AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-25, 11:27   Link #1161
Key Board
Carbon

I wonder if there will be a third game

I mean, there's only so many times you can recycle the Book of Darkness plot
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 11:30   Link #1162
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
I wonder what that last battle I missing is...

So basically, only the three Aces routes are finished in translation, since I did Hayate-chan's. Reinforce was next...gah still so many routes left.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 11:51   Link #1163
Kuze

Are you missing it the battle between Arf and Linith, 4-B? The wiki has this about it: ストーリーをFINALまでクリアしていないと選択できない。

Of course, you've beaten all of the rest of the game so, I don't know what to say. You should be able to select it.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 12:16   Link #1164
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Yeah to fight Arf as Linith you have to finish the game. I dunno if there is other condition though.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 12:23   Link #1165
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Ah I see. Thanks guys. I guess I need to replay that sequence again.

@Key Board:
Basically there will not be a third game involving the Yami no Sho stuff again. Everything involving the Yami no Sho is pretty much ended smoothly in this game. There are not many remaining holes in this. If there is to be a third game, they would have to make up an entirely new storyline and somehow involve all the characters. But what incident would be able to do that? At first it was weird having a new Nanoha game with characters from Vivid and Force involved but the way it went it actually elaborates on the Yami no Sho more greatly than imagined.

Yami no Sho:
has Reinforce as like a system administrator/unison device
has the Wolkenritter as the guardians of the master and book
has the Materials which are made of the 'Darkness' of the Yami no Sho
has Yuri who is the hidden true aspect of the Darkness of the Yami no Sho but is only one part as the Materials and her were all supposed to be together. Yuri is also the 'berserk destroying' aspect of the Yami no Sho as she inadvertantly destroys everything even though she doesn't want to.

There's nothing else they can do with the Yami no Sho stuff as EVERY character involved with it is now having happy endings or at least happier endings.
Old 2011-12-25, 12:31   Link #1166
Key Board
Carbon

I'm just speculating, but from a business point of view...

Gears of Destiny helps to remind people of A's and hype up the interest for the upcoming 2nd A's movie

If we follow this logic, the third game should be StrikerS based and released somewhere near the airdate of a theoretical third StrikerS based movie
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 12:43   Link #1167
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

That would be possible but it would have to revamp everything from certain characters and their battle styles as those change. As well as some how revamping the battle system in a way that even 'ground mages' can participate. All the characters that have participated so far in the games are all aerial mages or knights. Even then they would have to make a storyline for the StrikerS that would be good enough to encompass the game around.
Old 2011-12-25, 14:18   Link #1168
TheScarletSword
Befriender

Send a message via AIM to TheScarletSword Send a message via MSN to TheScarletSword
I definitely have to say that this game is a lot more refined than The Battle of Aces... and the story, while I don't know Japanese (sue me) it's very interesting. It'd be lovely to see a translation up at some point in time. I've been reading minor translations here and there.

I should also say it's harder than The Battle of Aces.. Sequence 6 in particular... and any match with U-D/Yuri... aaauuuugh.

Makes me wonder if StrikerS will cease to exist in this timeline or if it'll happen with the next game. Either way, I'd like to see a Nanoha game on the PS3 sometime instead of handhelds.
TheScarletSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 14:30   Link #1169
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I know how everyone loves Super Robot Wars comparisons, but these games do remind me of OG:

The first game felt experimental, being bare bones for the sake of just testing the waters to see how well it will do. Since it did turn out well for the second game they went all out and added so much more content, took more chances, and made a much better game.
Old 2011-12-25, 15:02   Link #1170
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarletSword View Post
I definitely have to say that this game is a lot more refined than The Battle of Aces... and the story, while I don't know Japanese (sue me) it's very interesting. It'd be lovely to see a translation up at some point in time. I've been reading minor translations here and there.

I should also say it's harder than The Battle of Aces.. Sequence 6 in particular... and any match with U-D/Yuri... aaauuuugh.

Makes me wonder if StrikerS will cease to exist in this timeline or if it'll happen with the next game. Either way, I'd like to see a Nanoha game on the PS3 sometime instead of handhelds.
No it doesn't cause the timeline to change. StrikerS exists because of what Amita and Kyrie did in the end. Basically it's the Tenchi Muyo Movie 1 formula. Erase the memories of the parties that belong in that time. But also erase the memories of those who were accidentally dragged into the situation to preserve future timelines.

The only real difference between the A's anime and the A's game is that Reinforce lives longer in the game but still goes away eventually before StrikerS. In the A's anime it's a sad farewell as she sacrifices herself to make sure the Yami no Sho or now Yaten no Sho does not go berserk again. In the A's game, the scenario changes as they somehow defeat the defense program and free everyone from Darkness of the Yami no Sho. The difference is that Reinforce gave her abilities to Hayate-chan during that time and thus Reinforce is more or less a Unison Device without the administrative capabilities she possessed before. Reinforce is pushing herself in the games usually because of the new incidents as well as not having up to par magical abilities anymore. However she is given what fans wanted, the happy life with the rest of the Yagami family for whatever amount of time she will still be able to live. In the various routes of the Yagami family members, it is mentioned that Reinforce does not have alot of time left. But she is using that time to live happily with the rest of the Yagami family. In Hayate-chan's route or Reinforce's route, I forget which one, Reinforce Eins makes a mentioned of 'giving birth' to a new Unison Device who would take over her duties, also Reinforce says that the new 'child' should have the same name Reinforce. Though the confusion of which Reinforce is which gives to the whole Eins and Zwei parts additions.

The A's game is an alternate telling of what could happen. If Reinforce was saved as well during the Yami no Sho. If Reinforce was given the opportunity to live happily with the rest of the Yagami family. Two after-incidents that elaborate more and finalize the entire Yami no Sho incident in general.

How they elaborate the Yami no Sho is very interesting as the real 'Darkness' was System U-D, a system hidden inside Yami no Sho that was kept secret from all parties but the Materials and the two outsiders Kyrie and Amita who somehow had some knowledge about System U-D.

Last edited by Hayate22; 2011-12-25 at 15:18.
Old 2011-12-25, 15:09   Link #1171
TheScarletSword
Befriender

Send a message via AIM to TheScarletSword Send a message via MSN to TheScarletSword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
No it doesn't cause the timeline to change. StrikerS exists because of what Amita and Kyrie did in the end. Basically it's the Tenchi Muyo Movie 1 formula. Erase the memories of the parties that belong in that time. But also erase the memories of those who were accidentally dragged into the situation to preserve future timelines.

The only real difference between the A's anime and the A's game is that Reinforce lives longer in the game but still goes away eventually before StrikerS. In the A's anime it's a sad farewell as she sacrifices herself to make sure the Yami no Sho or now Yaten no Sho does not go berserk again. In the A's game, the scenario changes as they somehow defeat the defense program and free everyone from it. The difference is that Reinforce gave her abilities to Hayate-chan during that time and thus Reinforce is more or less a Unison Device without the administrative capabilities she possessed before. Reinforce is pushing herself in the games usually because of the new incidents. However she is given what fans wanted, the happy life with the rest of the Yagami family.
Ah, I see! I am definitely pleased with Reinforce Eins having more appearances indeed; along with the fact that they're deciding to use the A's timeframe for these games. Kind of hard to say what they'll do for further games; as mentioned before dragging The Book of Darkness incidents out is pretty much done. If they make a third game, and if it's set within StrikerS, I hope they flesh it out like they've done with this. StrikerS timeframe feels like so much more could've been done with it, I'd like to see an additional story other than ViviD and Force - kind of like this and The Battle of Aces that either expands on an existing story or a new conflict that goes back and expands on existing characters that weren't completely covered.
TheScarletSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 15:16   Link #1172
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

@Scarlet Sword:

Added some new info in my earlier post just so you can read.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The StrikerS scenario was a bit rushed from what I can tell. Characters got shafted in appearance and what was going on. Storyline for one thing actually had villians compared to the previous seasons where the so called villians or rivals actually were just unfortunate people forced into that kind of situation because of outside influences. Precia with the loss of Alicia because of stupid corporate heads rushing her project. Fate with her backstory. Reinforce and the Guardian Knights. Ex-Admiral Graham who was attempting to find a way to do it but only saw that one way in the anime.
Old 2011-12-25, 15:51   Link #1173
Sunder the Gold

An OVA remake of the third season that gave Hayate, Fate, Yuuno and Chrono more to do and which left out the unimportant newer characters would be nice. I don't care about Charim, Verossa, Vice, Griffith or Alto. They were wasted time.

