AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 19:11   Link #2161
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I understand what you are trying to say but you shouldn't contradict yourself so quickly.
I mean Anti-Mystery and Anti-Fantasy.

It should be impossible to solve the mystery if you only look through one lens; you have to look through both at the same time.

Both are true. Both are essential to solving the mystery.

Quote:
As many people have theorized before we will probably get a Higurashi like truth in the end with both real world and magic world expalnations for everything.
Very likely, yeah. There are more mysteries than just "who killed everyone", after all.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 19:21   Link #2162
~Diru~
SS.VDine full steam ahead

I guess so, that could also explain the letter in the parlor, the culprit waited for them to leave and then placed it, so maybe Genji is the accomplice?
Old 2009-09-18, 21:45   Link #2163
Qilin
Romanticist

I just managed to install EP5 on my computer. I'm glad. Sadly, I can't read Japanese, so the best I can hope for is just looking through the sprites and characters and try to guess what is happening.

My impressions so far:

1. Who's the Bernkastel look-alike in the portrait? I thought she was Bern at first glance, but I noticed that their eye colors differ...

2. Why does the visual novel start in the middle of a game? When the story got to the mansion, some characters were already dead. Did they just skip the long story introduction, and headed straight for the main event?

3. Bernkastel and Lambdadelta are emitting the vibes of being the true villains in the series.

4. Pure speculation from the OP, but I'm guessing that Bern and her look-alike are in conflict somehow.

5. Beato with her hair down... Takes some getting used to...

My questions were rhetorical, so I don't wish for any answers. Spoilers can really ruin my day when it comes to this game... I would have placed this post in the main thread for EP5, but that place is like a minefield of spoilers. For now, the best I can hope for is that the translation project is eventually completed so that my questions can be answered.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 23:26   Link #2164
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well If you don't like spoilers, be aware that playing the game that way is not so different from spoiling yourself ^^;;;

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 23:43   Link #2165
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well If you don't like spoilers, be aware that playing the game that way is not so different from spoiling yourself ^^;;;
Well... I just scanned the the first few parts actually, and I couldn't really understand what was going on. I stopped scanning when the Bern look-alike showed up. I'd say I didn't get much aside from the stuff I mentioned above.

Since the translation will probably take a while, I guess I'll just content myself with collecting good fanarts...
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 00:34   Link #2166
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

IIRC, all locks depicted in Umineko are SLIDE locks.

i.e. it's not a mechanism that keeps the tumblers and slides from inside a lock from working (Like a knob lock) but a mechanism that protrudes a metal bar into a hole in the frame that prevents the door from opening. So, it's impossible in a slide lock situation to open the door, stand outside, lock the door, then close it. If it's a slide lock, the metal bar would come out as it's open and stop the door on the frame.

I don't think Beatrice would make it THAT easy *cacklecacklecackle*
TTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 08:05   Link #2167
Megaolix

Mmm... I've slept a little on Episode 4. I have some thoughts to share.

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Anyone has things to add? If we could clear the last mystery I said... The suspect list would definitely be shorter.
Old 2009-09-19, 08:21   Link #2168
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
But after 6 shots (last for Rosa who tried to attack the culprit), the culprit had to reload and this would be when Gohda and Kumasawa managed to escape
But this doesn't explain why Gohda and Kumasawa didn't tell the name of the assassin and rather came up with such a ridiculous story.

Anyway I've tried to compile all the important info that were disclosed in Ep5 about the epitaph. I've tried to include only the parts that are strictly related to the epitaph, however I couldn't avoid to mention a few things. So read it at your own risk.

Spoiler for episode5 epitaph:

Old 2009-09-19, 08:25   Link #2169
~Diru~

Argh seems like I will have to read a lot theorys ect. after the EP5 translation comes out!
Old 2009-09-19, 08:37   Link #2170
Megaolix

Quote:
But this doesn't explain why Gohda and Kumasawa didn't tell the name of the assassin and rather came up with such a ridiculous story.
True...

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2009-09-19, 08:46   Link #2171
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post
Mmm... I've slept a little on Episode 4. I have some thoughts to share.

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Anyone has things to add? If we could clear the last mystery I said... The suspect list would definitely be shorter.
That's correct. Battler's theory was:
Kinzo's name is passed on as the title of the Ushiromiya family head. Ushiromiya Kinzo was already dead. And he passed 'that name' on to someone else. Everyone acknowledged that. That way, all of those who met at the family conference recognized the existence of Kinzo.

In episode 4 everyone died including the one who found the gold if it was found. This also includes the one used the name Kinzo.

Exactly who was it that used the title of Kinzo? We don't have enough information to answer that yet.
Old 2009-09-19, 08:48   Link #2172
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
True...

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Spoiler for Episode5:

Quote:
Kinzo's name is passed on as the title of the Ushiromiya family head. Ushiromiya Kinzo was already dead. And he passed 'that name' on to someone else. Everyone acknowledged that. That way, all of those who met at the family conference recognized the existence of Kinzo.

In episode 4 everyone died including the one who found the gold if it was found. This also includes the one used the name Kinzo.

Exactly who was it that used the title of Kinzo? We don't have enough information to answer that yet.
That's a blue theory not a red truth. Almost anything that Battler said in that instance is false, there is not telling that this theory is actually correct.

Old 2009-09-19, 08:52   Link #2173
luckyssol

Quote:
That's a blue theory not a red truth. Almost anything that Battler said in that instance is false, there is not telling that this theory is actually correct.
Battler's theory = a theory... I agree with that.
Old 2009-09-19, 08:56   Link #2174
Megaolix

Quote:

That would be the culprit. Remember the 3 gold bars found in the 1st twilight of Episode 2? The culprit already found the gold.

But the culprit doesn't want to survive... As much as we think about the 'who' and 'how', the 'why' is as important too.

Hey... It isn't for revenge, so could it be for benefit instead? If someone is supposed to remain alive, think about it: the police forces will search everywhere on the island for clue. This means the chances fo finding the gold are high. And it would go to the last member of the family.

Battler always die last... Would it be too much to think he snapped and tried to flee by swimming and ultimately drowned? Would explain why he's always missing.

'Without love, it can't be seen' after all...
Old 2009-09-19, 09:06   Link #2175
luckyssol

Quote:
That would be the culprit. Remember the 3 gold bars found in the 1st twilight of Episode 2? The culprit already found the gold.

But the culprit doesn't want to survive... As much as we think about the 'who' and 'how', the 'why' is as important too.

Hey... It isn't for revenge, so could it be for benefit instead? If someone is supposed to remain alive, think about it: the police forces will search everywhere on the island for clue. This means the chances fo finding the gold are high. And it would go to the last member of the family.

Battler always die last... Would it be too much to think he snapped and tried to flee by swimming and ultimately drowned? Would explain why he's always missing.

'Without love, it can't be seen' after all...
Battler was killed by Beatrice in episode 4 so he didn't drown unless Beatrice is the sea surrounding the island.
Old 2009-09-19, 14:39   Link #2176
EndlessNine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Diru~ View Post
I guess so, that could also explain the letter in the parlor, the culprit waited for them to leave and then placed it, so maybe Genji is the accomplice?
Hmm, that's possible. If the culprit is a member of the Ushiromiya family, then if someone told him to put that letter in the palor, probably Genji wouldn't refuse to obey. The only reason that could possibly make Genji refuse would be Kinzo, but I don't think Kinzo has anything against helping "Beatrice".

Quote:
Battler was killed by Beatrice in episode 4 so he didn't drown unless Beatrice is the sea surrounding the island.
Didn't Bernkastel say that Beatrice was the embodiment of the rules of Rokkenjima? If we knew what are those rules, maybe it could be explained. Although I'm not sure how a rule can murder someone. :/
EndlessNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:00   Link #2177
sento

You guys are giving too much credit to something that Bern said in EP1 and not even was mentioned in the anime...
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:00   Link #2178
~Diru~

Hmm as Genji was with Rosa and Battler and left before they entered the parlor again, I wanted to say that Genji lured them to Natsuhi's room.
While they were there, the culprit went into the parlor and placed the letter.
Old 2009-09-19, 15:51   Link #2179
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
You guys are giving too much credit to something that Bern said in EP1 and not even was mentioned in the anime...
Since when was the anime any indication that something was important or not?

In Higurashi season 1 they left out a LOT of important things.
In Higurashi season 2, they did A LOT better but still left out a couple of important things that would've helped explain things better.
In Higurashi season 3 they practically left out Bernkastel all together.

So what would make you think that anything not in the anime of Umineko is automatically unimportant?

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 15:54   Link #2180
Goldsmith

Because Ryukishi is supervising it this time and said that anime watchers could still solve it?
Goldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote