Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 22:16   Link #701
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
If people here think Lisara is bad... Then what the heck do they think about Louise from Zero no Tsukaima?? Lisara is in the tolerable middle of the tsun bar IMO, while Yui from To Love Ru is the tsundere type I prefer, being lower on the tsun bar.
Wouldn't know, ain't gonna waste my time (and health) watching it to find out. (More like raging when I find out.)
Old 2012-09-30, 22:41   Link #702
Miraluka
Banned

Truste me when I tell you that you would rage like watching Ume from Ben-to but this time using a whip meant for animals leaving injuries and trying to portrait it off as funny.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:52   Link #703
Midonin
Last Engage

Are we just looking for excuses to get angry at this point?

Romantic stuff aside, Lisara was dedicated to her mission from day one, and her flame gear was pretty cool. There is at least something more to her personality than what everyone's harping on.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:54   Link #704
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Are we just looking for excuses to get angry at this point?

Romantic stuff aside, Lisara was dedicated to her mission from day one, and her flame gear was pretty cool. There is at least something more to her personality than what everyone's harping on.
Problem is, her mission is what brought the anime down for me at least. Everything about her and what she was trying to accomplish is what brought the "drama" that ruined the show in the first place for me at least.

Just can't find anything she did positive for the show. The best part was the light-hearted comedy hijinks, and she would just bring all that down.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:58   Link #705
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
The best part was the light-hearted comedy hijinks, and she would just bring all that down.
Comedy needs a straight man to play everything off. That juxtaposition is what makes the thing we call comedy. And the past few pages of bashing have been more pathetic than anything. I'm sure it's cathartic in some fashion (though I find the motivations behind it suspect), but it's not really discussing the show on any meaningful level.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:07   Link #706
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Comedy needs a straight man to play everything off.
Difference between a straightman and unlikable character. Lisara falls into the latter. Sen from Ben-to was a perfect example of the former.

Quote:
And the past few pages of bashing have been more pathetic than anything. I'm sure it's cathartic in some fashion (though I find the motivations behind it suspect), but it's not really discussing the show on any meaningful level.
The discussion has been what the entire show tried to present, a romantic comedy with a little action on the side. This is suppose to be a main heroine who we are suppose to like, cheer and root for her getting closer to Ryousuke. Can't speak for everyone else, but she did just the opposite and made me not care what happened to her.

You take out the romantic aspect of this show, there is nothing to really even talk about. The action was only good at times, and the plot didn't make sense after awhile. The romantic aspect is the only thing to discuss...And she made it clear she has no intention on taking it a step further with Ryousuke.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:11   Link #707
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
You take out the romantic aspect of this show, there is nothing to really even talk about.
So all the stuff with Grimwald and the mythos and their method of harvesting humanity is nothing? I was interested in that kind of world-building, for what little we got of it. That they're able to set up companies in the human world without us knowing also intrigues me, and makes me wonder how long they've been at this. All the things it implies. I wouldn't just casually brush them off with one sentence. A show can be discussed on a deeper level if you put in a little effort to look for it. It's better than bashing a character in a way that stopped being constructive about two pages ago.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:14   Link #708
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
So all the stuff with Grimwald and the mythos and their method of harvesting humanity is nothing?
Not really...just wasn't that appealing to me TBH. I preferred the situations at the school and his home over the Grimwald stuff.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:19   Link #709
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
So all the stuff with Grimwald and the mythos and their method of harvesting humanity is nothing? I was interested in that kind of world-building, for what little we got of it. That they're able to set up companies in the human world without us knowing also intrigues me, and makes me wonder how long they've been at this. All the things it implies. I wouldn't just casually brush them off with one sentence. A show can be discussed on a deeper level if you put in a little effort to look for it. It's better than bashing a character in a way that stopped being constructive about two pages ago.
I think the title was the main source of expectation. Any other part that may stray from the title either gets or doesn't get shown attention. When you put the letter H in a title, even if it's for a light novel, you usually expect something related to it. I'm probably guessing here, but while it was expected that we wouldn't see any relationships being consummated since, of course, Light Novel, we were expecting feelings to be realized and good results coming from it. Those are my 2 cents anyway, and to be honest the series lost me after seeing Lisara's mom. I was like, oh, she's bouncy and she has a famous VA, after that, meh. Also, School Life/Slice of Life stuff tends to be a bit more popular than medieval brew ha ha when it comes to these types of titles.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:29   Link #710
Insane
Banned

In short, Dakara Boku tries to contain all the genre (action, romance, fantasy), but fails at every single one of them.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:35   Link #711
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quick question, is the light novel or manga done? Because we could also blame the classic attempt at making an ongoing series into a 12 episode animé.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:42   Link #712
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Quick question, is the light novel or manga done? Because we could also blame the classic attempt at making an ongoing series into a 12 episode animé.
Both LN and manga are still ongoing right now. Based on some spoilers on Dakara Boku LN Thread, the manga is quite faithful with its LN counterpart, and about anime........some people said that Vol 1 and 2 got butchered so badly (even worse than that of Campione). Even worse, there're some crucial events that got annihilated at all in anime adaptation, such as:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-30, 23:52   Link #713
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah, so we can blame it on poor anime adaptation this time, sweet .
Old 2012-10-01, 00:01   Link #714
Snuffle
likes cute things

BTW... was it ever mentioned about WHY he can't H? Unless I've missed something, I don't understand why the show is called what it is...
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 00:03   Link #715
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
BTW... was it ever mentioned about WHY he can't H? Unless I've missed something, I don't understand why the show is called what it is...
The final 3 mins of the finale episode answers it
Old 2012-10-01, 00:05   Link #716
Insane
Banned

Meh, at least we still got some nice scenes at the last episode. And Ryosuke was no more thinking with his d*ck but his brain instead.
Old 2012-10-01, 00:10   Link #717
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
The final 3 mins of the finale episode answers it
Oh I see. I was thinking from the perspective of there must be a problem with him psychologically or physically. But instead it's about the girl he wants to DO simply won't let him. I knew it was comedy/ecchi before the show started but I was expecting something more creative with a title like that.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 00:12   Link #718
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
It's basically making impotence into an animé fantasy plot.
Old 2012-10-01, 00:22   Link #719
Insane
Banned

Quote:
I think it was already clear from episode 2, since he couldn't get his usual morning wood while got up from his sleep.
Old 2012-10-01, 01:49   Link #720
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
How many episodes is this? I thought the anime ( or the season) is finished already..
"Why it still marked current series?"
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, science fiction, shounen