AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-07-28, 22:43   Link #1801
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Although it would be kool if Ayu-chan had a godess inside of her, I doubt she does because at the end of the first chapter after Keima's capture and she won at the regionals (or whatever race/tournament she was participating in) she showed off her ribbon or tropy, (whatever it was I can't remember) and after that she wondered why she was showing off to Keima.

Unless at that point the goddess was still dormant because she wasn't getting enough of love power.

What I REALLY want to know is if she still has the Shoes Keima gave her as a present in chapter 1, now that would be interesting.
Agree..tho I don't think the author had thought about this plot (goddess) at that time ..now let's see if the author can remember his story from the very beginning

My money would be on Kanon tho XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 23:14   Link #1802
Xion Valkyrie

Keima is so right, in real life girls do give such ambiguous flags.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 00:08   Link #1803
pampz21
ShipCore

yeah i think Kanon probably has it...cuz she ask Keima if they meet each other....but who knows
PS: Kanon was my favorite capture...i want to have a flag with a singer!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 02:35   Link #1804
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I have the feeling that one of the major turning-point "flag" of this manga will be the joint cooperation of all Keima's capture trying to trigger Keima's flag to the real world...

About the chapter, Ayumi is definitely one of my favourite. And looking back , Keima definitely changed quite a lots since first chapter...
Old 2010-07-29, 04:42   Link #1805
Grey

Looked at chapter 107 again, and now I'm betting on Ayumi actually having a goddess. It's that one part around page 13. Ayumi says she can't teach Keima how to run three-legged, starts to leave, then suddenly turns around and offers to show him how to run three-legged.

At first I thought she was just jumping on a chance to be with Keima, since Keima and Chihiro said they were going to quit and leave. But Ayumi could have just accepted the offer to teach him in the first place. The way she acts feels a lot like she suddenly switched between goddess/human persona, and it's a new person answering the question "Will you show Keima how to run three-legged?"

And Ayumi said, "I can't teach you how to run three-legged." Can't? Why "can't"? It's subtle, but that makes me think it's the goddess talking--a goddess that hasn't spent tons of time running like Ayumi. When Ayumi takes over a second later, she quickly offers to teach (and gets a chance to spend a bit of time with Keima).
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 05:01   Link #1806
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
The part about Ayu-chan having a goddess is supposed to be ambigious. Going by probability, and how the mangaka likes to structure things, i'd rather say she's developed a really hard crush on Keima, rather than being the target of another, awesome, future flag.

[x] first real-life flag, AYU-ChwaN
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 05:11   Link #1807
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I hope that Chihiro will also be included in the upcoming ugpraded harem (those who actually fell in love again after their capture) lol
But gaaaaah

Chapter 108 is.just.too.cute.
And god....Ayumi, your smile at the end is just... ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 05:42   Link #1808
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
yeah i think Kanon probably has it...cuz she ask Keima if they meet each other....but who knows
PS: Kanon was my favorite capture...i want to have a flag with a singer!
Ohh double tasers. Keima's PFP wold rather commit suicide.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 08:59   Link #1809
einlancer
stick-figure-man

Yes Ayumi. I might be in the minority but I loved Ayumi's capture the most. In my view I think so far it is the most bittersweet of captures, "If I were Keima."I think for us to speculate who has a goddess and who has not, it is good to get the facts that were presented so far.

What do we know of weiss?
Takes root in the gaps in the heart of girls/women.
Has varying degrees of power that manifests on the girls possessed as they grow stronger.
Can be vanquished by filling the gap.

what do we know of goddesses?
So far, all I pick from Keima's and Diana's talk is that they were the ones who sealed the weiss from old hell.
They need love to gain strength.
So far have not shown any power aside from being able to control the body of the host girl.
Excluding Diana, there might be at least another 2 goddesses out in the wild.

I think we can make Tenri/Diana's case the exception instead of the norm. For one thing Diana got stuck to Tenri on her own will because Tenri already has a love kindling towards Keima at the time of their merging.She was weakened when she used her powers to save Keima and Tenri and basically took 10 years(?) to grow her strenght to the point of being able to control Tenri's body feeding only Tenri's childhood crush/love on Keima.That's why she is urging Tenri to further her relationship with Keima so she can gain more strength and power.

Now what of the other goddess candidate. As far as we know, with the probable exception of Jun Nagase (Teacher trainee) and the Ghost, none of the other girls have any romantic affection towards the other sex before Keima's capture.So its possible the goddesses in those girls are either really really weak, sleeping or in a coma due to the lack of Love right now. So even if the goddess can take care of weiss, they are so out of it that the girls were infected anyway. If think that having a goddess provide some sort of protection we can say that those girls' Weiss manifestation are not as severe as those who dont have goddesses within them.

And as such, using the premise above I ruled out those girls who's weiss power where manifested or have shown considerable changes during their capture arc.
Kanon - was able to turn invisible due to her Weiss + Insecurities
Kusonoki - has a dual personality and those personality manifesting at the same time
Tsukiyo - shrink due to Weiss + her desire to live in her dolls world
Reiko -- basically out of the running cause she's a ghost
Yui - was able to exchange body with Keima due to Weiss
Hinoki -- became a giant due to Weiss and her desire to be larger than life.

With those 5 out of the way we can now focus on remainder as a possible candidates.
Ayumi - track girl
Mio - oujo
Shiori - book girl
Chihiro - normal??
Jun - teacher
Minami - swimmer
Sumire - ramen girl
Nanaka - shougi girl

Of the 8, Ayumi is the one with the most hinted so far as to having a goddess. She has more than enough appearance to warrant contact with Keima and further her feelings, And as of chapter 108, is actively "seeking" Keima's attention. Plus I think is now displaying the same characteristics as that of Tenri/Diana of dual/split personallity without the aid of Weiss as seen on Chapter 107 pg 13 when she was asked by Chihiro to teach Keima how to do three legged race on panel 2.Refused them telling she cant teach him in panel 3. Wished them luck and move away from them on Panel 4. Maybe made the switch or (was reprimanded by the goddess) at panel 5. Then came back and offer help at panel 6 with that possessed/ blank look(eyes).

So I think Ayumi has a goddess within her. (whooo hooo go Ayumi)
einlancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 09:23   Link #1810
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The only thing that can go against Ayumi having a goddess is: it's hard to image her to be the "older sister" or "younger sister" type.

In that department, teacher Jun and librarian Shiori turn out to be the best candidates. But then it could be a surprise anytime
Old 2010-07-29, 10:33   Link #1811
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Hmmm Id say the girls we run into through the story more would probably have the Goddess girls like the Book Girl, Singer, Ramen Girl, etc the ones we don't see as much probably won't be in them. There might be one of them in there for a random quest for Kami to find if shes in there but Ayumi and the Current girl (blanking on her name) would probably have one Ayumi obviously still has a crush on him and so does....whats her face x.x.

-sigh- I love these side storys to find out who has a goddess but been going on for quite some time now would be nice to get back on story >.< Wanna find out who the caped devil is
Old 2010-07-29, 10:50   Link #1812
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Oh god , Ayumi was so cute . She might have a goddess .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 12:48   Link #1813
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Spoiler:
I am against the notion of Ayumi possessing a goddess, though I would like it much to be. There is no apparent change to Ayumi's physical appearance, nor the presence of screentone and SFXs that would normally accompany the switch. I don't think Wakaki-sensei would make the same mistake twice....for this one. Now, if it was the goddess persuading Ayumi via telepathic voice, that would be a different story altogether.

The thing is, both Ayumi and Chihiro are aware of each other's feelings for Keima. So that's why Ayumi "declined" initially, and only took the opportunity after Chihiro said she'll quit practicing with Keima.

Also, I am rather doubtful about this translation: "I can't teach you how to run-three legged." It's more like Ayumi's saying "There's nothing to teach in three-legged race." Oh well, I'll wait for somebody to enlighten me on that.

I hope there would be a 2-B sleepover/study session episode at Katsuragi's house, much to Keima's dismay.

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-07-29 at 15:18.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 14:43   Link #1814
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
you ppl shouldn't rely on translations :/, the stuff they say in japanese is much more vague. Go read worse quality scans from other manga, sometimes they just translate the words, and well, you get the picture.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 06:32   Link #1815
ReddyRedWolf

From my perspective this the other love triangle. The Keima x Ayumi x Chichiro triangle. The first one we've seen was the Keima x Hakua x Tenri/Diana one.

Course Kami-sama is above these 3D girls.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 07:20   Link #1816
pampz21
ShipCore

I think Keima's will face the same ending as his game....all the girls he captured will probably confess to him...cuz up until now he's the one confessing....it would be pretty interesting if the target has already have feeling from the start....and Keima being Keima so she couldn't confess and that how the RS came to her!

PS: After rereading Jun's arc and Hinoki's arc I get the feeling that Nikaido is Elsee or Keima's back-up

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-07-30 at 22:42.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 07:03   Link #1817
fukarming

Chapter 109

Spoiler for chap 109:

I have a question: some of the chapter titles of The World God only Knows come from some classic manga/ anime/game (Touch, slow step, devil may cry...etc) So do every chapter titles a parody because I can only spot a handful references and miss alot.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 23:08   Link #1818
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Chapter 109

Spoiler for chap 109:

I have a question: some of the chapter titles of The World God only Knows come from some classic manga/ anime/game (Touch, slow step, devil may cry...etc) So do every chapter titles a parody because I can only spot a handful references and miss alot.
Not every one of them is a parody. Here's the link to Wiki. The list is now being updated on TV Tropes. You can also look at the list of allusions in the ShoutOut folder.
Old 2010-08-04, 06:45   Link #1819
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Not every one of them is a parody. Here's the link to Wiki. The list is now being updated on TV Tropes. You can also look at the list of allusions in the ShoutOut folder.
Thank you. That is very helpful. So almost all of the chapter titles are parody.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 06:54   Link #1820
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Didn't know that we have some omake in the end of every volume...

Have only read the first two... Kanon the Electrician was hilarious

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen