AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 07:16   Link #20961
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I am not!
To which part were you objecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's just that characters who suffer are far, far more interesting than characters who are happy. The latter is comedy, and while we do have that, that's not really what this VN is supposed to be about.
So... to quote Evangeline, "Happy people are all the same, it's the sad people who are different." or something like that.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 07:40   Link #20962
Jintor

Oh man

If I ever return to this I am going to get so depressed

Honestly I hate that kind of fiction
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 10:11   Link #20963
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
So... to quote Evangeline, "Happy people are all the same, it's the sad people who are different." or something like that.
"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." - Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina (the first line in the novel)
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 10:20   Link #20964
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." - Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina (the first line in the novel)
Exactly. I believe it was even shown Eva reading that book.

PP:
Well, changing the subject for a while (and backing to the rewrites), Mitsuuru have been writen as way more confrontational then Mikuru, which is cool, as it fit very well to him. In most storys this wouldn't change to much from canon, as most Itsuki's theorys are told in private to Kyon (being Mikuru the most clueless character). However, in Sighs Itsuki call a reunion with everybody. In canon Yuki just ignored him and Mikuru stayed quiet, however, I suppose Mitsuuru wouldn't be stay silent. With who Kyonko would side then? And would Mitsuuru call a private discussion with Kyon latter with he already exposed his oppinion?

More important then that is how it would effect their relation latter. In the VN Mitsuuru has a big enmity with Itsuko. How it would be in the genderbended novels? Which storys would be effected? I wonder if Haruki would ever notice such hostility on his brigade and how he would react...

...Oh, lord. How are going the rewrite again? I remember someone saying it had writen something and send to Kaisos... how it this end? I also remember said person (whose nick I forgot because I have a goldfish memory) saying he didn't felt too confident to work on BLR... but most important parts were already writen by Kaisos (even if by another POV). Also, I believe dkellis is working on it right? (he said so, at last) Even if he is working for more then a year.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-11-03 at 11:49.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 16:16   Link #20965
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
More important then that is how it would effect their relation latter. In the VN Mitsuuru has a big enmity with Itsuko. How it would be in the genderbended novels? Which storys would be effected? I wonder if Haruki would ever notice such hostility on his brigade and how he would react...
Any animosity between Mitsuuru and Itsuko would not be on display in front of Haruki. After all, Haruki is supposed to believe Mitsuuru is completely effeminate, while Itsuko won't do anything to upset Haruki.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 16:22   Link #20966
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Since Kyon's a homophobe, how about a hallucination of the love story with a shy, introverted Yuuki.
That's...

Why do I seem to like this idea more than HarukiXKyon?

OH RIGHT BECAUSE HARUKI'S SOCIAL SKILLS AND PERSONALITY SUCK LOLOLOLOL
Old 2009-11-03, 16:24   Link #20967
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Any animosity between Mitsuuru and Itsuko would not be on display in front of Haruki. After all, Haruki is supposed to believe Mitsuuru is completely effeminate, while Itsuko won't do anything to upset Haruki.
Why is Haruki suppose to believe Mitsuuru is completely effeminate? I believe he thinks Mitsuuru is somewhat like that because Mitsuuru is. Mitsuuru probably cower more when near to Haruki because Haruki is bigger, stronger and more powerfull, not because he was ordered to. He might have ordered to obey him blindly (so don't upseting the uber-powerful beeing), but can't see why he needs to appear so weak.
Old 2009-11-03, 16:52   Link #20968
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

So he has a "project," of course.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-11-03, 17:15   Link #20969
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
So he has a "project," of course.
Eeeeh, what? Project?
Old 2009-11-03, 17:19   Link #20970
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Making him manly... duh.
Old 2009-11-03, 17:43   Link #20971
Heatth

Ah, so, Haruki would be proud if Mitsuuru demonstred some guts, for a change. My point is Mitsuuru might act more cowardly near to Haruki, but not by imposition. He acts like that because it is how he is.
Old 2009-11-04, 01:04   Link #20972
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I'm ALIVE, and not missed.....

ANYways...What happened in the last week that I was dead for?

And something slightly relevant, What is Mitsuuru? not looking for the time-traveler answer. Yeah, I can't think straight enough to ask decent questions anymore...

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 01:45   Link #20973
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Mitsuuru is an upperclassman that is usually forced into ridiculous outfits by Haruki.
Old 2009-11-04, 01:58   Link #20974
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
I'm ALIVE, and not missed.....

ANYways...What happened in the last week that I was dead for?

And something slightly relevant, What is Mitsuuru? not looking for the time-traveler answer. Yeah, I can't think straight enough to ask decent questions anymore...
Last week? Hmmm, We didn't do too much. Kaisos and I disscussed about Mitsuuru and Mikuru, begining here. (this is older then a week, but the discussion extended a bit) scify posted two edits. A wide new member has appeared. We also discussed a bit about the game, including the menu and which job slots need to be filled.

That is it, I guess. Nothing important.

Oh, Kaisos mentioned he would resume work today. I don't know if he had made much pregress, as I have been bothering him on the msn.
Old 2009-11-04, 02:05   Link #20975
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Last week? Hmmm, We didn't do too much. Kaisos and I disscussed about Mitsuuru and Mikuru, begining here. (this is older then a week, but the discussion extended a bit) scify posted two edits. A wide new member has appeared. We also discussed a bit about the game, including the menu and which job slots need to be filled.

That is it, I guess. Nothing important.

Oh, Kaisos mentioned he would resume work today. I don't know if he had made much pregress, as I have been bothering him on the msn.
Is it hard to talk in links like that?
Old 2009-11-04, 02:10   Link #20976
Heatth

It is. You could see, with the quote, how big the post appeared to be. No to mention the time I spend looking for the right posts.
Old 2009-11-04, 03:18   Link #20977
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
It is. You could see, with the quote, how big the post appeared to be. No to mention the time I spend looking for the right posts.
lol you must have a lot of free time on your hands XD
Old 2009-11-04, 21:38   Link #20978
GDB

Been gone a while, but noticed that options were discussed a few pages back. Does the template being used support speedtext for later playthroughs?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 02:42   Link #20979
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Been gone a while, but noticed that options were discussed a few pages back. Does the template being used support speedtext for later playthroughs?
As defaut Ren'py made you be able to pass any seen text fastly. Don't need even be in a leter play, if you back in a save you can already do that. Also, more important, you can totaly skip any scene you have aready seen, like in F/SN.
Old 2009-11-05, 04:27   Link #20980
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

We can't have that, can we? People will skip over the fun parts... Of course, I have a different idea of what the "fun parts" are...

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan