AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Muv-Luv - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 11 22.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 38.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-29, 15:20   Link #21
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Looks like real natural meat isn't cheap here, don't want to find out where they make their "Artificial Meat" from.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Old 2012-07-29, 15:25   Link #22
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ep 5 Yui, comparison to the Novels and the Manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-01 at 00:23.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:27   Link #23
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

what do u guys think of tarisa as a cat eared maid (i think shes cute but annoying )

and scrapes of other meat or made out of beta (that would be disturbing )
Old 2012-07-29, 15:31   Link #24
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
The more I listen to the OP the more I like it. The background music isnt' bad either cant' wait for the OST

Quote:
Spoiler:
pretty sure Yui lost on purpose or at least she was surprised. Her whole goal was to teach Yuuya a man and the horse meaning behind the mech and that was accomplished.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:38   Link #25
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
the whole thing reeked of" Just as planned" on yui's part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Yuuya said that yui is going easy on him. He even admits that she could have won in one strike any time during the match. Just like she did to the other 3 argos who she obviously took out without much effort so she can"teach" yuuya.
Correct; as Yuuya noted, Yui could have taken him down at any time. The point was for her to encourage him to develop that whole man-machine synchronicity that...is for people who synchronize with machines to discuss the validity of.

A significant point is when the Command Post checked in with Yui at the end of the fight. This wasn't just Yui going off the reservation and fighting directly with Argos Flight in a fit of anger, but a deliberate, staged part of the exercise which operational command was in on (though Argos Flight was not), and presumably signed off on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Looks like real natural meat isn't cheap here, don't want to find out where they make their "Artificial Meat" from.
Probably soy and similar things. In response to the comment about eating BETA, that wouldn't be artificial meat (though it would be artificial beef), since BETA are carbon-based lifeforms. (I wouldn't care to eat Soldier-class BETA, but otherwise, well, it's the same carbon that would have been going into crops and livestock in the areas that BETA have occupied...Harvest 'em back! )
Old 2012-07-29, 15:40   Link #26
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I think that one mistake made in the whole testing process was that it was apparently not made clear to the test pilot, Yuuya , that he was testing a spec ops mechs for elite pilots. Not for your run of the mill Eshi. But hey, unclear communication is one of the most frequently used plot devices out there. Certainly , Yui was being very offensive, and so to was Yuuya.

But still, had it been made clear to Yuuya that he was testing a special machine for a warrior and not a soldier, quite a lot of his points would never have been valid. They are perfectly true, if you are referring to the red shirts of the world. If you are referring to the Yui of the world though, they are insultingly false.
The XFJ plan was Stated in ep3 to replace the aging type 94 Siranui with a new Model.
The siranui is the standard run of the mil TSF for the grunts of the Imperial Japnese army.
So No, yuuya is helping to develop the new Standard grunt TSF for Japan.

the entire Japanese philosophy is one of the warrior culture in this universe. they expect their entire military to follow that doctrine, grunt or no grunt . And this is reflected in all their TSFs, the tye 97 fubuki in ep4 is a TSF used for beginner pilot cadets in japan to learn on and you seen what that was like for Yuuya. The Takemikazuchi seen this episode is what you would call an Spec Op elite unit.
Old 2012-07-29, 15:58   Link #27
YF19EX

After fully watching the translated up, I'll retract what I said for the most part.

In Yuuya vs Yui, it did overall boil down to combat philosophies of their respective countries. Since the XJF project is for Japan, it makes overall sense that they want it tailored to the Japanese perspective in combat. One of my problems with that is why bring in a US pilot with a completely different sense of combat operation if you were not going to use his opinion in someway to add to it? In someways is probably more behinds the scene collect data and adjust accordingly since Yuuya and Yui's conversations on the surface don't seem to produce much results.

Yuuya has talent to pilot it, but as we have seen, the machine is designed to run on the ragged edge of performance. Of course it would take nothing but an expert pilot to control it. But its also matter of placing all your eggs in one basket. How much is this thing going to cost? How long will it take to train pilots to use it effectively? Will this mech kill ratio substantially increase over other existing mechs? But in a battle for survival, cost should probably never be an issue, but even the world is still fragmented and time, materials and pilots are finite commodities.

On Yuuya's problem, its not his piloting ability or ability to analyse and understand. Its his hardheadedness and pride and other internal issues with Yui that comes out every time the two are with each other. From there he can't think straight and ends up pushing is overall opinion and philosophy on the matter. I won't let Yui pass though. Her insults to him pushed him sometimes the wrong way and some of her philosophical way of pointing out mistakes are about as clear as fog bank when trying to communicate with Yuuya.

I think the final battle was probably the push (lesson) he needed. And yes Yui could have probably finished him anytime. His movements were clumsy on his initial onslaught. I think she got serious when he pitched that little defensive maneuver that surprised her. He was finally coming to terms with the machines base philosophy and began turning his tactics and control to accommodate the machine and not the machine to him.

With that out of the way, time of some shipping to occur!
Old 2012-07-29, 16:11   Link #28
Shungin12

how many volumes of total eclipse are out and how volume does this suppose to cover
Old 2012-07-29, 16:12   Link #29
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

5 volumes and the story did not end yet.
Old 2012-07-29, 16:15   Link #30
Bombo
TSF Fans

Yui <3
I like the song when she attacked them .
Old 2012-07-29, 16:22   Link #31
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

@YF19EX yeah and now hes gonna work on the new trick he learned and in process develop quight a few romantic intrests

@Bombo so do i

and i belive the jives program is simmiler to a vr program but the tfs have set in them something to make it seem more real i belive and (thought someone said something about it )

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-07-29 at 16:36.
Old 2012-07-29, 16:34   Link #32
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
5 volumes and the story did not end yet.
there 30 chapters in the original tech gian release. the 5 consolidated volume only covers up to chapter 20. So there is enough for 7 or 8 volumes. but yeah the LN is on a planned Hiatus .
Old 2012-07-29, 16:43   Link #33
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nekomimi Maid Chobi ( ^ω^ )ベロベロ BETA weren't needed after all!
I'm going to go and name my new Memento Mismagius after her.
This episode also add some stuff regarding Tarisa, in that when she first entered the program, she would always be frowning and quiet according to VG. People do change quite a bit after awhile don't they.
Old 2012-07-29, 16:47   Link #34
YF19EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
yeah and now hes gonna work on the new trick he learned and in process develop quight a few romantic intrests
With that preview statement Yui is already jelly..
Old 2012-07-29, 16:59   Link #35
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

With this episode we have finished up to vol 2 of the manga.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-07-29, 17:02   Link #36
tsunade666

Nice episode but if I only watch the couple few minutes which I watch then dropped then I will give this episode a 1. I hate to see the continues bantering of characters then a tone shift with the welcome party and a back story for the characters not just Tarissa. Everyone one of them are fighting in the front lines and Yuuya understand it better on this episode. Then the second part happen. It looks like a good fight but the animation look still too me or copy paste frame when the sword keeps hitting on each other. Sure it looks nice and all in looks wise but I still dislike it. Onto the story part and confrontation. Yui is indeed elite. She deserves her katana in that elite princess of her when she was being describe in the restaurant. She has good piloting skills that the 3 knocks out easily then proceed on teaching, testing Yuuya herself. Yuuya finds the real meaning in piloting the TSF which he calls a "junk" but after that fight. It looks to me that his Type 94 Second is his best friend. He still needs lot to learn and next episode looks feels like a different one. Raining and such......
Old 2012-07-29, 20:56   Link #37
Belgaesh

This was a good episode, we got inner monologues from both Yuuya and Yui and got too understand a little more about both. Looks like is what Vincent said, both of them are alike.
Old 2012-07-29, 21:04   Link #38
YF19EX

It was nice. For the last 2 eps we have only seen Yuuya's thoughts on the matter. Its nice to see Yui does not hold a low opinion of him. Its more that she sees his rapid potential as a pilot to a completely new system. But at the same time, it was not enough. Bet she was probably thinking on how to flush that out.
Old 2012-07-29, 21:30   Link #39
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Seriously? Soybeans obviously.

Though it'd be amusing if they ate BETAs. There certainly doesn't seem to be a lack of them. Or at least, we can presume there isn't a lack of them as we haven't actually seen a BETA yet in this time period.

One thing that's been bugging me is the seeming insinuation that Yuya has no actual real combat experience vs BETAs. When the entire world seems to be under duress to this degree, it just seems hard to swallow that he was considered such an ace pilot without spending any time on any front lines. This isn't peace time where people can make names for themselves simply through practice, or at least I would think. Or, maybe I'm reading too much into his monologues.

And, regardless of whether the new Japanese TSFs are going to actually be mass produced or not, I still fail to see what the point of Argos 2-4 are. If they are using the best pilots they can find to push the design envelope for their new TSFs, why is only one of those pilots seeming to contribute any data towards that end?

As far as the whole mass produced blah blah stuff goes, c'mon. We know how this is going to go. They can mass produce till their face goes blue, but this fight to liberate Japan is going to come down to the actions of these four test pilots (and probably the two russians), who for some inexplicable reason (oh wait, drama), will end up on the front lines, so for all practical purposes, they may as well not be mass produced at all.

The whole novice vs veteran and the design philosophies being raised are hogwash imo, as it compares and contrasts apples and oranges. These are pilots, not say...infantry. They're piloting expensive, specialized machines. The idea that a novice is supposed to be able to just pick one up is misleading. It takes far more specialized training to be a fighter jet pilot than being infantry, so trying to use the infantry as a comparison between the design and fighting philosophies between two countries seems very dishonest. Do we really believe a fresh-faced pilot without any training is going to magically be able to use either an American or Japanese (or Russian, etc) TSF? No, so this whole mass produced products need to be able to be used without specialized training seems like an empty statement. Heck, the show has essentially stated just that over the last few episodes, and I think people are reading far more into Yuya's statement about needing to be a veteran than they are supposed to, and that the statement is just reflecting how he uses his shame of his Japanese history to make excuses for himself when it comes to the Japanese TSF, and that it has nothing to actually do with philosophical differences between Japanese and American pilots (a far fairer comparison, than what is essentially comparing Japanese pilots to American infantryman).

The good news is he's slowly working through his blind hate that's obstructing his awesome innate ability, and one can only presume that by the end of this show, he'll have exorcised all the demons within himself pertaining to his shame of his ethnic heritage.

I'd also like to second what was asked earlier. How in the world does their simulation of the BETAs work that it provides actual force feedback like that? I could understand if they were using simulators, but...and if they are able to make things solid out of thin air, you'd think it'd be an easy matter to wipe out the BETAs without any TSFs to speak of.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-07-29, 21:37   Link #40
Enternal

This episode really made me happy in a way. When there was that crazy "warly" discussion in the anime thread which goes on an on about Yui vs Yuuya and how they're both an ass and a bitch and what not, one thing that kind of bugs me was that I felt Yuuya was being an ass almost like for the sake of being an ass. Yui however was being a bitch yet at the same time, I felt that it seems like she also cared for Yuuya and in fact, it was similar to "tough love". She was being tough and harsh on him but her true intentions was trying to help him. It was a bit more clear when she earnestly explain what he could have done during the mock battle.

That aside, I'm glad that Yuuya was able to quicky understand Yui's point she was trying to make. From now, he's going to be even better and... is Yui going to join his little harem next? Lol!
Closed Thread