down the road in Natsume Yuujinchou you have the spectacularly kawaii, innocent and loveable crybaby boy Kogitsune. What a versatile creature is the Kitsune!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote