AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-14, 11:11   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In addition, base on recent track records there's a good chance for an original ending... Maybe even an opening for a second season?
Old 2008-08-14, 14:07   Link #62
feRfe

looks good, but you never know with a series so far stretched. might just be facepalm
Old 2008-08-25, 06:54   Link #63
kasumiku

hi all, i'm the TL for toaru majutsu no Index. Thank you for pointing out all the mistakes and discrepancies which i made during the course of translating the material.

It will get better, and chap 8 will contain even lesser mistakes or NO MISTAKES AT ALL and irregularities(difficult sometimes since some phrases are very colloquial and difficult to translate to english) nevertheless i'll try my best so everyone could enjoy Toaru Majutsu No Index

Kasumiku
Old 2008-08-25, 09:19   Link #64
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasumiku View Post
hi all, i'm the TL for toaru majutsu no Index. Thank you for pointing out all the mistakes and discrepancies which i made during the course of translating the material.

It will get better, and chap 8 will contain even lesser mistakes or NO MISTAKES AT ALL and irregularities(difficult sometimes since some phrases are very colloquial and difficult to translate to english) nevertheless i'll try my best so everyone could enjoy Toaru Majutsu No Index

Kasumiku
This is the thread for the anime, if you were looking for the manga thread, it's here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68012.

Well, despite my complaints, I DO very much appreciate you translating the manga in the first place. It's good to hear that there won't be as many mistakes as the previous couple of chapters(not counting chap 7, cuz that was ok). If it's only a couple, it doesn't really bother me.

Last edited by frubam; 2008-08-28 at 22:14.
Old 2008-08-28, 04:09   Link #65
elroid

found something intresting...

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/sc...ku/item198096/
Old 2008-08-28, 06:25   Link #66
elroid

sorry, i copied the text directly from the one i posted into aru kagaku no railgun. there u go

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/sc...ku/item198096/
Old 2008-08-28, 20:39   Link #67
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

magical high school + fanservice + magic shounenesque fighting (with power levels!) + lots of small bits of out-of-context western mythology/history thrown in at random + amnesiac moemoe "nun" in the standard magical girlfriend outta nowhere role?

yeah this is going to be pretty horrible
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2008-08-29, 07:16   Link #68
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
magical high school + fanservice + magic shounenesque fighting (with power levels!) + lots of small bits of out-of-context western mythology/history thrown in at random + amnesiac moemoe "nun" in the standard magical girlfriend outta nowhere role?

yeah this is going to be pretty horrible
You're kidding, right? This is probably going to be one of the most popular anime.
Old 2008-08-29, 10:50   Link #69
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
This is probably going to be one of the most popular anime.
that does not, however, mean that it is going to be good
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2008-08-29, 15:50   Link #70
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You're kidding, right? This is probably going to be one of the most popular anime.
That'd be nice. And yet at the same time, so lonely~...

Quote:
Unless JC Staff screws up, it will be good.

If they need to rape a series next season, I seriously hope they do Toradora. Putting personal feelings aside, Toradora would suffer the least from novel raping because it is pretty much daily life and such, while this is one of those fantasy types that have all kinds of descriptions or explanations...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-08-29, 16:36   Link #71
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If they need to rape a series next season, I seriously hope they do Toradora. Putting personal feelings aside, Toradora would suffer the least from novel raping because it is pretty much daily life and such, while this is one of those fantasy types that have all kinds of descriptions or explanations...
Seconded.

I don't really see how they can screw that one up though. It's more or less eye candy and noise.
If it turns out to be bad I think I'm going to go watch it; out of sheer curiosity for how they failed it.

Quote:
Do characters go ape-shit in mid-plot? yes.
Over the top nonsense abilities and powers? yes.
Do we have long useless non-logical dialogue? yes.
Nonsense characters? checked.

Yup, the kids are going to love it! (= popular)

Now lets move on to talking if it has potential to be good.
Old 2008-08-29, 21:08   Link #72
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
BY most accounts the light novels are good, of course this being j.c staff....
Old 2008-08-30, 02:20   Link #73
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
BY most accounts the light novels are good, of course this being j.c staff....
im sorry that the point i was trying to make in my first post went so far over your head but i was trying to imply (without saying it straight out) that the people who like shows/novels like this one have terrible taste, hope this helps clarify the situation

now im going to get in trouble with the moderators though, damn you :[

Old 2008-08-30, 02:43   Link #74
Same_Shark

Quote:
im sorry that the point i was trying to make in my first post went so far over your head but i was trying to imply (without saying it straight out) that the people who like shows/novels like this one have terrible taste, hope this helps clarify the situation

No you're not because you're not being rude. Nothing wrong with stating your opinion. That's the point of forums. Relax! It's all good.
Old 2008-08-30, 22:20   Link #75
ramlaen

Quote:

thats the problem there, with how not everyone likes the same stuff

but its easier to hurr durr isnt it
Old 2008-09-08, 12:58   Link #76
Midonin
Last Engage

Small but important update: According to Moonphase, Toaru begins on October 4th at 25:35.

Lots of stuff on Saturday this upcoming season.
Old 2008-09-08, 15:09   Link #77
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Small but important update: According to Moonphase, Toaru begins on October 4th at 25:35.

Lots of stuff on Saturday this upcoming season.
( ゚д゚) ・・・

(つд⊂)ゴシゴシ

(;゚д゚) ・・・

(つд⊂)ゴシゴシゴシ

Σ(;゚Д゚) …!?
キタ━━━━━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━━━━━━!!
Yes! Yes! Yes!

--

Putting that aside, other voices:

Tsuchimikado Motoharu - Katsu Anri
Tsukuyomi Komoe - Koyama Kimiko
Shirai Kuroko - Arai Satomi

First episode: 学園都市 (Academy City/Any other valid translation)

Since that hentai siscon is going to appear, I guess we can be certain that volume 4 is going to be animated... As far as I've read, don't really like that guy... And what is with that "nya--"... ( -_-)

Still missing Aisa and the other vol.2 characters (haha, as expected of the air volume who can't even make it to the manga), blue-hair pierce, and Misaka Imouto... I guess.

Another thing I wonder is if the anime will be as gruesome as the novel sometimes is... or will they take soften out some scenes like the manga...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-09-08, 17:28   Link #78
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Another thing I wonder is if the anime will be as gruesome as the novel sometimes is... or will they take soften out some scenes like the manga...
It seems like anime companies have been doing a lot of censoring a lot lately. I remember when anime was hardcore on the violence, but I guess it has to do with a lot of the events that have occured in Japan in the last few years.
Old 2008-09-09, 01:05   Link #79
elroid

I kinda hope the story will reach volume 5 of the novel, because it will be kinda reasonable to finish the 1st season by ending toma's school holiday.

Well, at least from the trailer we can know that volume 1-3 story is out for sure...
Old 2008-09-12, 16:24   Link #80
Same_Shark

The OP is called "PSI-missing" and as you know, it's by Mami Kawada.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen