AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 17.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 35.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-29, 19:02   Link #61
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
So just because the Feyris route being shown in anime, this means you're now allowed to post spoilers from the game that tell of alternative Feyris routes? Did it ever cross your mind that some in here have yet to play the game but want to do so eventually?

On another note, something just crossed my mind and started to bother me. Wasn't Kyouma at Feyris' place when he sent the d-mail? Last time Feyris sent the d-mail to '' revive '' his father, Kyouma remained at Feyris' place. Well of course, since while the world changes around you, you should remain where you send the message at, no? So how did Kyouma magically appear on their lab when he sent the d-mail from Feyris' place?
Old 2011-07-29, 19:22   Link #62
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
I think it's more of a convergence thing. Like the rope analogy, the divergences will eventually converge and some major events like Mayuri's death still occurrs. In the same way, people end up with memories from the other divergences.

So it's not really Reading Steiner.
Seems like a bit of a personal variation, though. Now I'm wondering if Ruka and Moeka have the same ability and are aware of the changes they made to the timeline.
Old 2011-07-29, 20:18   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
So just because the Feyris route being shown in anime, this means you're now allowed to post spoilers from the game that tell of alternative Feyris routes?
No, I think we've been very clear in the Spoiler Policy that comparisons to the game must be placed behind clearly marked spoiler tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler Policy
Spoilers are permitted in limited circumstances, provided that they are posted under clearly marked spoiler tags. These exceptions include:
[...]
  • Comparing events in an adaptation to the way they were presented in the source material or other adaptations. (Discussions about the source material itself, or extended comparisons should be directed to the appropriate manga/novel/game thread.)
As this says, you can compare what did happen in the anime to what happened in the game, as long as it's behind a clearly marked spoiler tag (which, by the way, means "with an appropriate and descriptive label" -- just using the tag is not good enough). But if you want to get into an extended discussion about what happened in the game, it belongs in the game thread.

The problem is that not all the staff are either following the thread in detail, or familiar with the game, or caught up on the anime... so, for example, it's nearly impossible for me to know what is or isn't a game spoiler. If someone posts a game spoiler or an improper comparison in the thread, please report that spoiler so that it can be dealt with. People who repeatedly post inappropriate spoilers will be infracted and/or banned.
Old 2011-07-30, 06:53   Link #64
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

This episode was woefully bad, but Steins is on a combo roll right now, so I'll be darned if I'm not surprised.

As stated over and over again, the characters are terrible and unsympathetic. The highlight of this episode was finding out what Feyris' text message was, and potentially the extent of its effect on the past (which, while dramatic, wasn't that huge in terms of divergence).

Most of the episode tried to focus on a moral dillemma between Kyouma and Feyris, but it just underlined Kyouma's massive stupidity and critically flawed sense of curiosity and perception-

Spoiler:

None of this was even commented on by our supposed scientist, he's just a blathering, incompetent moron like always. And the development for Feyris is pretty one-sided: she clearly digs Kyouma, but for what reason isn't specified. There isn't a detailled background involving her and Kyouma, so her attraction to him is completely inexplicable. It's no better than dopey harem leads who get girls falling over them for no apparent reason.

And Steins isn't a harem. Or is it?

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2011-07-30 at 08:19. Reason: 5:00 AM pselling
Old 2011-07-30, 07:15   Link #65
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Spoiler for For Feyris' Character Development:
That said, it was fun watching Okabe keep up with Feyris, lol.

Quote:
So just because the Feyris route being shown in anime, this means you're now allowed to post spoilers from the game that tell of alternative Feyris routes? Did it ever cross your mind that some in here have yet to play the game but want to do so eventually?
And I'm guessing those videos in the earlier posts don't count because you have to actually play them before the game is spoiled

Quote:
On another note, something just crossed my mind and started to bother me. Wasn't Kyouma at Feyris' place when he sent the d-mail? Last time Feyris sent the d-mail to '' revive '' his father, Kyouma remained at Feyris' place. Well of course, since while the world changes around you, you should remain where you send the message at, no? So how did Kyouma magically appear on their lab when he sent the d-mail from Feyris' place?
I read in the fanbook's Q&A that everything after the point where time is changed, including where every person and object is located is re-written so as soon as the D-Mail was sent, Okabe is relocated back to the lab because the events with Feyris never took place in the past.

Weird but it makes sense if you think about it. After Feyris never sent the D-mail, everyone has been doing different things since that point her father died so they would all be in different places, not really "magically" teleported around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Seems like a bit of a personal variation, though. Now I'm wondering if Ruka and Moeka have the same ability and are aware of the changes they made to the timeline.
Well, it seems as long as you're the one responsible for the changes, the events from the other sub-Worldlines will eventually merge back with your memories.

But in Okabe's case, he doesn't have to be the one responsible so he's unique thanks to his mysterious headache... Maybe at some point he...

Spoiler for Butterfly Effect Movie Director's Cut:
Either that or it might be because the Reading Steiner ability is contagious and they haven't been with Okabe long enough to get the full effects
Old 2011-07-30, 09:09   Link #66
Dist

However, Kyouma remained in her place when Feyris sent the email to revive her father. Why was he there if in that timeline he didn't go there because of the d-mail? Also in all other d-mail cases, Kyouma remained exactly where he was when the message was sent ...
Old 2011-07-30, 09:28   Link #67
klare

now only i remember Feyris's dad appear after the D-mail was sent, it all make sense now but still poor Feyris...

i wish they show us that divergence meter after Feyris reversed her own D-mail
Old 2011-07-30, 10:40   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
However, Kyouma remained in her place when Feyris sent the email to revive her father. Why was he there if in that timeline he didn't go there because of the d-mail? Also in all other d-mail cases, Kyouma remained exactly where he was when the message was sent ...
He was there because he came to ask her father about the IBN, IIRC. I guess there wasn't any reason for him to go to Feyris' house this time around.
Old 2011-07-30, 14:43   Link #69
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Episode 18 preview. Looks like Okabe and Rukako go on a date

Old 2011-07-30, 18:14   Link #70
Aqua Knight

Okabe looks classy in this suit

But still without it he isn't his usual MAD SCIENTIST!!
Old 2011-07-30, 19:13   Link #71
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wtf Okabe in normal wardrobe? :0
Old 2011-07-30, 20:58   Link #72
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i wish they show us that divergence meter after Feyris reversed her own D-mail
I could have sworn they did, for an instant. The divergence was like .45 or something like that.
Old 2011-07-30, 21:00   Link #73
GDB

Yeah, they did. It only went up like 5%.
Old 2011-07-30, 23:06   Link #74
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
you might mean 0.05% lol

So we have Ruka next? Can't wait!
Old 2011-07-30, 23:10   Link #75
GDB

5% of 1% is 0.05%, so it still works.
Old 2011-07-31, 03:55   Link #76
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I could have sworn they did, for an instant. The divergence was like .45 or something like that.
ok... i saw it after a few pauses
Old 2011-07-31, 08:52   Link #77
Alucard24

Why do he care about Ruka ? Go directly at the Moeka message ! If it was countered, the would no more problems.
Old 2011-07-31, 11:32   Link #78
Dist

^I already asked that and it was already answered. After Moeka sent her d-mail, no one in the lab remembered Moeka. After Ruka sent her d-mail, everyone knew Moeka again for some reason, and Moeka was looking for IBN5100 as well.. She did not have it. By reversing her d-mail it would not have an effect because due Ruka's d-mail she never even had the IBN5100.
Old 2011-07-31, 12:32   Link #79
dark998

Poor Feyris, having to make such a tough decision. But at least she was able to enjoy those 10 years with her father.
Old 2011-07-31, 15:04   Link #80
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
you might mean 0.05% lol
I wonder what kind of world the 5% worldline would be... Maybe paradise since it far exceeds Suzuha's 1%. Or maybe Star Trek, Star Wars kind of world where it's different alien races against Earthlings =P
Closed Thread