AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 01:28   Link #1481
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The way Madhouse is drawing and animating the facial expressions in this series is really a thing of beauty.

Spoiler for 38:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 01:39   Link #1482
Vicious108

Well, that was a cute interlude, but now it's time for one of the greatest arcs in shounen manga history to begin. Don't let up now, Madhouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 38:
Spoiler for 38:
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 05:32   Link #1483
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The way Madhouse is drawing and animating the facial expressions in this series is really a thing of beauty.

Spoiler for 38:
Spoiler for 38 preview:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 05:54   Link #1484
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for 38 preview:
Spoiler for 38 preview:
Old 2012-07-08, 07:57   Link #1485
ookamigirl

That tape Ging made was kinda shocking, but also interesting.
Guess listening to that tape was a one time thing.
The Greed Island game search sure gave them a headache.
It's find the game, find Ging quest this time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 09:19   Link #1486
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It looks like we'll be switching characters for the next episode. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do with the next arc.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 09:22   Link #1487
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Well, that was a cute interlude, but now it's time for one of the greatest arcs in shounen manga history to begin. Don't let up now, Madhouse.

Spoiler for 38:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Not sure if anyone has done this already but since we're gonna see most of these characters next week, I took a pan from the opening and stitched it together:
Spoiler:
For those who haven't had a close look at the ED
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 09:52   Link #1488
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 38-

Spoiler for Anime vs Manga:

Spoiler for Old vs New:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 15:54   Link #1489
butahill
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
-EPISODE 38-

Spoiler for Anime vs Manga:

Spoiler for Old vs New:
Could you please translate gon's last words in the manga? thanks again <3 I'd like to know the difference since both old and new version changed it.
butahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 16:37   Link #1490
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Finally, York Shin City arc will start next week . I love the old serie for that arc, it was so amazing. I wonder if the new serie will do better than the previous. Because it is one of the best arc I ever saw in a shonen.
Old 2012-07-08, 21:44   Link #1491
bunnydemon326
Scarlet Eyes

Send a message via MSN to bunnydemon326 Send a message via Yahoo to bunnydemon326
I'm super excited that the York Shin City arc is finally starting, but I'm a little worried about how it's going to be done. I really don't want them to ruin my favorite arc out of the whole series.
Old 2012-07-08, 22:07   Link #1492
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by butahill View Post
Could you please translate gon's last words in the manga? thanks again <3 I'd like to know the difference since both old and new version changed it.
This is what he said in Viz's translation:

Gon: "A legendary game worth billions...What kind of game... could it possibly be?"
Old 2012-07-08, 23:02   Link #1493
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnydemon326 View Post
I'm super excited that the York Shin City arc is finally starting, but I'm a little worried about how it's going to be done. I really don't want them to ruin my favorite arc out of the whole series.
Same here man! York Shin City arc was my favorite out of the original anime. I am afraid it might be censored to a certain amount, because I read somewhere it is aired in the morning for children...

BTW, sexy avatar and signature. Did you always have it or because the arc is coming up?!

Personally, who agrees with me, that Kurapica would of been better, if he was a she?
Old 2012-07-09, 01:49   Link #1494
Vicious108

I'm not sure there's actual definitive/official confirmation of Kurapica being certifiably male, though that's definitely the accepted truth by the fanbase.

And well, given Togashi's love for traps, he probably is.
Old 2012-07-09, 05:08   Link #1495
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'm not sure there's actual definitive/official confirmation of Kurapica being certifiably male, though that's definitely the accepted truth by the fanbase.

And well, given Togashi's love for traps, he probably is.
Well, the solid proof we had for years was the vol. 14 cover.

But the old version and that damn director thought he'll be better as a girl because he probably thought this coming-of age story needed a heroin so it won't be a 100% manly story.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by SHINOBI-03; 2012-07-09 at 05:42.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:05   Link #1496
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I... totally forgot about those scenes. They would be VERY out of place if Kurapica was a guy... Which he totally is.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:59   Link #1497
SHINOBI-03

Anybody had an experience with auctions before?
Old 2012-07-09, 11:14   Link #1498
bunnydemon326
Scarlet Eyes

Send a message via MSN to bunnydemon326 Send a message via Yahoo to bunnydemon326
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Same here man! York Shin City arc was my favorite out of the original anime. I am afraid it might be censored to a certain amount, because I read somewhere it is aired in the morning for children...

BTW, sexy avatar and signature. Did you always have it or because the arc is coming up?!

Personally, who agrees with me, that Kurapica would of been better, if he was a she?
First of all I'm a girl.... -_-'

Anyways, yes, Madhouse has been toning down the violence with this series which I absolutely hate! I mean, take Kastro's and Hisoka's fight when Hisoka got his arms ripped off. Don't people usually bleed when something like that happens?

Thanks. I'm new, so those are my first avatar and signature. The signature was made by a friend on a different forum and I have plenty of HxH pictures stored up so that avatar came from my picture supply.

No! Kurapika is a guy, should be a guy, and will always be a guy!!! It is as it should be and will not be any different!!!! (Kurapika lover)
Old 2012-07-09, 11:21   Link #1499
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnydemon326 View Post
First of all I'm a girl.... -_-'

Anyways, yes, Madhouse has been toning down the violence with this series which I absolutely hate! I mean, take Kastro's and Hisoka's fight when Hisoka got his arms ripped off. Don't people usually bleed when something like that happens?

Thanks. I'm new, so those are my first avatar and signature. The signature was made by a friend on a different forum and I have plenty of HxH pictures stored up so that avatar came from my picture supply.

No! Kurapika is a guy, should be a guy, and will always be a guy!!! It is as it should be and will not be any different!!!! (Kurapika lover)
Well the fight between Kastro and Hisoka can be explained by Nen restricting blood flow, but what got me was the first appearances of Hisoka, when he took a random guy arm off during the hunter exam and butterflies represented blood >_<

Vol.14 is a big disappoint, if Kurapika was a guy... If Kurapika was reveal as a female, this would be one of the biggest shocker in history! XD
Old 2012-07-09, 11:29   Link #1500
bunnydemon326
Scarlet Eyes

There was blood during that in the original so that is not valid. :P Also, in the Hunter's Exam, they were flowers, not butterflies, but yes that also caught me off guard. HxH can be very violent at times and I'm worried how Madhouse is going to handle it later on. Some things you just can't censor and have the same effect.

That's one of the reasons Kurapika is a guy! Like I said, everything is as it should be. ^_^

Tags
action, shounen