AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 16:03   Link #521
Clarste
Human

The conditions to lose are only to admit defeat. By asking for a deathmatch, the prisoner was simply asking Tonpa if he'd accept conditions where death is equivalent to admitting defeat.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 16:13   Link #522
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Pretty solid episode. The pacing is certainly pleasing me.

Glad this episode is using the narrator more. This is one show where a narrator is needed, especially with the later material, so it seems like the staff are keeping that in mind.
Old 2011-11-21, 13:30   Link #523
spleenpoker

Very good episodes, the more I watch this version the more I want to go back and watch the original. Damn now I can't wait for the comparison!
spleenpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 11:59   Link #524
keyed

Good episode, but the rock-climbing scene was jarring because of the poor animation.
keyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 04:14   Link #525
rinichan

HunterxHunter 2011 tv ratings so far so good. I think that was November 13, not this week so far it got 4.1% the same as the week before... i wonder if this week's episode is higher or lower cant wait for it and Cant wait for the gals review comparison to....
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:50   Link #526
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Spoiler for Episode 8 Comparison:
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 05:04   Link #527
spleenpoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
Still a fantastic comparison. Thanks!
Old 2011-11-25, 07:45   Link #528
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The monsters in the 1999 series looks more creepy.

Anyway, very nice comparison, Toto. Your work is one reason why I always check this thread out.
Old 2011-11-25, 16:08   Link #529
NJZanDatsu

Quote:
I just want to say thanks! again for posting your comparisons.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 14:56   Link #530
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So I just got around to watching the first episode and already 3 minutes into it I had a big grin on my face, but then Mito started talking and my jaw just kind of hit the floor. I thought, "No way...it couldn't be...." and then I went and checked and indeed it was...Keiko Han (Lalah Sune, Annerose Von Grunewald, Athena, Luna) in an actual voice role for the first time in quite possibly a decade.

People who know me know I usually get really excited whenever an old 90's voice actor who doesn't get a lot of work anymore gets a role in this current era, but this is really something quite special as I love Keiko Han's distinctive motherly sounding voice and I don't think there's any equivalent in the current stable of voice actors getting work. Could this be her re-emergence onto the scene or is it just a token role? Could we possibly get Ryo Horikawa back too? How about Masako Nozawa? Kei Tomiyama? Am I being greedy here?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 15:04   Link #531
Vicious108

Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, since it was likely just a token role due to Gon actually being played by her daughter, Megumi Han. Well, you can at least look forward to her offspring's promising career I suppose.

And uh, Ryo Horikawa and Masako Nozawa still get some work here and there, but Kei Tomiyama has been dead for over a decade, I'm afraid.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 15:17   Link #532
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, since it was likely just a token role due to Gon actually being played by her daughter, Megumi Han. Well, you can at least look forward to her offspring's promising career I suppose.

And uh, Ryo Horikawa and Masako Nozawa still get some work here and there, but Kei Tomiyama has been dead for over a decade, I'm afraid.
Wow did not know that. That kind of explains a lot then.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 01:05   Link #533
Vicious108

Speaking of relatively old voice actors re-emerging, Kazuki Yao playing the blue loser in episode 9 was a nice surprise.

Pretty good episode too. The show in general has been improving and I haven't had any real problems with it since the cooking exam episode. If only they'd stop messing with Hisoka's character, I'd probably be really enjoying this series. Let's see how they handle him in next week's episode...

And oh yeah, after her performance in this episode, Miyuki Sawashiro definitely passes as Kurapica. Great delivery in a great scene.

Speaking of which, we got a sneak peek of the Ryodan:

Spoiler:

Looking forward to seeing them in action... eventually.
Old 2011-11-27, 01:14   Link #534
NJZanDatsu

Episode 9 was pretty damn good, solid animation, Kurapika's scarlet eyes looked beast, and the silhouettes for the Troupe look awesome! The only thing is that the pacing slowed down a bit but that wasn't a big deal to me. The next episode will handle Leorio, and Hisoka's part of the exam.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 06:38   Link #535
ookamigirl

Gon vs candle challenge.
That was pretty interesting.
Kurapika vs Blue guy.
That spider tatoo sure drove him off the edge.
Pretty scary with the red eyes..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 10:07   Link #536
Kirarakim

Quote:
A bit off topic but I am watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes now and I was so sad when I read that about Kei Tomiyama the other day.
Old 2011-11-27, 11:38   Link #537
spleenpoker

Was a fantastic episode! Animation on the scarlet eyes was terrific! Cannot wait for the comparison. Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2011-11-27, 11:46   Link #538
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
A bit off topic but I am watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes now and I was so sad when I read that about Kei Tomiyama the other day.
Unfortunately he's not the only one who's no longer around when it comes to LotGH's main cast. Kaneto Shiozawa (Oberstein) too has been dead for over a decade now, and he died 10 years younger than Kei Tomiyama. A shame indeed, but at least their legacy lives on through those great performances.
Old 2011-11-27, 12:34   Link #539
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol how Gon handled his challenge even after the guy played dirty. It was a treat to hear Kazuki Yao as theat blue guy. Wow Kurapika was freaking awesome. Wonder if Leorio can seal the match. Nice we see more of Hisoka next week.
Old 2011-11-27, 13:47   Link #540
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Easily the best episode to date. I had no doubt that Sawashiro Miyuki would deliver as Kurapika, though it was still nice to see. Also very impressed with the music placement for that key scene.

Quote:
Speaking of relatively old voice actors re-emerging, Kazuki Yao playing the blue loser in episode 9 was a nice surprise.
Yeah, that was a nice surprise. I hope he voices another character at a later date, because it would be a shame to see him wasted on such a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Off-topic, but you're doing good with watching without a doubt his best role.

Tags
action, shounen