AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-13, 04:18   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

So I totally read Tsubasa Cat chapter 3 out of context and all.. but wow, this will be a great ending for the final tv episode, great chapter, was nice to be able to finally see how things were with the inner monologue. Will be interesting too see what SHAFT do with this episode and the ending song should be fantastic for this.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 06:18   Link #22
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
P.P.S. Hitagi slips with Hanekawa's name and calls her Goshujin-sama and Hanekawa-sama since Hanekawa is her master in a sense. After the end of Bakemonogatari, Hitagi asks her for help in trying to learn how to express her emotions and in leaning how to interact with people again. Hitagi keeps it secret from Koyomi though. This situation does provide for some nice gags though.
Since any translation project will trickle off and fail miserably like just about every other one except for Haruhi - what exactly do you mean by this? Hanekawa is Hitagi's master? O.o
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 10:35   Link #23
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Since any translation project will trickle off and fail miserably like just about every other one except for Haruhi - what exactly do you mean by this? Hanekawa is Hitagi's master? O.o
After Bakemonigatari ends, Hitagi asks for Hanekawa's help in trying to change since Hanekawa had already done so with herself. Part of the deal seems to have been that Hitagi had to become a pupil of sorts i.e. Hanekawa could use coercion. In one part of Nise, Hitagi held Koyomi captive when she was trying to protect him and wouldn't let him leave even after getting an important text message from his sister. So Hanekawa called and ended up getting Hitagi not only to let Koyomi go, but to apologize as well. We only hear Hitagi's side of the conversation, but she buckles pretty easily.

Koyomi asks Hitagi about what was going a couple times and that's when she slips with Hanekawa's title. When she mistakenly calls Hanekawa Hanekawa-sama, she gets really defensive about how she's not being bullied and there is no bullying in their high school. The time Hitagi calls her Goshujin-sama is when she says "it's only natural to kneel in her presence."

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 10:40   Link #24
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Quote:
After Bakemonigatari ends, Hitagi asks for Hanekawa's help in trying to change since Hanekawa had already done so with herself. Part of the deal seems to have been that Hitagi had to become a pupil of sorts i.e. Hanekawa could use coercion. In one part of Nise, Hitagi held Koyomi captive when she was trying to protect him and wouldn't let him leave even after getting an important text message from his sister. So Hanekawa called and ended up getting Hitagi not only to let Koyomi go, but to apologize as well. We only hear Hitagi's side of the conversation, but she buckles pretty easily.

Koyomi asks Hitagi about what was going a couple times and that's when she slips with Hanekawa's title. When she mistakenly calls Hanekawa Hanekawa-sama, she gets really defensive about how she's not being bullied and there is no bullying in their high school. The time Hitagi calls her Goshujin-sama is when she says "it's only natural to kneel in her presence."
Haha nice nice.

Speaking of the little sisters--I've seen a lot of fanarts of Araragi brushing Karen's teeth. Does that actually happen in the novels?

Spoiler for Ue he he:
ProdigalSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 10:47   Link #25
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post
Haha nice nice.

Speaking of the little sisters--I've seen a lot of fanarts of Araragi brushing Karen's teeth. Does that actually happen in the novels?

Spoiler for Ue he he:
Holy crap, I should have expected that to get a lot of play in wincest circles. Yeah, it does happen. Karen was trying to get Koyomi to introduce her to Kanbaru-sensei so they end up having a contest. Koyomi decided to use a type of S&M that Suruga came up with. It's all about how pleasurable it is to have your teeth/gums brushed, but you usually don't realize since you're doing it yourself. When someone else does it, it's a different story. The goal was for Karen to last 5 minutes without giving up, but they get a little too into it and only Tsukiki saves them from wincest.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-13, 11:09   Link #26
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Quote:
Holy crap, I should have expected that to get a lot of play in wincest circles. Yeah, it does happen. Karen was trying to get Koyomi to introduce her to Kanbaru-sensei so they end up having a contest. Koyomi decided to use a type of S&M that Suruga came up with. It's all about how pleasurable it is to have your teeth/gums brushed, but you usually don't realize since you're doing it yourself. When someone else does it, it's a different story. The goal was for Karen to last 5 minutes without giving up, but they get a little too into it and only Tsukiki saves them from wincest.
Oh Lord----I must see that bwa ha ha.
ProdigalSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 05:05   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

Went and watched the ED again off one of the subs to have a look at the lyrics and yep that ED song is definitely from Koyomi's POV. Until I read that chapter from Tsubasa Cat I've always assumed it was Hitagi but I guess so did everyone else.
Old 2009-08-14, 09:48   Link #28
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Went and watched the ED again off one of the subs to have a look at the lyrics and yep that ED song is definitely from Koyomi's POV. Until I read that chapter from Tsubasa Cat I've always assumed it was Hitagi but I guess so did everyone else.
They did use "watashi" instead of Koyomi's "boku" so it isn't too surprising. I heard that the song was only inspired by it, but the lyrics are still almost exactly like the novel for that scene, though.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-14, 10:09   Link #29
sirn
田舎者言うな

The second verse of the full ED can also be used as Hanekawa's ending song. It would be interesting if they really do that on the last three episodes.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 14:33   Link #30
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
The second verse of the full ED can also be used as Hanekawa's ending song. It would be interesting if they really do that on the last three episodes.
But, like the cat said, this only happened because she was passive in wooing him due to the fact the she felt secure in how things were going. I think this was another criticism of the cliche about the first person the main meets and roundabout courtships. I mean when I saw the first ep I thought to myself "oh, so the glasses girl will be the love interest" even though I was struck as my by Hitagi's entrance as Koyomi was. Them anime cliches bore into your brain tend to stay there, I tell ya...

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-14, 17:59   Link #31
aulzon

Quote:
Oh wow, that sounds kind of awesome lol.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 19:47   Link #32
Sigtheman

Quote:
But, like the cat said, this only happened because she was passive in wooing him due to the fact the she felt secure in how things were going. I think this was another criticism of the cliche about the first person the main meets and roundabout courtships. I mean when I saw the first ep I thought to myself "oh, so the glasses girl will be the love interest" even though I was struck as my by Hitagi's entrance as Koyomi was. Them anime cliches bore into your brain tend to stay there, I tell ya...
Wait . . .! Koyomi doesn't jump ship on Hitagi, right? I can't see that being any good.
Sigtheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 20:03   Link #33
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigtheman View Post
Wait . . .! Koyomi doesn't jump ship on Hitagi, right? I can't see that being any good.
Don't worry, Koyomi doesn't waver. The cat simply tells him that he's the reason that Tsubasa relapsed. It took 17 years of family troubles for enough stress to accumulate to allow the cat to takeover the first time, but it only took a month for that much stress to build up again when Koyomi started going out with Hitagi. When confronted with this Koyomi doesn't really believe it so the cat tells him it is because he probably hasn't really loved anyone. That is when she tells him that since that's the case he can just dump Hitagi for Tsubasa as it's the easiest way to get Tsubasa back. Of course this is when Koyomi makes his feelings clear about wanting to be with Hitagi.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-15, 19:28   Link #34
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
All I can say it's dumb luck that we had to stumble on this light novel.

After reading the review here:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009...akemonogatari/

I'm not surprised many of us would like to read this novel, hoping it would be better then the anime (surely not?!) or at lease have a taste of it....

Spoiler for dumb luck?:

But not like there is any chance that a bunch of mad idiots would ever bother with light novels.... you'll have to be like....mental or something

Old 2009-08-15, 19:41   Link #35
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

I'm not surprised many of us would like to read this novel, hoping it would be better then the anime (surely not?!) or at lease have a taste of it....

Spoiler for dumb luck?:

But not like there is any chance that a bunch of mad idiots would ever bother with light novels.... you'll have to be like....mental or something

So someone is actually doing it? All I know is that it's gonna take ages...it took me like 30 hours just to translate chapter 3 of Tsubasa Cat and it's only just comprehensible.

And it isn't really fair to compare the anime to the novel. I actually love both, although for slight different reasons.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-15, 19:59   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ickems translation of Tsubasa Cat 3 left me wanting more and i'm glad to see the BT guys jump into Bakemonogatari. Kizu is off to an interesting start, can't wait to read the rest.
Old 2009-08-16, 02:05   Link #37
sirn
田舎者言うな

Don't start the series at Kizumonogatari, seriously. Otherwise the impression of Senjougahara will be changed considerably (also maybe "Koyomi must die!"). Just start at Bakemonogatari, Kizumonogatari, then Nisemonogatari.

The best way method of reading the series would be: watch the anime -> read the novel -> rewatch the anime.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 03:08   Link #38
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

Spoiler for dumb luck?:

Yes! Thanks for taking this up, BT guys. Hoping this one will get as much support, or at least close to, the Haruhi project.
Old 2009-08-16, 04:05   Link #39
kalbron

Well this is good news... I hope.

Though if it doesn't become another "main project" like the Haruhi one it's already dead in the water like all the other abandoned projects on that site.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:36   Link #40
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Well this is good news... I hope.

Though if it doesn't become another "main project" like the Haruhi one it's already dead in the water like all the other abandoned projects on that site.

Really? All the projects are "abandoned" except Haruhi?

I never knew that!

How come no one tell me these things?

I'm always the last to know.....

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance