AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 18:22   Link #37721
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
Welcome to the board Andarkoshi. It's a pleasure to have a new face around here.

As for your mortality... We'll be as gentle as we can. XD

But joking aside, there are quite a few members here who will be more than willing to help your writing if that's a concern. Lord only knows how my own stuff would have turned out without the help I got.
You sure will [full of sarcasm]

Well it's not the writing itself that I'm worried about but the content... it involves a lot of trauma for the characters... On the bright side, I put little Nanoha in a maid outfit and she is working for Tsukimuras.
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 18:30   Link #37722
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
You sure will [full of sarcasm]
I can be gentle! Sometimes. Maybe... Sorta...
Quote:
Well it's not the writing itself that I'm worried about but the content... it involves a lot of trauma for the characters... On the bright side, I put little Nanoha in a maid outfit and she is working for Tsukimuras.
Ahh. Trauma can be quite the useful plot point. I'm rather curious as to what you have in mind. Not only on the trauma angle, but also the maid outfit. I would only caution to avoid grimderp.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:42   Link #37723
Andarkoshi

Quote:
I can be gentle! Sometimes. Maybe... Sorta...

Ahh. Trauma can be quite the useful plot point. I'm rather curious as to what you have in mind. Not only on the trauma angle, but also the maid outfit. I would only caution to avoid grimderp.
Okay I won't be beating around the bush...
The story involves Emiya Shirou from Fate/Stay Night, much older Emiya Shirou who abandoned his ideals and began to live in Uminari City. One night when he was minding his business, walking down a street and snarking at his smartass device it started raining girls. Or to be more specific one girl, a cute blond little girl clad in clothing Most inappropriate for her young age.
The girl was hurt, Badly, internal damage, broken bones, not much of a chance to live for more than a few hours without proper medical care. After agonizing about whether to help her or not he finally decided in favour of saving her.
And that's the beginning of the story for Shirou and Fate Testarossa.
If you want a little spoiler... Fate is actually Shirou's biological daughter in story.... as much as Alicia is.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:42   Link #37724
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Worried about character trauma? Spoken like someone who doesn't know about RadiantBeam or deathcurse. :k
Old 2013-04-06, 18:44   Link #37725
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Worried about character trauma? Spoken like someone who doesn't know about RadiantBeam or deathcurse. :k
Well being a newbie to this forum I'm excused for not knowing them... and I already fear them...
Old 2013-04-06, 18:49   Link #37726
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Well being a newbie to this forum I'm excused for not knowing them... and I already fear them...
As well you should. XD

And that story idea? I have but this to say:

I am really looking forward to it.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:53   Link #37727
Andarkoshi

Quote:
As well you should. XD

And that story idea? I have but this to say:

I am really looking forward to it.
Gilgamesh approves... I can't decide whether I'm happy or traumatized... Still my words feel kinda empty without a contribution, so I'll post a little something

Spoiler for Story:

Last edited by Andarkoshi; 2013-04-16 at 05:53.
Old 2013-04-06, 19:15   Link #37728
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Welcome Andarkoshi even if I'm not the bert person to say it, as I haven't posted any writings of mine here :P

Quick advice: please separate your paragraphs with a single blank line, like this very post.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 19:18   Link #37729
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
Welcome Andarkoshi even if I'm not the bert person to say it, as I haven't posted any writings of mine here :P

Quick advice: please separate your paragraphs with a single blank line, like this very post.
Thanks for the advice :-)
Old 2013-04-06, 23:54   Link #37730
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Andarkoshi... Hold on one second...
Hubikoshi, that you? What the hell are you doing here you Eldritch Abomination?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 00:12   Link #37731
mega1987
GregOS Offline

hm... since the only person I'm looking forward for updates got sealed off from the MGLN thread... I'll be quiet for a long time till he is unsealed...

nice knowing you guys. with the exception of two persons.

Cya, till the unforseen future. But I might entertain some PMs and public msg on my account.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 05:37   Link #37732
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Andarkoshi... Hold on one second...
Hubikoshi, that you? What the hell are you doing here you Eldritch Abomination?

[folds his tentacles in front of his chest and fumes] Tch, an Eldritch Abomination can't even join a forum without being accused of Planning something. This is discrimination! Just because I have fondness for messing with time-space continuum and mind-raping it doesn't mean I'm always up to something!
Old 2013-04-07, 07:11   Link #37733
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
[folds his tentacles in front of his chest and fumes] Tch, an Eldritch Abomination can't even join a forum without being accused of Planning something. This is discrimination! Just because I have fondness for messing with time-space continuum and mind-raping it doesn't mean I'm always up to something!
An Eldritch Abomination who is Hayate's Perverted pet.

*Imagines Andarkoshi doing what his meister hayate ordered him to to: to "Play" with her and her friends*

*shivers.*

that's it... I'm bailing before anything else comes along....

*Then Levi the Slasher join in at Hayate's "fun"*
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 07:52   Link #37734
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
An Eldritch Abomination who is Hayate's Perverted pet.

