1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-14, 22:57   Link #221
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamachi Shogen View Post
I wonder where you find all that, it's clearly missing from the official website..
Magazine info, which are often released before addition on the official site. It's a standard net practice on a lot of titles to release information on various other media first before the official site.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 23:01   Link #222
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I thought the Flag , or whatever its called, with the spinning blade as a shield was quite interesting. I think it even blocked Kyrios' beam shots in the OP.

But I wonder how that kind of shield can repel a close-range weapon like a sword.
well, enact certainly wasn't able to, but that might just be because the pilot wasn't very good.

offhand I'd guess that if the shield can block close range weaponry, it'll work somewhere along the lines of the gundams' shielding: some kind of energy gets routed into the shield to increase its 'durability'.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 23:19   Link #223
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This ep was realistic, gritty, and understated...All stuff I love when it comes to Gundam..Good to see Mechas kicking a$$ in a believable way...This ep really set-up the landscape for this series and felt epic without going overboard...The nasty and uncomfortable atmosphere of the battle attrition was just pure gold to me...Gonna be interesting to see if we actuallty get an episode that examines the technological evolution of the last 300 years...Obviously there was an extensive leap in the Gundam's direction, but GN particles don't necessarily explain the design of the Gundams that differ so much in make-up from the other mechs...

Oh and all those "no kill policy" comparisons hopefully got tossed outta the window when Setsuna fragged who he couldn't just disable..The episode just got better and better and left you wanting more...I nearly crapped my pants when the ENACT transformed and went right at Setsuna with no fear and seemingly sporty moves to boot...I hope that suit can compete because the intensity was definatley there...I was like "Aw, shucks..." when the ep ended T_T...It was just getting to the best part for me, which is awesome "show me what you got..." banter between the pilots...

The only complaint I would have is that as the weeks continue I'd like to see a little more artistic definition in the Gundams....Sometimes Virtue kinda looked liked a Yugioh Card or something...The older styled mechs seemed to have pretty good definition, so I hope the Gundams will also look more battle-damaged as the series continues...Anyways, great second episode for people who like that really raw, grimey type of action with our SOOPA cool mecha action...9 outta 10...
Old 2007-10-14, 23:22   Link #224
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I nearly crapped my pants when the ENACT transformed and went right at Setsuna with no fear and seemingly sporty moves to boot...
Not to be nitpicky, but that was no ENACT, that was a Union Flag, as stated several times in the sequence.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-10-14, 23:36   Link #225
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Since we are on the topic of the Haro...

I don't mind the Haro, but I find it some what "anti-climactic" (if that term is applicable), to have the oldest of the four "Gundam Miesters" using it. It's purpose seems very logical and so forth, but at the same time it would have been wickedly sick if they had some kinda super AI replacing the Haro.

I think that it takes away from the character himself, making them seem not serious, or I don't know what the right way of saying it is, but it doesn't suit my taste at all. Hopefully they'll have some kinda scenario that involves him giving it to someone else.

I guess it goes without saying that Lockon Stratos is the unofficial mission leader(?). I also find it interesting how some of the characters and their Gundams have interconnected names, or complimentary if you want to use a better definition.
From the way I see Lockon behave so far, he seems to be in the same "mold" as Duo - seems to at least have some sort of humor (or at least seems to - the other's dry "children" jokes refering to Setsuna doesn't seems to be too friendly), unlike the rest of the Gundam Meister.

They kind of fit because I believe all of the Gundam Meister names are codenames - With Setsuna's name being a codename, it would make sense for all the Gundam meister's names to be code names, as it seems all of them basically give up their own lives to be Gundam Meister and giving up their name seems to be a good first step.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 23:40   Link #226
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not to be nitpicky, but that was no ENACT, that was a Union Flag, as stated several times in the sequence.
I was actually looking thru my pic files to remember the name, but I said F-it and went from memory...Obviously I was wrong, but the point remains, the Union FLAG did not look like a b!tch in the slightest...
Old 2007-10-14, 23:42   Link #227
hamstar
just passing by

does anyone else see Graham being the ultimate baddy a la rau?
Old 2007-10-14, 23:47   Link #228
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I was actually looking thru my pic files to remember the name, but I said F-it and went from memory...Obviously I was wrong, but the point remains, the Union FLAG did not look like a b!tch in the slightest...
Didn't have to... Setsuna says "Flag ka?" when it showed up

Although shame the HG model doesn't do the Flag any justice, because it looked so outstanding in this episode I want one You know a grunt unit's got something else when it beats a transforming Gundam (the Kyrios) to the first transformation sequence

Old 2007-10-15, 00:35   Link #229
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
"You last visited: 2007-06-24 at 02:49"

I should totally come here more often.

I think I will, now that 00 has started airing!

Anyways, am I the only one who has a raging allegorical mecha-hard on for the Tieren? 100+ tonnes, crazy helmet for the pilot and now a crazy head cannon for the suit itself.

F**k yes! You're the best Zaku spinoff ever!

Also, magazine guys, enlighten me - the Meister's names are actually codenames, right? Because it would be way too silly to have a Kurd that's actually named Setsuna, not to mention Allelujah and Lockon.

I did feel a little disappointed that we got served by the "fly behind cover and reappear as transformed!" trick for Kyrios.

Setsuna's flashback regarding ethnic conflicts and his mini-berserkering (without frothing anger, highly disappointing!) was very nicely placed.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:38   Link #230
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post

Anyways, am I the only one who has a raging allegorical mecha-hard on for the Tieren? 100+ tonnes, crazy helmet for the pilot and now a crazy head cannon for the suit itself.

Also, magazine guys, enlighten me - the Meister's names are actually codenames, right? Because it would be way too silly to have a Kurd that's actually named Setsuna, not to mention Allelujah and Lockon.

I did feel a little disappointed that we got served by the "fly behind cover and reappear as transformed!" trick for Kyrios.

Setsuna's flashback regarding ethnic conflicts and his mini-berserkering (without frothing anger, highly disappointing!) was very nicely placed.
I tend to think that the old ghost came back to haunt him, making him want to stop the conflict immideatly, thus the "I am gundam" line. He sounded too calm to be berserk.
Old 2007-10-15, 00:42   Link #231
srb
I can see time itself!

Yes, thus "mini-berserkering", just the act of violence with mental conditioning without the whole frothing anger part. I guess "calm calculated killing" would be a better description but I am out of my mind right now and have no idea what I am typing.
Old 2007-10-15, 00:46   Link #232
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

*raises hand*

I've always prefered the Union Flag though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Yup, they are, as confirmed by Setsuna's ID Card that came with the Daybreak's Bell Single.

Old 2007-10-15, 00:51   Link #233
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
I've always prefered the Union Flag though.
Oh I am in love with the Hellion and Flag as well. Hellions appear to be real easy on maintenance too, all they ever seem to lose is their hands! Too bad their navigational systems seem to be installed in them.

Quote:
Yup, they are, as confirmed by Setsuna's ID Card that came with the Daybreak's Bell Single.
Well that's a relief to have confirmed.

Why is your avatar Exia and not Dynames? It has a Haro piloting it, which makes me think of Victory, which makes it even more super awesome.

I need more sugar.
Old 2007-10-15, 00:58   Link #234
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why is your avatar Exia and not Dynames? It has a Haro piloting it, which makes me think of Victory, which makes it even more super awesome.

I need more sugar.
I like the Exia more. Exia's been my ava for the past 5 months now

Haro in Victory though was more like a last-minute distraction than an actual pilot, despite its prowess with the MS, and has NOTHING on this Haro, who actually maneuvers the Dynames through some thick gunfire, which is yes, Super Awesome

Old 2007-10-15, 01:01   Link #235
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:

Haro in Victory though was more like a last-minute distraction than an actual pilot, despite its prowess with the MS, and has NOTHING on this Haro, who actually maneuvers the Dynames through some thick gunfire, which is yes, Super Awesome
Haro's role is fine as a co pilot, but those repeats drive me nuts.
Old 2007-10-15, 01:02   Link #236
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
Curses, foiled again by actually not using the "favourites" function.

It seems to be there for a reason.

Quote:
It's also orange, and we all know how awesome orange is.

And Dynames has the best controls *ever*.
Old 2007-10-15, 01:11   Link #237
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:

Tieren is definitely a very cool design.
Does anyone know the name of the "old" Tieren variant? The one with the head that sticks forward and a gun on its chin.
I like how the show has the "underdog" faction use the old style Tierens, while the HRL supported faction uses the newer models.

Only problem I see is that the Tierens have a serious bottleneck here. Seems like Tierens are built to hold single roles, unlike the AEU and Union models. I doubt we'll ever see a Tieren hold its own against a Gundam, or even other same-generation mobile suits.

I see the HRL as being the big mobile armor side later on. Should definitely be very interesting.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 01:14   Link #238
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Does anyone know the name of the "old" Tieren variant? The one with the head that sticks forward and a gun on its chin.
I like how the show has the "underdog" faction use the old style Tierens, while the HRL supported faction uses the newer models.

Only problem I see is that the Tierens have a serious bottleneck here. Seems like Tierens are built to hold single roles, unlike the AEU and Union models. I doubt we'll ever see a Tieren hold its own against a Gundam, or even other same-generation mobile suits.

I see the HRL as being the big mobile armor side later on. Should definitely be very interesting.
That MS is called "Amph", and no it's not a Tieren Variant. And I'm not sure how you can say that about the Tieren, given that we've seen at least 4 variants of the Tieren so far (The Normal ground, Sniper, High Mobility and Space variants). Not to mention that Tierens can hold their own against a Gundam...

Spoiler for As shown here:

Which is pretty damn impressive to me.

Old 2007-10-15, 01:18   Link #239
srb
I can see time itself!

Getting high mobility from a Tieren must require biiiiiig thrusters.

I am liking that already. Who needs a rocket punch when you have rocket yourself?

Will the scarred colonel be piloting that and teach our Setsuna some humility?
Old 2007-10-15, 01:18   Link #240
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
That MS is called "Amph", and no it's not a Tieren Variant. And I'm not sure how you can say that about the Tieren, given that we've seen at least 4 variants of the Tieren so far (The Normal ground, Sniper, High Mobility and Space variants). Not to mention that Tierens can hold their own against a Gundam...

Spoiler for As shown here:

Which is pretty damn impressive to me.
If you're building 4 variants to fulfill 4 different roles, that's not versatility.
If you have one model to fulfill 4 different roles, THAT'S versatility.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote