AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-10, 22:15   Link #101
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

She touched him rather... familiar if you ask me, too.
Old 2004-08-10, 22:20   Link #102
ArbalestAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drognen
Did you notice in the preview when Dante touches his face that he has a blue substance restricting him? Hmm, I wonder where Sloth could be...
if that is sloth, since ed has dug out some of his mum's remains, he might coincidentally arrive to save his father who he's hated for so long.

iono, don't know what the hell is up with roy though. he's become such a complex character and much more than a playboy. but, you can't predict or blame him for his actions and meeting up with the fuhrer just with hawkeye. he's pissed at bradley probably for canceling the investigation of his best friend's death. i hope he kicks someone's ass, doesn't need to be pride, just anyone. damn, he's so freakin awesome. though, i probably only like him a lot cause he looks like me
Old 2004-08-10, 22:20   Link #103
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
That my friend will be answered soon.

Be patient and let the TV series follows its pace. Sure I bet lot of revelations are bound to come within the last seven episodes that'll follow.
Well, I was trying to create a sub-discussion for predictions
Old 2004-08-10, 23:20   Link #104
gaheris

yeah I thought that was Sloth as well. I really hope that they don't kill of Hohenheim at least until we know more about him. I wonder since it was said that he is reaching his limits that means he either has to switch bodies or die. Here is my theory. He left home to find out why his body is rotting, and needed to get away because he didn't want Trisha and his kids to see or that he knew he couldn't hide it much longer. He came back because he found the asnwer to why his body was rotting and either went back home to spend the time he had left with his family because there was nothing he could do to stop it or he wouldn't do what was needed to stop it either switching bodies or something else.

Now that he knows about Dante he wants do try to make up for not being their for Ed and Al by trying to protect them from Dante's plans. Although I think he will die at the end I just hope that we get some more intereaction between Hohenheim, Ed and Al before he kicks the bucket. Also I wonder what his reaction to Sloth will be like. Episode 45 can't come fast enough!!!
Old 2004-08-11, 00:18   Link #105
f00l

Do you guys think a new sin will be created in the next episode?
If so I hope it would be scar or Hughes...... if it is Hughes it would make a great confrontation between him and mustang. ^^

But the logical person (and most likely if a new sin comes) to bring out the gate as the new greed is al's body....... IMO its a great way to lure al and ed towards them with the stone. "Give us the stone and you can have your body....a equivalent trade"

in terms of greed’s origin I would not be surprised if greed is Dante’s original body
Old 2004-08-11, 01:38   Link #106
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Originally Posted by f00l
Do you guys think a new sin will be created in the next episode?
If so I hope it would be scar or Hughes...... if it is Hughes it would make a great confrontation between him and mustang. ^^

But the logical person (and most likely if a new sin comes) to bring out the gate as the new greed is al's body....... IMO its a great way to lure al and ed towards them with the stone. "Give us the stone and you can have your body....a equivalent trade"

in terms of greed’s origin I would not be surprised if greed is Dante’s original body
i think Sloth was created because Al lost his body, that would make sense doesnt it? I mean, Ed lost his arm and leg and they are now on wrath, so the only logical explaination for the trade of Al's body has to be sloth
Old 2004-08-11, 02:06   Link #107
Teh Dave
z0mg

Well no, the trade for Sloth was Al's body and Ed's leg. The arm was the cost of binding Al's soul to armour.

The trade for Wrath was Izumi's innards, but he happened to be buggering around behind the gate when Ed's limbs were taken for the above costs, so he took them.
Old 2004-08-11, 04:50   Link #108
SilentNight
Deranged Silence

Perhaps Al's body will be the new Greed's body after all. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility. It's interesting that Ed has a way to defeat Sloth. Even if it is a horrible way. But it's hard to find a way to defeat Wrath. There's not exactly anything of his body that lingers. His body was the same one that was taken. And I have nothing to say about Gluttony, Pride, or Envy because that's too mind-boggling. I'm suprised. I had no idea homonculus were capable of marriage. Pride is supposedly married.

Putting all that aside, the trade doesn't seem quite equivalent. Al's body and Ed's leg for a very inhuman form of their mother and then a homonculus appears. Hohenheim said that Al lost his body but must've gained something. I'm not sure what he gained but it was explained that if he gave that back he might be able to regain his body. I'm not sure about that part. What could he have gained?

Ed and Al are soon going to be off to fight. And Ed seems to have revenge in mind. He really is just a kid after all. Especially if he blames Roy for not telling him about Hughes death. It really is an adult's job to look beyond things like revenge but I guess Ed can't be blamed. He still doesn't know how empty it would be. And that there are more important things to Roy than revenge. Besides, if Roy was after revenge he would be just wasting Hughes efforts. But nothing is really stopping Ed.

Hohenheim and Dante...they're old and tired. So they can't hold out much with alchemy. Too bad. They seem good. Very good. It's nice that Hohenheim cares for his sons. I wonder why Dante controls the homonculus...Has that been explained or is it just obvious? If it is, I must be too dense to see it.

So much information...So much to find out. And yet we won't find out what we want to know until next week. It's too bad they won't release episode 45 this week. I think Japan is celebrating Obon...
Old 2004-08-11, 05:24   Link #109
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Dave
Well no, the trade for Sloth was Al's body and Ed's leg. The arm was the cost of binding Al's soul to armour.

The trade for Wrath was Izumi's innards, but he happened to be buggering around behind the gate when Ed's limbs were taken for the above costs, so he took them.
Wrath talks too much. He's already given us a HUGE clue to how to destroy him. Ep.41 fight in the underground tunnel with Ed: Ed tells Wrath he knows the weakness of the Humonculus, a part of their former bodies. Wrath mocks him saying his former body is 'nowhere' because Izumi delivered it to the Gate. Now if Wrath had stopped there, Ed may have been stumped. But Wrath continues, he says if his original body was anywhere it would be Ed's. Bingo.

Wrath stole Ed's limbs, the rest of Ed is his goal. But this is also his weakness. Without those limbs Wrath is nothing. Extract the red crystal and Ed can defeat Wrath on a physical and alchemical level. Hell Ed can even beat Wrath now anyway, he easily chased him down and locked his arms in the tunnel. If it wasn't for Sloth, Ed could have beaten Wrath further, maybe even taking some of those lives.

Ed has to learn that alchemy, that little spell that will purge the red water crystals from the Humonculus on demand. Then the Angry Brat will be mincemeat...
Old 2004-08-11, 05:30   Link #110
ArbalestAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNight
It's too bad they won't release episode 45 this week. I think Japan is celebrating Obon...
whhaatttttt??? aw, dammit...

btw, where's envy and pride right now?
Spoiler for Envy, maybe Hoenhime?:

this is a theory that probably has plotholes and has probably been said somewhere else already though. if so, still need the origins of gluttony, and pride.
Old 2004-08-11, 07:17   Link #111
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbalestAS
whhaatttttt??? aw, dammit...

btw, where's envy and pride right now?
Spoiler for Envy, maybe Hoenhime?:

this is a theory that probably has plotholes and has probably been said somewhere else already though. if so, still need the origins of gluttony, and pride.

Pride probably sipping tea in Central, sharpening his sword, waiting for Roy.

But where is Envy? Indeed, that is the question...

You raise some good points about Envy there. He clearly loathes Ed, and Hohenheim probably, for some deep reason that we'll find out soon enough. I suspect it's either because he was created by Hohenheim or has a major issue with Hohenheim's past with Dante.

Envy, being envious by nature, is embittered by everything that he cannot attain. So he probably hates anyone who has achieved anything he, the Humonculus or the Master has not. A life, family, children, love etc...are all things Envy must detest with a passion. These are all things Hohenheim achieved despite his mysterious past.
Old 2004-08-11, 08:44   Link #112
Illumina

When Dante and Hohenhiem were talking, Hhh() said that in return for him to give Dante the secret of the rotting body, Dante has to stop fooling his sons, or something alone the lines of that...

i wonder wat he meant by fooling his sons?
Old 2004-08-11, 08:47   Link #113
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I'm astonished by this episode, I remember someone on these forums mentioning that Lyla could be Dante, but I couldn't believe it, and now it looks like Ed and Als dad is knee deep in something much bigger, all that talk of trading bodies, wow. It looks like Full Metal Alchemist still has twist and turns for a really fantastic finale. However, now that we know that their father knows about the gate, and that with the philisopher's stone you can transfer your soul to another body, it looks like Dante and him have had contact with the philisopher's stone, and that their original bodies have been taken beyond the gate?
Old 2004-08-11, 08:49   Link #114
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina
When Dante and Hohenhiem were talking, Hhh() said that in return for him to give Dante the secret of the rotting body, Dante has to stop fooling his sons, or something alone the lines of that...

i wonder wat he meant by fooling his sons?
Perhaps the Humonculus have been deluding the Elrics into believing they can restore their bodies with the Philosopher's Stone? Perhaps the Philosopher's Stone can only be used to grant the Humonculus human life or grant a human eternal life. This is probably what Dante is after.

The Elrics can probably only restore themselves by erasing the Sin they created. Which is what Al and Hohenheim's discussion seemed to hint at. But something tells me it's not as clear cut as that...
Old 2004-08-11, 10:06   Link #115
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I finished episode 44 by 2:40 a.m.

Important revelations were told and revealed, including the Master.
Spoiler:

I pretty have a bad feeling and premonition about Mustang's, seeing how he left for Central along with Hawkeye.
Spoiler:

All pieces of the jigsaw are slowly but swiftly being fitted into their proper place.
Spoiler:

The Master's hideout
Spoiler:

Look forward to my complete synopsis for this episode, later tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina
Hohenheim: Please, stop leading my sons astray.

Quite more or less he said. I have to rewatch the episode again.

The meaning for 'astray' quite possibly refers as to deception.
The other context used might be that Hohenheim refers that Ed & Al learnt alchemy that they shouldn't had learnt in the first place.

Ed and Al learnt alchemy from both thier father's research books and from Izumi.
Izumi was taught alchemy by Dante.

Quite a possibility that Dante is way older than Hohenheim, and that he was taught alchemy knowledge from Dante in person about a young age that their sons did.
Therefore, maybe and just maybe Dante's both colleague and teacher to Hohenheim.
Old 2004-08-11, 10:11   Link #116
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

I thought Hohenheim meant something like...

Don't make my children think you're their friend when you're really the big bad guy
Old 2004-08-11, 12:13   Link #117
realdeal
The Real Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Wrath talks too much. He's already given us a HUGE clue to how to destroy him. Ep.41 fight in the underground tunnel with Ed: Ed tells Wrath he knows the weakness of the Humonculus, a part of their former bodies. Wrath mocks him saying his former body is 'nowhere' because Izumi delivered it to the Gate. Now if Wrath had stopped there, Ed may have been stumped. But Wrath continues, he says if his original body was anywhere it would be Ed's. Bingo.

Wrath stole Ed's limbs, the rest of Ed is his goal. But this is also his weakness. Without those limbs Wrath is nothing. Extract the red crystal and Ed can defeat Wrath on a physical and alchemical level. Hell Ed can even beat Wrath now anyway, he easily chased him down and locked his arms in the tunnel. If it wasn't for Sloth, Ed could have beaten Wrath further, maybe even taking some of those lives.

Ed has to learn that alchemy, that little spell that will purge the red water crystals from the Humonculus on demand. Then the Angry Brat will be mincemeat...

If Ed takes those limbs, wont wrath just be armless homonculous. Also, is it as easy as that? Cant he just re-generate? And why would you say Ed can beat him now, I dont think you cant beat someone indestructible. Homonculous weakness is their remains, thats when they can be killed but if wrath dont have remains he can never be killed.
Old 2004-08-11, 12:56   Link #118
Teh Dave
z0mg

SOMEONE hasn't been paying attention.
Old 2004-08-11, 13:00   Link #119
Migs

Ed's arm is what gives Wrath his alchemy powers. Since that arm is not truly a homunculus arm, and can still be considered a human arm, taking it away would not cause Wrath to regenerate, seeing as he only has one arm (Ed's arm). It's not confusing.
Old 2004-08-11, 13:54   Link #120
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
If Ed takes those limbs, wont wrath just be armless homonculous. Also, is it as easy as that? Cant he just re-generate? And why would you say Ed can beat him now, I dont think you cant beat someone indestructible. Homonculous weakness is their remains, thats when they can be killed but if wrath dont have remains he can never be killed.
Wrath, nor any of the Humonculus, are indestructable. Ed was able to run down and hold Wrath in Ep.41. If Ed can purge the stones from Wrath, he'll just be the same as he was when he was born, a little shit who can do powerful alchemy.

Ed will just need to exploit his weakness (as with all the Humonculus), which is the limbs he stole from him. How? I dunno, perhaps if Ed performs alchemy on the limbs, transmutes them into something else other than flesh (like he did with Greed's outer skin), he can destroy them. Either way Wrath is not indestructable, he's tricksy but Ed can and will defeat him...
Closed Thread