*Imagines Andarkoshi doing what his meister hayate ordered him to to: to "Play" with her and her friends*

*shivers.*

that's it... I'm bailing before anything else comes along....

*Then Levi the Slasher join in at Hayate's "fun"*
And then Hayate would drag Dearche along despite vehement tsun protests

Oh yes the THINGS I would do to the girls. The terrible, decadent things!

I would *his tentacles begin to weave in the air in excitement* put them all in the cutest of cosplays made by Tohsaka Sakura and then take pictures! As per Hayate-sama's orders!
Old 2013-04-07, 08:52   Link #37735
Hoki
Professor Lech

First, I want to say hello, as this will be my formal introduction to this fanfic thread

I'm Hoki... and that's about it.

Hope everyone here can help me with my works
Old 2013-04-07, 08:58   Link #37736
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoki View Post
First, I want to say hello, as this will be my formal introduction to this fanfic thread

Not really my place to say it but welcome

[checks the avatar, checks the title, checks the signature]

I'm looking forward to the contributions :-3
Old 2013-04-07, 09:14   Link #37737
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
Not really my place to say it but welcome

[checks the avatar, checks the title, checks the signature]

I'm looking forward to the contributions :-3
Thanks, Mr. Tentacle monster.

They're more like ideas at the moment, since I don't know how to start them yet.
Old 2013-04-08, 01:28   Link #37738
vic-vic

Hm, it's so lonely without Nanya here.

Well, i think I'd posted first part of Stage 2 here.

Stage 1 lay here.

Spoiler for Road to Camelot, part 2:

I can't believe it take me 6 weeks to write a 5 pages.. Damn you that lazyness of mine!

But describing Britannia Uminari was fun, for some reason.

Last edited by vic-vic; 2013-09-05 at 13:33.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 04:21   Link #37739
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Anyways, for the lulz...again.
http://pastebin.com/2Eb50XBv
Lindy died... T_T

Y-you monster.

Yuuno being a ear-bunny lawyer is kind of fun. And it's strange that Chrono was not able to sense Nanoha's magic potential.

Though, what's with the Ferret if Human Yuuno is already there?

Quote:
Oh dear... I made an account but I'm too scared to really say anything...
Well let me just say that it is a pleasure to meet you all and I'll be in your care... and considering the kind of stuff I'll probably post PLEASE don't kill me...
I'm quite at welcoming you to our humble adobe, but oh well... welcome to the animesukiforums, new-comer. I hope you enjoy your stay in the forums, where people can debate and post stories to their heart's content.

And don't worry, the people here don't bite... The muses will...

Quote:
The story involves Emiya Shirou from Fate/Stay Night, much older Emiya Shirou who abandoned his ideals and began to live in Uminari City. One night when he was minding his business, walking down a street and snarking at his smartass device it started raining girls. Or to be more specific one girl, a cute blond little girl clad in clothing Most inappropriate for her young age.
The girl was hurt, Badly, internal damage, broken bones, not much of a chance to live for more than a few hours without proper medical care. After agonizing about whether to help her or not he finally decided in favour of saving her.
If you want a little spoiler... Fate is actually Shirou's biological daughter in story.... as much as Alicia is.
How it that plausible?

Time traveling? And who in the world did Alicia inherited her red eyes, and golden hair?

Just make the story, and make it believable to the readers as much as you possibly can. *raising the "Fund it" sign as high as possible.
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 04:45   Link #37740
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coin View Post
How it that plausible?
It's a Nanoha/FSN fic. Anything's plausible.

Quote:
And who in the world did Alicia inherited her red eyes, and golden hair?
Biology is freaking weird when it comes to surprises, but at least in the eye color department I agree with you.

Quote:
Just make the story, and make it believable to the readers as much as you possibly can. *raising the "Fund it" sign as high as possible.
I'd also add to make sure you go from A>B>C instead of doing the writing equivalent of quantum tunneling and going straight from A>C. That B point helps flesh out C and is how characterization is done correctly. Otherwise you've got effects without actual causes. And for the love of god, whatever you do, be consistent and obey your own rules/logic. The last thing you want to do is write another Imagine Breaker or mind rape your readers via horrible, out of nowhere logic that leaves them scrambling to figure out what just happened and how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Shush, you fool. Do you want our beloved characters to be tortured and mutilated even further than they already have been by those two?

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. RB is off busy in Beast's Lair and doesn't seem interested in AS anymore, and I haven't seen dc around for at least several months. But you should go look up their stories on ff.net anyway. They're good examples of writing, and the character trauma is unrivaled.

Quote:
You and I obviously haven't met.

Quote:

I can already tell you'll fit right in.

Quote:
They're more like ideas at the moment, since I don't know how to start them yet.
I'd actually suggest doing random one shots of nothing in particular to start you off. Not only do they get you acclimated to the flow and ordering of a chapter, if/when you post them, we can help iron out any major writing or plotting problems early on instead of in the middle of a major fic project.

Because at least one certain person totally didn't need a sledgehammer to the head more than once to fix his problems once he'd gotten into the habit of committing them. I won't mention any mineral-related names.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2013-04-08 at 04:56.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha