AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 11:45   Link #441
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast View Post
Does anyone know why Yamato is in the last episode? Last thing I recalled he was captured.
I guess this filler arc happens (more or less) after Tsunade woke up after Naruto beat Pain/Nagato. As for further details, don’t ask me. This filler arc also messes up the order of things a bit just like Dragon Ball Z movies.
Old 2012-12-21, 14:34   Link #442
battle22

Well, This "Fillers" Were....Hmm Pointless if you ask me. I mean, Sure the fighting was top notch But Do any of you really care for the plot? I would have preffered if they did War fillers like this, Having Fights all over the place. I think This fillers are waste of time and Money, which they could use for the War arc, It was already bad in the manga and here I thought Anime would fix that.
Old 2012-12-21, 14:40   Link #443
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

After going back, it looks like this takes place between the events that take place in episode 220. Somewhere during the village downtime in that episode (most likely after the Karin interrogation because it would have to be before he gets summoned to the toads), then word comes out about the Hole to Tsunade, she sends them on this mission, then they return and are still rebuilding the village. Naruto goes to the ramen shop and gets summoned. 221 is where Kabuto has fully developed his powers and he meets Tobi and Tsunade woke up in 219.

Ut oh, they've created a monster. The worst possible reciever for the power made its nest right inside the thing. It was awesome seeing Sage Naruto owning the Kyuubi clone, only to tell it that his true power wasn't from his techniques, but his will and heart. That's been the whole theme of Naruto right there from the very beginning.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 17:42   Link #444
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Well, This "Fillers" Were....Hmm Pointless if you ask me.
Of course fillers will always be pointless, since they are nothing but side stories. The question is whether they are entertaining or not.

Quote:
But Do any of you really care for the plot?
I do. If we exclude the fat guy and big lips girl love story subplot, to me the plot of this filler arc is more interesting than whatever is going on with the war arc right now.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 02:32   Link #445
battle22

Quote:
I do. If we exclude the fat guy and big lips girl love story subplot, to me the plot of this filler arc is more interesting than whatever is going on with the war arc right now.
If a filler story is much better than the canon story, then we really have a problem with writing from the Naruto Author.
Old 2012-12-22, 07:34   Link #446
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Aaaaaaand I'm bored.
Power of friendship, bond, whatever... You already know.

(And cut the crap Naruto... Without the Kyuubi, you wouldn't have done so many things)
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 08:02   Link #447
neshru

Quote:
If a filler story is much better than the canon story, then we really have a problem with writing from the Naruto Author.
Everyone has highs and lows. From my point of view the first part of the war arc is one of the lows of the Naruto manga.
Also, this filler arc has not been written by the usual filler writers. It's written and directed by a high profile director that you don't generally see on the series.
Old 2012-12-22, 09:23   Link #448
HasuMasu
*Artist

I always appreciate seeing the Sage Mode display its power.

Quite well here, too.
Old 2012-12-23, 09:16   Link #449
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I always appreciate seeing the Sage Mode display its power.

Quite well here, too.
I didn't like it in the manga that sage mode was never used in battle against normal opponents, only against Pain/Nagato. Immediately after Naruto got this powerup he simply didn't use it until he got the kyuubi powerup. It would have been funny if Naruto entered sage mode when the black girl (Karui?) was beating him up and no matter how hard she was hitting there woldn't be a scratch on Naruto Too bad the author needed a different outcome there for the sake of story progression. Naruto could have used it also against Kisame since Kisame is a chakra sucking guy, too bad Kisame was reserved for Gai. So it was a good idea from the anime team to use some sage action before the war begins. As usual in the filler and also in the movies the plot is somewhat boring but the great animation makes you forget that.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 07:47   Link #450
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Is there a naruto ep this week??
Old 2012-12-27, 10:38   Link #451
neshru

Not until January 10.
Old 2012-12-27, 11:06   Link #452
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

dammit!!! i wanted to see the last power episode
Old 2013-01-10, 07:10   Link #453
Jerseykid

295: the preview was the best part!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 08:17   Link #454
battle22

Quote:
295: the preview was the best part!
True....
Old 2013-01-10, 10:30   Link #455
Lunarskylar

mina is clearly an uzumaki
Old 2013-01-10, 11:08   Link #456
azenable
President of TecoT

Nice to see Naruto turn SSJ mode always
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 13:40   Link #457
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I cant believe most plp found this arc boring and pointless, i thought it was the best arc yet!! Even compared to the canon ones

I do have one problem with the last ep though......what the hell happend to Hinata,negi and the rest they just vanished!?
Old 2013-01-10, 15:53   Link #458
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

It was a nice end to this mini-arc, but i'm happy we're finally getting back to the war next week.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:07   Link #459
battle22

Quote:
I cant believe most plp found this arc boring and pointless, i thought it was the best arc yet!! Even compared to the canon ones

I do have one problem with the last ep though......what the hell happend to Hinata,negi and the rest they just vanished!?
Plot wise, it sucked. fighting was better than the ones we got on the war arcs but nothing more than that. Meh, I just want the canon story to continue so we can get more characters in Storm 3...lol
Old 2013-01-10, 16:09   Link #460
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
It was awesome seeing Sage Naruto owning the Kyuubi clone, only to tell it that his true power wasn't from his techniques, but his will and heart.
When I watched that scene a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but smile while thinking to myself "gee, it sure would've been nice if he wasn't currently using sage mode at the time he said that".

Overall, it wasn't a bad arc. It literally felt like they intended for this mini arc to be a movie, but then changed their minds at the last second. Because the length of the plot, the quality of the plot, and the animation were all more or less of movie quality. Even the way the arc ended right down to how the ending credit scenes were handled felt like it could've came out of one of the Naruto movies.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion