2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-16, 10:26   Link #41
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoc_kun View Post
Well, I dont think CB only have 4 gundams, after Tieria revealed Nadleh, the Nadleh Gundam actually took the missing code of GN-004... I believe there are more gundams behind CB...
CB has more than 4 Gundams, but they only have 4 GN Drives, and only the 4 Gundams with GN Drives are known to the public, as their other Gundams (such as the ones seen in Gundam 00F) work from the background.
Old 2007-12-16, 11:56   Link #42
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Well, I dont think CB only have 4 gundams, after Tieria revealed Nadleh, the Nadleh Gundam actually took the missing code of GN-004... I believe there are more gundams behind CB...
From the Union's point of view (which is where the original comment comes from), CB have 4 Gundams. Besides, it's not like Nadleh and Virtue are two independent units.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 12:08   Link #43
nhoc_kun

Send a message via Yahoo to nhoc_kun
Spoiler for Gundam 00F:

I just re-watched the first eps again and as you can see... this gundam 00F had everything different than the other 4... and I believe there are more GN Drives including the one that using in this gundam 00F. Especially the Ptolemaios mother ship, is that using another different kind of GN drive?... and that GN Field... and thos shinning energy source that you can see everywhere (even behind thos gun, shield, beam... watever) are they from the GN drives? or Sunrise just design like that to label a cooler gundam...
Old 2007-12-16, 12:14   Link #44
Terra

Ptolemaios doesn't have a GN drive. It's entirely dependant on the Gundams for it's energy. Hence there's been at least 2 scenes referring to the charge status of the Ptolemaios' GN drive. Plus Allelujah said as much in ep 3 I think it was.
Old 2007-12-16, 12:54   Link #45
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
CB has more than 4 Gundams, but they only have 4 GN Drives, and only the 4 Gundams with GN Drives are known to the public, as their other Gundams (such as the ones seen in Gundam 00F) work from the background.
so...what are the previous generation of gundam engines called? I mean the GNYs aren't battery powered or anything, right?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 14:05   Link #46
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Spoiler for Gundam 00F:

I just re-watched the first eps again and as you can see... this gundam 00F had everything different than the other 4... and I believe there are more GN Drives including the one that using in this gundam 00F. Especially the Ptolemaios mother ship, is that using another different kind of GN drive?... and that GN Field... and thos shinning energy source that you can see everywhere (even behind thos gun, shield, beam... watever) are they from the GN drives? or Sunrise just design like that to label a cooler gundam...
That's not from 00F =P
00F takes place in the future, after 00, and 00P takes place in the past. I assume F is is Future, P is Past. The Gundam in that scene is Gundam O, which hasn't been shown in either F or P. P deals with the second generation of Gundams, and O is a first generation Gundam.

I assume that at some point, Exia will be destroyed, and Setsuna will pilot the new Gundam OO, as in, double O. That's probably why the show isn't "zero zero", but "double O". as for GN drives, the butterfly wings are just a fancy GN particle dispersion pattern, probably. I doubt a first generation Gundam would be any fancier than that.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 14:08   Link #47
Terra

Actually, 00F takes place at the same time as the series. 00V takes place in the future. P is for past, V is for variant. I can't remember what F stands for, but I've seen it somewhere.
Old 2007-12-16, 15:12   Link #48
Wal Ouran Leviathan

Fereshte, maybe ?
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 16:42   Link #49
nhoc_kun

we need fact!!! not opinion...

Quote:
assume that at some point, Exia will be destroyed, and Setsuna will pilot the new Gundam OO, as in, double O. That's probably why the show isn't "zero zero", but "double O".
This is the OO series, not seed... so yea, I don't think they going to let Setsuna pilot the new Gundam OO that you trying to say, just like Kira, Shin, Ray, etc... got their replacement Gundam... Well, you have your point, but I expect something new in this series...

Quote:
as for GN drives, the butterfly wings are just a fancy GN particle dispersion pattern, probably. I doubt a first generation Gundam would be any fancier than that.
Well, CB could have something fancy like that butterfly wings... but they just dont need it to handle thos regular MS. And the reason why that happened in the first eps... I think it's important to use that gundam because of Setsuna, after been chosen as a gundam meister, they need to protect him with something fancy like that prototype... this is only eps 11, so yea... let's see wat happen next...
Old 2007-12-16, 17:13   Link #50
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
This is the OO series, not seed... so yea, I don't think they going to let Setsuna pilot the new Gundam OO that you trying to say, just like Kira, Shin, Ray, etc... got their replacement Gundam... Well, you have your point, but I expect something new in this series...
and Camille and Judai and Uso and Shiro and Kou...and Garrod and Heero and Domon.

and I'm ignoring several dozen side characters and antagonists with upgraded suits. Long story short: there's been a mid-season upgrade in every gundam television series save for the original and turn A, and the majority of non-tv animation works and gundam stories in other mediums tend to have an upgrade of some sort too. it's going to happen, they've got models to sell. Get used to it.
Old 2007-12-16, 17:37   Link #51
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
so...what are the previous generation of gundam engines called? I mean the GNYs aren't battery powered or anything, right?
AFAIK they just take the GN Drives out and put them into newer units. The same probably happened with the O Gundam's GN Drive.

But for example, Sadalsuud and Plutone aren't equipped with the GN Drive, and that can be seen in the designs themselves (no green orb in the chest).
Old 2007-12-16, 17:38   Link #52
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
1. Either the technology or method to make the GN drives are lost.

2. The materials required to make a GN drive are rare and extremely hard to come by.

I doubt money's an issue. I mean they live on some remote asteroid in outer space.

Quote:
and I'm ignoring several dozen side characters and antagonists with upgraded suits. Long story short: there's been a mid-season upgrade in every gundam television series save for the original and turn A, and the majority of non-tv animation works and gundam stories in other mediums tend to have an upgrade of some sort too. it's going to happen, they've got models to sell. Get used to it.
Well we got 2 seasons for Gundam 00 so obviously by the second season there's going to be a major overhaul of the gundams.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 17:54   Link #53
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
That's not from 00F =P
00F takes place in the future, after 00, and 00P takes place in the past. I assume F is is Future, P is Past. The Gundam in that scene is Gundam O, which hasn't been shown in either F or P. P deals with the second generation of Gundams, and O is a first generation Gundam.
00F is actually the sidestory taking place alongside 00.
00P is the one taking place in the past, and 00V is the one taking place in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Ouran Leviathan View Post
Fereshte, maybe ?
That's correct actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
They have a series, that is plaing in the future? Doesn't this spoil the current story?
00V looks back at the Gundam and mobile suit variations of 00 from the perspective of the three power blocs, basically much like a history lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
BTW, did they explain, why they only have 4 GN-Drives?
They have 8 actually. However, all of those have been allocated for use by the Gundams. 4 are with the 3rd Gen Gundams we know (Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Virtue/Nadleeh) and 4 more are with Fereshte (for the Gundams Astraea, Plutone, Sadalsuud and the yet unrevealed GNY-003).

IIRC, there's supposed to be 10 GN Drives in existence, which if true would warrant the question of the whereabouts of the other 2.

Quote:
But for example, Sadalsuud and Plutone aren't equipped with the GN Drive, and that can be seen in the designs themselves (no green orb in the chest).
Both the Sadalssud and the Plutone DO have GN Drives. If lack of the green orb is indicative of lack of GN Drive, then the Dynames, which has a similar chest design to its prototype, also doesn't have one, which we know is not the case (both the Dynames and Sadalsuud have their orbs covered by armor. Both these MS have the rear GN Drive 'Cones' on their back, which should be indicative of their presence.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 18:36   Link #54
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
AFAIK they just take the GN Drives out and put them into newer units. The same probably happened with the O Gundam's GN Drive.

ah, so you just think there's only 4 gn drives, its not from a magazine interview or anything. -_-

yeah, they're definitely not taking the GN drives out and putting them into new ones, otherwise the astrea, Sadalsuud, whatever GNY-003 is named and Plutone wouldn't be in use right now. I also seem to recall something about the Astrea's GN drive making huge leaps over the first generation drive in use in the O in terms of output control and so forth, so I'd assume each generation features a new engine model.

I'm sure we can all agree the Solar furnaces aren't particularly easy to make, but clearly they can be produced more than a few times.
Old 2007-12-16, 19:04   Link #55
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They have 8 actually. However, all of those have been allocated for use by the Gundams. 4 are with the 3rd Gen Gundams we know (Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Virtue/Nadleeh) and 4 more are with Fereshte (for the Gundams Astraea, Plutone, Sadalsuud and the yet unrevealed GNY-003).

IIRC, there's supposed to be 10 GN Drives in existence, which if true would warrant the question of the whereabouts of the other 2.
Powering HQ, perhaps? (Either that or HQ is nuclear powered or something, since large solar array would be obvious) Or possibly they're for in-development Gundams...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 19:09   Link #56
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Gundam OO will use TWO GN drives for DOUBLE THE POWER
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 19:11   Link #57
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Excellent episode. This is the type of Gundam I wanted.

Quote:
00F is actually the sidestory taking place alongside 00.
00P is the one taking place in the past, and 00V is the one taking place in the future.
How far into the future is V?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 21:20   Link #58
nhoc_kun

After 3 consecutive posts of different Gundam 00 side story, here a post that give you all a brief descriptions on the respective side stories.
Mobile Suit Gundam 00V
- Debuts in the December issue of Hobby Japan
- Mecha commentary + short stories + scratch built models
- The main character opposes Celestial Being
- Story setting is in the Future where the protagonist looks back to before and after 00’s story
- Depicts mecha seen by the protagonist as well as ones he created himself
Writer: Tomohiro Chiba
Mecha Design: Kanetake Ebikawa, Takayuki Yanase, Kenji Teraoka, Hitoshi Fukuchi
Character Design: Taraku Uon
Supervision: Sunrise
Mobile Suit Gundam 00P
- Begins in the December issue of Dengeki Hobby
- Mecha commentary + short stories + scratch built models
- Relative to 00’s story, depicts the past, with all sorts of prototype mecha appearing
Mobile Suit Gundam 00F
- Begins in the December issue of Gundam Ace
- Manga by Koichi Tokita
- Story takes place concurrently as 00’s

via[Gunota]
Old 2007-12-16, 21:56   Link #59
nhoc_kun

GN-001/hs-A01 Gundam Avalanche Exia

Spoiler:

GNY-001 Gundam Astraea (Pilot: Chall Acoustica) & GNY-004 Gundam Plutone (Pilot: Fon Speak)

Spoiler:

GNY-002 Gundam Sadalsuud

Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-16, 22:10   Link #60
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
ah, so you just think there's only 4 gn drives, its not from a magazine interview or anything. -_-
I remembered wrong. Gundam 00P specifically states that there are only five GN Drives (even though 10 Gundams were planned), but perhaps they completed more afterwards.

LoweGear, where is your info coming from?

Quote:
Both the Sadalssud and the Plutone DO have GN Drives. If lack of the green orb is indicative of lack of GN Drive, then the Dynames, which has a similar chest design to its prototype, also doesn't have one, which we know is not the case (both the Dynames and Sadalsuud have their orbs covered by armor. Both these MS have the rear GN Drive 'Cones' on their back, which should be indicative of their presence.
As seen in the above post, neither the Sadalssud nor the Plutone have the cones on their backs. Dynames's green orb IS visible, just mostly covered. There doesn't seem to be ANYTHING on Plutone (I guess there's SOMETHING hidden on Sadalsuud though).

I've only skimmed through the first chapter of Gundam 00F though, so perhaps I missed something there.