AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-19, 14:24   Link #41
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Well, if hoping for some big announcement in just 2 days, that WILL be disappointment. XD That announcement has already been leaked... And it's just a "Wait for this announcement on 9/20!"

And THAT announcement, judging from the looks of it, has NOTHING to do with the "long-awaited" project Gatoh mentioned at New Years', because that one won't be announced until next year at the earliest, he said. Not to mention a project with this other illustrator guy can't possibly be something that has been "long-awaited" since it's not something that could have been anticipated by anyone.

No, whatever news we get in September will have nothing to do with anime. It might be the "FTA Project," but it won't be anime. That's news we most likely have 1-2 years to hear. (But I do believe we'll hear it ^^)
The announcement on the obi for Another volume 4 (which tells the reader to look at the issue of Dragon Magazine in September) should relate to Gatoh's planned project #3 for the year:
Quote:
A brand new comedy in the Fujimi Shobo lineup. The temporary title is Sweet Castle Brilliant Park. It's a slapstick drama about a down-on-its-luck amusement park located in a suburb of Tokyo. The protagonist will be involved in many issues. I wonder if it'll be released this summer.
Combined with Nakajima's tweet that it is a comedy novel and that the news will be published in Dragon Magazine (run by Fujimi Shobo), this is likely the project that will be announced in September.

Project 1 was Another's third volume (already released). Project 2 was the Hyouka anime's series composition (already finished). Project 4 was debating if he could continue the Cop Craft series with everything else going on.

After mentioning those four projects, he was that there's other project(s) planned to start in 2013 or afterwards. Among some of them, there's a few that give a "long awaited" feeling. Perhaps one of the projects he was talking about is the FTA project. We don't have enough information yet to really speculate as to what it is or if it one of those projects.
(Tweets were referenced from the Yaraon article about them)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-08-19, 20:51   Link #42
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Here is Eggplant's post on KyoAni's money makers................
I looked over some of those "Top Rated" shows... some of them are absolutely terrible or sub par at best... this is really discouraging.
Old 2012-08-19, 22:53   Link #43
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The announcement on the obi for Another volume 4 (which tells the reader to look at the issue of Dragon Magazine in September) should relate to Gatoh's planned project #3 for the year:
Combined with Nakajima's tweet that it is a comedy novel and that the news will be published in Dragon Magazine (run by Fujimi Shobo), this is likely the project that will be announced in September.

Project 1 was Another's third volume (already released). Project 2 was the Hyouka anime's series composition (already finished). Project 4 was debating if he could continue the Cop Craft series with everything else going on.

After mentioning those four projects, he was that there's other project(s) planned to start in 2013 or afterwards. Among some of them, there's a few that give a "long awaited" feeling. Perhaps one of the projects he was talking about is the FTA project. We don't have enough information yet to really speculate as to what it is or if it one of those projects.
I had a feeling that this project with Nakajima would be that "Amagi Brilliant Park" Gatoh mentioned at New Years. All the mascots and there being a new (to Gatoh's work) illustrator, it made sense. I bit my tongue on it here, but I mentioned that possibility elsewhere. It all adds up. ^^

No idea which the "FTA Project" could be related to -- All depends on what they mean by FTA. *shrug* We'll find out when the time comes, whether that's September or next year.

I've just been mentioning the anime 'cause people here are going "3 days until a big announcement!" and talking about the anime as though this could be related to it. (And ignoring the fact that I told them earlier that the "announcement" was a "Wait until 9/20 for the real announcement!" but that's another matter entirely XD) -- Anyways, I'm just talking about anime possibilities because they did. That's not something we'll likely hear mentioned until 2013 at the earliest, Gatoh said the "long-awaited" project that he can't talk about yet might not even be mentioned until 2014.
Old 2012-08-22, 08:38   Link #44
<KS11>

Let's hope for some real news then ><"
Old 2012-08-22, 13:33   Link #45
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniGuy View Post
I looked over some of those "Top Rated" shows... some of them are absolutely terrible or sub par at best... this is really discouraging.
Under Kyo-Ani? all those shows r pretty good, xcept for K-On, i enjoyed most of them. Kinda surprised that Seed and Seed Destiny r still first on Sunrise list despite 00 and Code Geass, but Seed and Destiny r awesome, so its good to see

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2012-08-22, 15:43   Link #46
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Under Kyo-Ani? all those shows r pretty good, xcept for K-On, i enjoyed most of them. Kinda surprised that Seed and Seed Destiny r still first on Sunrise list despite 00 and Code Geass, but Seed and Destiny r awesome, so its good to see
I was relating to any of the animation studios... In regards to Kyo-Ani, Haruhi is the only one I really really enjoyed, it was original and funny as heck. Lucky Star and Air were not good in my opinion, but again this is just my opinion and it doesn't seem to agree with sales one bit lol... Personally I am not a fan of any Gundam series, they are all the same to me and quite cliche. Also I'm very surprised Fate/Stay Night is top for DEEN, that show has a ton of holes due to them trying to translate to an anime, plus the ending was so sad it put me into depression for a week lol!
Old 2012-08-23, 00:48   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Thanks for the detailed break down. I'll go weep in the corner now, mind you,.... still hopeful. --> -->
Old 2012-08-23, 08:59   Link #48
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniGuy View Post
I was relating to any of the animation studios... In regards to Kyo-Ani, Haruhi is the only one I really really enjoyed, it was original and funny as heck. Lucky Star and Air were not good in my opinion, but again this is just my opinion and it doesn't seem to agree with sales one bit lol... Personally I am not a fan of any Gundam series, they are all the same to me and quite cliche. Also I'm very surprised Fate/Stay Night is top for DEEN, that show has a ton of holes due to them trying to translate to an anime, plus the ending was so sad it put me into depression for a week lol!
U dont like Fate Stay Night or Lucky Star? WTH, I dont give care if there r holes in the anime, it is very good and one of the best animes out there and so wat if it is depressing, have not read, played or watched any TYPE MOON stuff

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2012-08-23, 19:20   Link #49
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
U dont like Fate Stay Night or Lucky Star? WTH, I dont give care if there r holes in the anime, it is very good and one of the best animes out there and so wat if it is depressing, have not read, played or watched any TYPE MOON stuff
Chill out man, I like Fate/Stay Night i'm just saying it had holes translating from visual novel to anime lol Lucky Star wasn't good imo.
Old 2012-08-26, 15:05   Link #50
gordol
Banned

http://www.artjeuness.net/special/shiki201208/

related?
Old 2012-08-27, 13:46   Link #51
Hippo
Careful now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Using a copy and paste translation tool it looks like a doujinshi exhibition of FMP work at the end of September - good to know it is popular enough still, wonder if it is timed to coincide with the announcement, or to test the waters? Nice image of Kaname, it sort of looks like she has just climbed up Rapunzel's tower
Old 2012-08-29, 18:15   Link #52
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Nice image of Kaname, it sort of looks like she has just climbed up Rapunzel's tower
It is! She is oh so lovely
Old 2012-08-31, 07:34   Link #53
Subzero00

What's the chances of a new series actually being ananced???
Closed Thread