AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-12-16, 22:04   Link #41
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScR3WiEuS View Post
<blah blah blah>
You just replied to a year old thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan_hellhound View Post
Hi everybody.(first post)

I once browsed the web and found a page that containd scans from diferent sub groups.and the diferent subs was reviewd etc.. now i lost the adress
And im just wondering if enybody know what im talking about, and know the adress??
Do you mean ultracarl- or ultima (screenshots, no comments) or anime-planet (comments, no screenshots)?
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 03:18   Link #42
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Couldn't you have at least thrown him a URL for one of those?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan_hellhound View Post
Hi everybody.(first post)

I once browsed the web and found a page that containd scans from diferent sub groups.and the diferent subs was reviewd etc.. now i lost the adress
And im just wondering if enybody know what im talking about, and know the adress??
You were looking at u|tima. Very nice site indeed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 16:19   Link #43
Jinx999

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Couldn't you have at least thrown him a URL for one of those?

You were looking at u|tima. Very nice site indeed.
It's a very nice site - but isn't working for me any more. Is the overloaded? Does it nnot work with firefox?
Jinx999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 02:53   Link #44
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It works on Firefox. I just tested it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 09:03   Link #45
eikobean

Smile New fansub comparison site

Sorry for self promo, but I would like to share to others about my homepage

http://eiko.bean.googlepages.com

Let me know what you think!
eikobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 09:29   Link #46
cyth
Banned

It looks yummy, and it's simple. Good choice. I personally don't like the font in the fansub information box above the screenshots, the main page could be fixed so it matches W3C standards, and the comparison pages could use some headers as well. But the site serves its purpose.

I hope you actively continue adding comparisons on the site because inactivity is what's killing uC's fansub comparison pages.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 09:39   Link #47
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Yup It's nice specially this upcoming spring....

Long live to your site...
Old 2007-03-30, 08:20   Link #48
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
Looks nice eikobean, be sure to keep it up-to-date this spring and it should do well.

I have to second Toua's constructive criticism though, especially on the info-boxes above the screenshots. Might I suggest that you at least use divs (or a table if that's your thing) to seperate the list of positions from the list of names? And right-aligning both? It's not very pleasant to read right now.
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 21:44   Link #49
ShadowVlican

is there an easy way to capture screenshots?

MPC isn't too friendly since i can't step back frame by frame.... i can't only step forward
ShadowVlican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 01:41   Link #50
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...grab_frames.3F
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 07:24   Link #51
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
For frame-precision I would tend to use VDubMod with the necessary filters in the case of softsubs. I don't know if this is a reliable method for obtaining comparison material though, and at any rate fluff's link seems a lot more comprehensive.
Old 2007-04-11, 07:54   Link #52
martino
makes no files now

Not really reliable if you are dealing with MP4 or MKV releases. VDub(Mod) works fine with AVI files (and VDubMod with OGM/MKV to some extent). You should use what TheFluff pointed out. There are a few other ways too, like for example using AviSynth to load the video (either by using AviSource or DirectShowSource to load the input, just note that the latter doesn't support frame accurate seeking) and then taking a screencap of the frame with either VDub or some other tool which can load AVS scripts.
Old 2007-04-17, 03:16   Link #53
matt73

Lightbulb Fansub comparison wiki or collaboration

I am impressed by both uLTraCarL and u|tima's Fansub Comparison sites. Eiko's is good too. But all of these are managed by individuals, and as such do not stand a chance of keeping up with the sheer quantity of fansubs being released. Unless an absolute fanatic with lots of time on their hands decides to do it consistantly, surely a collaboration is a better idea. That is, a site where users can upload screenshots and technical details of fansubs to create a mega list of fansub comparisons.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion, I don't have any webspace to do it. It could be setup simply as a wiki with an image upload facility, or it could be custom coded which would be nice but take ages. I would love to contribute.
matt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 06:27   Link #54
Bot1
The Supreme Pontiff

try anime planets forum

AKA Malakith
Bot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 10:03   Link #55
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

VLC player can take snap shots of anything it plays, but not sure about the frame to frame seeking u want. or u could get fraps or use virtual dub as said.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:04   Link #56
matt73

Potatochobit - VLC currently has poor softsub support. It's no good for screenshots of fansubs that use softsubs. I really hope VLC improves on this front.

Bot1 - I had already checked out the anime planets forum. It looks good, and I will certainly use it in the future. But while a forum is great for discussion, I am specifically referring to screenshots. What I would like to see is something like uLTraCarL and u|tima's Fansub Comparison sites, except with a lot more anime series covered. I suggest that a more collaborative approach could achieve this. A site could simply have a whole bunch of contributors, or offer an upload facility so that anyone can contribute. Just an idea, it may be hard to get it to work, and I don't have the webspace to run with it.
matt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 12:00   Link #57
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikobean View Post
Sorry for self promo, but I would like to share to others about my homepage

http://eiko.bean.googlepages.com

Let me know what you think!
Nice but can you use png's the compression on the jpgs are noticeable so, a quality comparison with your site wouldn't be accurate.
Old 2007-04-21, 14:52   Link #58
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by [darkfire] View Post
Nice but can you use png's the compression on the jpgs are noticeable so, a quality comparison with your site wouldn't be accurate.
Quote:
2) Images are in PNG format, unless space is running out JPEG/JPG.
I think it already is.
Old 2007-04-22, 16:18   Link #59
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Apparently he's been having some trouble capturing screenshots and ended up using JPGs in some places for this reason.
Old 2007-05-03, 19:11   Link #60
icealchemist
troll4hire
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to icealchemist Send a message via MSN to icealchemist
i think it was for trying to get screen shots on h264/mvk stuff. That is why she used jpg for those, since mpc only allows for jpg captures.

Last edited by icealchemist; 2007-05-04 at 01:12.
icealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote