AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-13, 02:32   Link #2401
orangejuicetang

Unknown, since there's not any certainty that the Servants that were summoned were the same. There's some speculation that Ajax was summoned in Archer's war, explaining his shield, but this is still speculation. Anyway, regarding the Archer class in particular, it could be anyone except Archer himself, or there might not have even been an Archer class for his war.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 12:47   Link #2402
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Or infinite continuity
I mean Archer was there even in his own time as a Servant
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 07:15   Link #2403
Crisis
Rock on ^^

I am wayyy confused as to what happened at the end?

Why did Saber disappear?

Why was Saber dying when she got back to her own realm?

What did she mean by just saw a dream .. was all these a dream then and she never left her realm?

Did Saber die?

Will Shirou and Saber be reunited after 10 years?
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 12:52   Link #2404
Nevflinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post

Why did Saber disappear?

What did she mean by just saw a dream .. was all these a dream then and she never left her realm?

Did Saber die?

Because she was a servant, and was bound to the present time by the grail. Since they destroyed the grail, it was impossible for her to stay.

Remember the Arthurian legend? It ended with the Battle of Camlann, where Mordred and an army of traitors threatened to tear Camelot apart. Arthur (in this case, Saber) managed to defeat the entire army...but was fatally wounded by Mordred. In the Arthurian legend, it differs as to whether Arthur died later from the wound, or was taken to the utopic island of Avalon to recover and return when Britain needed him the most. In Fate/Stay Night, this was the point where she was given the chance (presumably by the grail) to take back her whole life by winning the war.

No, it wasn't a dream. Saber described it as such to Bedivere partly since there's no way he would have understood the whole thing in what little time was left for her, but mainly because for symbolic intent - that her time in the fifth war was so wonderful, so enlightening, that it was like a dream.

Yes she did. But look at it as a good thing, if you can. The main theme of the show is the theme of fate - in the sense that all things must come to an end. Saber wanted it to last forever, but couldn't. What she learned from Shirou was to accept her life, everything that had happened and what she had accomplished. It's the best death possible - one without regrets, in a life lived to its fullest.

Likely not in Shirou's lifetime. But that's not to say it shouldn't or can't happen...

Last edited by Nevflinn; 2009-12-23 at 18:11.
Nevflinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 17:53   Link #2405
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:

Why did Saber disappear?

Did Saber die?

well she did indeed die.
The contract made by her and gaia is a something beyond time . there is a chart within the game that explain how the throne of heroes work in relative to time and how saber is a unique case to the timelines.
after being returned to her timeline and back to her near death state her mind probably interpreted her new memories as hallucinations and dreams or such but a big part of her know those are real. Or maybe she simply felt like talking about her new found experience without having to tell her knight "oh by the way as i m about to die i made a wish to the world and it send me to the future and blahhhhhhhhrggg..." Besides calling it a dream is a more surreal and romantic approach to it all so it serves its purpose.

and also shirou and saber will most likely never see each other again unless you take the scenario demonstrated in "Last episode" alternate ending scenario of the game, which is an interpretation of how the two are reunited.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 06:04   Link #2406
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post

and also shirou and saber will most likely never see each other again unless you take the scenario demonstrated in "Last episode" alternate ending scenario of the game, which is an interpretation of how the two are reunited.
I never played the game Please elaborate.

And thanks Nev and Angry/.
Old 2009-12-24, 06:21   Link #2407
Nevflinn

Quote:
I never played the game Please elaborate.

And thanks Nev and Angry/.
You're welcome.

It's an epilogue of sorts, which is unlocked only after obtaining a 100% completion rate (i.e. clear the entire game). I don't want to spoil anything about it, as it's a scene best savoured when experienced.
You didn't hear this from me, but there's a good chance you'll find it and the rest of the novel on youtube.
Old 2009-12-26, 03:38   Link #2408
Aqua Knight

Can anyone give me the "I am the bone of my sword" phrase in Japanese, not Romaji,but in kanji or how it is called?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 17:42   Link #2409
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Can anyone give me the "I am the bone of my sword" phrase in Japanese, not Romaji,but in kanji or how it is called?
here you go i gave you both archer and shirou versions and in their original english/japanese/chinese versions in the spoiler to save space.
Spoiler for save space:
Old 2009-12-29, 05:41   Link #2410
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevflinn View Post
You're welcome.

It's an epilogue of sorts, which is unlocked only after obtaining a 100% completion rate (i.e. clear the entire game). I don't want to spoil anything about it, as it's a scene best savoured when experienced.
You didn't hear this from me, but there's a good chance you'll find it and the rest of the novel on youtube.
Tnx again.

A quick one revealed
Spoiler for fate stay night:

I looked back at one of my questions and I feel like an idiot! If Saber's dead, how can she be reunited with Shirou or even be summoned.
Old 2009-12-29, 13:20   Link #2411
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Tnx again.

A quick one revealed
Spoiler for fate stay night:

I looked back at one of my questions and I feel like an idiot! If Saber's dead, how can she be reunited with Shirou or even be summoned.
Actually depending on the 6 availiable endings in The most complete version of the the game he could end up with a few possibility.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-29, 14:14   Link #2412
Aqua Knight

Also on endings not really the endings but still

Spoiler for ed:
Old 2010-01-01, 17:21   Link #2413
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Now that we are noting awesome bad ends:

Spoiler for The one where Shirou runs away from Berserker:

Spoiler for Ilya:

Spoiler for Rider:
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 17:52   Link #2414
Aqua Knight

When do the 1 and the 3 happen?
I mean routes.
Old 2010-01-01, 20:56   Link #2415
Crisis
Rock on ^^

I'll just settle for te tragic ending - Saber lived her life purposefully and had the chance to meet Shirou.
Old 2010-01-02, 15:53   Link #2416
Nevflinn

Quote:
I'll just settle for te tragic ending - Saber lived her life purposefully and had the chance to meet Shirou.
How is that tragic? It's all wonderful if you ask me. :V
Old 2010-01-02, 18:44   Link #2417
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
When do the 1 and the 3 happen?
I mean routes.
The UWB route!
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 10:21   Link #2418
Polar_Lord

Hey guys, I just played through the Fate and UBW routes and I have a question.

When Ilya says in the Fate scenario "That was 6 times just for one servant" (paraphrased), was her surprise caused by:

1. The fact that Archer is stronger than the average servant

or

2. The fact that an unknown servant was so powerful?
Polar_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 11:39   Link #2419
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Probably both, and that anyone could stand up to Berserker.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 00:33   Link #2420
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
What exactly is the gameplay behind the whole Fate stay Night games? And where do you find the extra routes like UBW and HF?