AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-15, 21:26   Link #541
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Before she has her way with him.

I mean, then she drags him by the ear and gives him and Rin a solid scolding, then makes them both apologize to Sakura. Yes. That's what I meant. Pay no attention to the first line of this post.
Don't you mean after she has her way with him? A battered Shirou wold be hardly enjoyable; pummeling him afterwards OTOH is a great way to hide evidence from Sakura.

Of course. That would be very reasonable.
Old 2010-12-15, 21:35   Link #542
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Spoiler for Fufufu...:
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 21:40   Link #543
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Spoiler for Fufufu...:
So Shirou alone isn't enough to fulfill Dark Sakura's needs?
Old 2010-12-15, 23:17   Link #544
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Spoiler for Fufufu...:
Spoiler for Eep:
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 01:19   Link #545
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Old 2010-12-17, 10:34   Link #546
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I really don't see how anything has changed. The only difference is whether he just likes Sakura/Rin that much or not.
Which means changing his personality and thoughts prior to the beginning of the game.

Quote:
As far as I'm aware of, he only repressed the belief that Sakura wasn't involved.
No. Rin may well have repressed that belief, but Shirou quite simply had absolutely no reason to believe that she was involved. At least until he found out that Shinji was a magus, anyway....

Quote:
If I recall, he actually admitted to liking Sakura romantically very early on (before Shirou and Saber encounter a confrontation between Archer and Rin and Zoken)
He admitted that he found her attractive, but he also said that it troubled him, and he thought it was "wrong" to be attracted to the sister of his friend (and his Kohai).

If you read through HF, it's quite clear that he was in denial of his true feelings for Sakura.

Quote:
Yes but the player IS Shirou.
Well, no, not quite. The player is representing Shirou when we make decisions, but Shirou has his own thought processes and emotions that are not necessarily the same as those of the player.

Quote:
The dilemnas and decisions are supposed to be a reflection of what Shirou actually feels.
Not really. When Shirou has a clear feeling on an issue, we do not get a choice at all. It's when there is more of a dilemma that we get a choice, and even then the Bad Ends are considered "non-canon" (in the sense that Shirou wouldn't really act that way).

Quote:
Are you saying that the player is forcing Shirou to act out of character if he chooses less Sakura choices in the beginning? Of course not.
No, I'm saying that, without choosing those Sakura choices, Shirou never comes to realise that he is ignoring his true feelings for Sakura, because he spends most of the war trying to push her away, for her own safety.

Quote:
And this case you're saying that Sakura is acting differently at the start than in the other routes. There has to be a reason for that. A reason that does not occur in the other routes. And it's no coincidence that the only way to start HF is to spend more time with Sakura...
Yes, that is entirely true. In HF, Shirou spends more time with Sakura early on and Zouken notices him, which means that Zouken is able to activate her and set his plans in motion.

However, none of this has anything to do with Shirou's fundamental feelings, because he never makes an actual decision along the lines of "I like Sakura more, so I'll spend time with her", the events just flow in such a way that he happens to do so. It's not because he likes Sakura "more" in those routes, it's just that the sequence of events is such that he happens to bump into Sakura more and come to understand her a little better.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 12:10   Link #547
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Let's continue this in the game discusion.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 17:51   Link #548
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Just in time for Christmas.

Spoiler for Chaos Theory, Part Nine:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Old 2010-12-22, 18:16   Link #549
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Ah, I forgot about Caster....

I was wondering where the stuff that Sakura was hearing came from....
Old 2010-12-22, 19:38   Link #550
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Just in time for Christmas.

Spoiler for Chaos Theory, Part Nine:

You are slowly but surely converting me to Shirou/Ilya. They're just too damn adorable together for their own good.
Old 2010-12-22, 19:41   Link #551
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
You are slowly but surely converting me to Shirou/Ilya. They're just too damn adorable together for their own good.
Nah, sorry, I just can't buy it as a pairing. Ilya is just too child-like (and I don't just mean physically), and whilst I like the idea of her being Shirou's little sister, a romantic relationship between them is something I just don't like the diea of.
Old 2010-12-22, 19:42   Link #552
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Nah, sorry, I just can't buy it as a pairing. Ilya is just too child-like (and I don't just mean physically), and whilst I like the idea of her being Shirou's little sister, a romantic relationship between them is something I just don't like the diea of.
Oi, I didn't say you had to like it, silly man. I was simply commenting on the fact that Moczo is converting me to the pairing, and writing it in a way that I find believable if he goes for the romance path. We already know all too well that you dislike the pairing.
Old 2010-12-22, 20:13   Link #553
GDB

Glad I read the Author's Note first, otherwise may not have realized it was Caster at first. Probably would have around the time the scene shifted to the school, but still helped to prevent a re-read.

I enjoyed the Ilya scene as well. At first I was expecting her to leave and find him just lying on the sidewalk or something on her way home. Liked this way too. Now, since the Einzbern family specialty is mana transference and the flow thereof, I wonder if Shirou will awaken completely healthy.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:43   Link #554
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Ah, I forgot about Caster....

I was wondering where the stuff that Sakura was hearing came from....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Glad I read the Author's Note first, otherwise may not have realized it was Caster at first. Probably would have around the time the scene shifted to the school, but still helped to prevent a re-read.
Heh, I was wondering if I should bother to be subtle or not, since the fact was that the only thing that had changed significantly about Sakura so far from canon was that no she has Caster shacked up in her soul. I assumed everyone would figure it out right away no matter what I did.

I guess 'subtle' worked after all.

Quote:
My evil plan is working perfectly!

But seriously, yes, I'm sort of converting myself too. I wasn't really sure if I liked the idea of writing the pairing or not, but the more I write of it the more it seems to flow naturally. This entire chapter basically grew out of writing that scene and seeing if it seemed 'good' or not.
Old 2010-12-22, 21:07   Link #555
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

More like ShirouxHarem to me. Seriously, he just keep triggering flags just by breathing. I wonder how long will Rin last...

Spoiler for Something bugged me::

Btw, I saw the Caster thing the minute I read them . Oh this is gonna be fun; next thing you know Sakura's gonna cut her brother into pieces and throw them awa- ...OTOH that might be a fitting end for Shinji
Old 2010-12-22, 21:32   Link #556
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

[QUOTE=Tiresias;3403943]

Spoiler for Shrug:
Old 2010-12-22, 22:34   Link #557
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Rider doesn't "pretend" to be anyone. All she does is forces the dream. It's Shirou's choice who (and what) he dreams about.
Old 2010-12-22, 22:53   Link #558
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Rider doesn't "pretend" to be anyone. All she does is forces the dream. It's Shirou's choice who (and what) he dreams about.
But I thought she can modify the content? At least, the Ataraxia threesome indicates so...

Anyway, it's a nice breather chapter - though it's more like a 'calm before the storm' chapter to me
Old 2010-12-23, 00:06   Link #559
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Chapter Nine is up on FF.net.
Old 2010-12-23, 08:40   Link #560
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Really awesome. I always wondered if having those servants inside of you would affect you like that, but i don't recall it ever being developed in Fate Stay. Maybe Fate Zero...

Anyway, I don't mean to be picky, but having a fever means it's far more likely to be the flu than a common cold.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction