AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-14, 16:13   Link #1
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
ACEN Licenses

Coming in realtime now

Psybuster, Tsukihime (3 vols), Saiyuki Reload, and Stellvia on 8 discs (metal box) late September.

More stuff later!
Old 2004-05-14, 17:18   Link #2
Griffith

About time they announced Tsukihime, heh. I find it kinda odd that Geneon licensed Saiyuki Reload though, considering ADV has the original Saiyuki. You'd think that they would pick its sequel up, too. *shrug*
Old 2004-05-14, 17:49   Link #3
Silver_Scorcher

Not that I really care about Saiyuki RELOAD, I just find it odd that Geneon would license the second season and not ADV. Next thing you know, you have other U.S distro's licensing Gravion Zwei and FMP Fumoffu after ADV license's the first season of each of those series'. Maybe the first season of Saiyuki wasn't selling well on this side, and ADV wasn't in any rush to license RELOAD. It's merely an observation. I'm surprised FMP Fumoffu hasn't been licensed yet. It's proven itself a popular commodity on the fansub market. But considering what has happened with Saiyuki RELOAD someone other than ADV might get it. I guess the only explanation for this one is there's a serious bidding war between ADV and other distro's over the rights of Fumoffu. Personally I hope ADV gets it, simply because I loved the DUB for the first season.
Old 2004-05-14, 17:58   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

If they get licensed by different company, can they use the same voice actor for the dub? Or does voice actors contract only for specific company? how does it work?
Old 2004-05-14, 18:02   Link #5
FlyByNite

Whooo, I want my Tsukihime dvd!
Old 2004-05-14, 18:09   Link #6
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
If they get licensed by different company, can they use the same voice actor for the dub? Or does voice actors contract only for specific company? how does it work?
It depends on what studio it is. In the case of Saiyuki, the actors for RELOAD will be completely different from that of the 1st season. See, ADV has there own studios (Industrial Smoke and Mirrors & Monster Island) which are strictly for there own use. In the case of Geneon & Bandai, they sometimes use the same studio/actors for there DUBS. Like Crispin Freeman, who was cast in Chobits (Geneon) and S-cry-ed (Bandai). If FMP Fumoffu were to be licensed by anyone other than ADV, the English actors would be completely different from that of FMP.

Last edited by Silver_Scorcher; 2004-05-14 at 18:21.
Old 2004-05-14, 18:34   Link #7
linuxguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Whooo, I want my Tsukihime dvd!
I wonder how well Tsukihime will do over here. I gave up on it after 3 episodes when it became apparent that playing the game first was a requirement for understanding the anime.
Old 2004-05-14, 18:40   Link #8
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxguru
I wonder how well Tsukihime will do over here. I gave up on it after 3 episodes when it became apparent that playing the game first was a requirement for understanding the anime.
What are you talking about. I have never played the game before and I was totally absorbed watching that show. I watched the entire series nonstop because I keep wanting to know what's going to happen next.
Old 2004-05-14, 18:40   Link #9
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

I thought Stellvia licensing had already been announced? Was it announced again? Or am I on crack?
Old 2004-05-14, 18:44   Link #10
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
You gave up too early. Like most stories, you have to watch the show and wait for all the mysteries to be revealed and answered. The game was a low distribution H-Game, a couple years old. They could not have expected more than a very small number of people watching the show to have played the game.