We also had no less than four groups of antagonists, and the ones with the more interesting motivations got the least amount of screentime.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 21:54   Link #1174
rxrx

I still find it strange that Amita and Kyrie did not erase their appearance in the A's casts mind though. They remembered the incident and the materials' involvemnet but the memory was tweaked so that they believe that they went to another world which cannot be accessed. Only the memory of the future cast and their appearance was wiped out. Wouldn't it be dangerous if they somehow remeber them?
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 23:20   Link #1175
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

If i remember correctly the PV of the game talked about various game modes, we have the sotyr mode that if i understanded right it's separated in secuences that offer you a limited number of character to continue de story so you can't play with a single character through the whole story. IIRC someone said the Wolkenritter's main involvement in the story is hunting the Dark Pieces, is that correct?

I also remeber about another game mode in which you can select a character and then "make" a story with it or something like that(i mean, facing characters that don't have the change to fight face-to-face in the story mode and see their reactions to each other), how is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
An OVA remake of the third season that gave Hayate, Fate, Yuuno and Chrono more to do and which left out the unimportant newer characters would be nice. I don't care about Charim, Verossa, Vice, Griffith or Alto. They were wasted time.
I agree that StrikerS didn't do justice to various character who deserved better developement but i don't consider the mentioned characters "a waste of time", most of them existed to enrich the background of other more recognizable characters(Vice and Alto to Signum/Teana, Carim and Verossa to Hayate/Chrno) as also to cement the basis of the new setting(Grffith as also Carim gave an idea of the dimensions around RF6 structure).

Are there new special powers?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 23:58   Link #1176
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
I still find it strange that Amita and Kyrie did not erase their appearance in the A's casts mind though. They remembered the incident and the materials' involvemnet but the memory was tweaked so that they believe that they went to another world which cannot be accessed. Only the memory of the future cast and their appearance was wiped out. Wouldn't it be dangerous if they somehow remeber them?
Yes. Yes, it would.

Unless Amitie and Kyrie have created a stable time loop that already existed, they have in fact changed the past in such a way that must have some impact upon their own time.

Unless they have created a stable time loop.

With reliable time travel technology. That can be used again and again and again. So, if time loops aren't stable, the universe is HOSED.

Because one day, someone without ethics will discover or get their hands on that technology. And that one day will retroactively lead to endless assaults on the past.

However, no assaults have happened in the past that anyone's aware of. Does this mean that the technology will never exist?

ARGH, I hate time-travel technology!
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 00:58   Link #1177
rxrx

Or it just follow Dragonball's style of time travel. You change the past, but that creates anotehr alternate timeline while the one which you belong to is a split off and those changes nothing. The Cell Saga said so.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 00:59   Link #1178
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

@rxrx and Sunder the God:

Tenchi Muyo movie 1 formula dealing with time travel. Erase or alter the memories of the primary participants and certain members of the incident in question and things go well if the ending is a happy one.

The technology used for the time travel in the game is equal to Lost Logia, which means it is super technology that is perfected but due to the fact that no one who actually knows how to use it properly exists anymore. Kyrie and Amita only have a basic understanding of it to a certain point. If their professor could still be around he could investigate it further but he wouldn't as he considered it too dangerous and sealed it away.

-------------------

In any case, this game is an alternate telling anyway of the A's ending until before StrikerS. Just two new events that finish up the mystery behind the Yami no Sho.
Old 2011-12-26, 01:15   Link #1179
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The term Lost Logia seemd like a very convenient one from the beginning of the franchise because it basically means "whatever the plot needs that don't require too much explanation" xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 01:22   Link #1180
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
The term Lost Logia seemd like a very convenient one from the beginning of the franchise because it basically means "whatever the plot needs that don't require too much explanation" xD.
Yeah pretty much that. ^^ Don't analyze or ask for explanations, just accept the happy ending.