And Stellvia was announced, they were just revealing more information on the release, namely the 8 disc count and metal case, and there was some further information that still has to be confirmed.
Old 2004-05-14, 18:54   Link #11
linuxguru

Quote:
What are you talking about. I have never played the game before and I was totally absorbed watching that show. I watched the entire series nonstop because I keep wanting to know what's going to happen next.
That's how it seemed to me and people I've spoken to who've played the game have agreed. It's not enough for me to just watch one cool scene after another and call that a story. That's all Tsukihime amounts to if you if you haven't played the game it was made from.
Old 2004-05-14, 19:01   Link #12
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Quote:
That's how it seemed to me and people I've spoken to who've played the game have agreed. It's not enough for me to just watch one cool scene after another and call that a story. That's all Tsukihime amounts to if you if you haven't played the game it was made from.
I totally disagree with you, until this day I stil haven't play any Tsukihime games at all. And I stil find Tsukihime really interesting show with a good story and plot. And I recomend it for it's originality.
Old 2004-05-14, 19:23   Link #13
ShinDragon

Actually..... if you played the TsukiHime game first, then you would find the anime's story is kinda disappointing.

But.... if you never played the game before, you'll enjoy the anime alot.
Old 2004-05-14, 19:56   Link #14
linuxguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
You gave up too early. Like most stories, you have to watch the show and wait for all the mysteries to be revealed and answered. The game was a low distribution H-Game, a couple years old. They could not have expected more than a very small number of people watching the show to have played the game.
Maybe so but if I watch more than a quarter of the episodes I start feeling obligated to buy the show. If I watch the entire thing I *AM* obligated to buy it. So if I'm not getting anywhere with a series I tend to bail out after that point. Usually I've seen enough to make me want to keep watching it but not this time.

I thought the game or at least the game's world was better known. It seemed popular enough to let the authors turn pro.
Old 2004-05-14, 20:21   Link #15
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
It depends on what studio it is. In the case of Saiyuki, the actors for RELOAD will be completely different from that of the 1st season. See, ADV has there own studios (Industrial Smoke and Mirrors & Monster Island) which are strictly for there own use. In the case of Geneon & Bandai, they sometimes use the same studio/actors for there DUBS. Like Crispin Freeman, who was cast in Chobits (Geneon) and S-cry-ed (Bandai). If FMP Fumoffu were to be licensed by anyone other than ADV, the English actors would be completely different from that of FMP.
Manga has use IS&M before so I don't see why Geneon can't use them.

I will laugh out loud if bandai gets gunlock.

Funny I heard lot of people say Geneon licensed Reload for avenge against ADV for taking Nurse Witch Komugi-chan. lol

Last edited by BanditKing; 2004-05-14 at 21:12.
Old 2004-05-14, 20:29   Link #16
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Well it could also means, ADV has another series in mind better than Reload maybe. Geneon on the other hand I find it very varietive lately. I remember it picked up Hundred Stories not a long time ago.
Old 2004-05-14, 20:32   Link #17
BanditKing

Quote:
Well it could also means, ADV has another series in mind better than Reload maybe. Geneon on the other hand I find it very varietive lately. I remember it picked up Hundred Stories not a long time ago.
We will find that out tomorrow when ADV panel start
Old 2004-05-14, 20:37   Link #18
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Coming in realtime now

Psybuster, Tsukihime (3 vols), Saiyuki Reload, and Stellvia on 8 discs (metal box) late September.
Psybuster? What's that? Sounds 80's...
Old 2004-05-14, 20:41   Link #19
ShinDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Psybuster? What's that? Sounds 80's...
This is Psybuster. It's not from the 80's. It came out during 1999~2000.
It's doesn't have the same characters from The SRW's Psybuster and it doesn't have anything to do with the Super Nintendo's "Masou Kishin Psybuster - The Lord of The Elements".
Which is kinda disappointing.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html...word=Psybuster
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=2547
Not much info about it...

Last edited by ShinDragon; 2004-05-14 at 20:53.
Old 2004-05-14, 23:36   Link #20
BanditKing

Here the full report of Geneon at ACEN. here

One thing thats interest me is this paragraph.

Quote:
Regarding bootlegs and piracy, Mr Chu remarked that Japanese companies are beginning to recognize the negative impact pirated anime and soundtracks are having on anime sales in the U.S.
I wonder are they going after bootlegs now?Since it should have been done long ago.
Closed Thread