AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-16, 12:50   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 564 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Well, a week's come and gone, and now the break is over! A small summary is available now:

-Whitebeard fights the marine VA John Giant, but the VA falls to the mighty pirate's earthquake powers.

-Whitebeard makes another earthquake in an attempt to destroy the execution platform, but the admirals stop him. The rest of his crew are advancing towards the platform, as well. However, the defensive wall that Sengoku had raised makes it difficult for the rest of the pirates to reach the platform. Fortunately, it turns out that there's a section of the wall that is obstructed by the downed giant Oars, whose blood leaked into the wall's power system, damaging it......

-Akainu attacks Whitebeard with a "Meteor Volcano" attack, in which he makes a fist-shaped glob of magma fall down from the sky......

Hmm, so it looks like things are heating up! Rather disappointed to learn that John Giant gets taken out so quickly, since I was really looking forward to seeing him in action. I can only hope that the Buster Call VAs will not go down as quickly as he did. Akainu's attack sounds pretty badass, too. Hmm, I suppose that Luffy is storming the plaza with Whitebeard's men as well, since he was accompanied by a group of commanders a couple of chapters ago.....

By the way, it's great to know that Oars' sacrifice wasn't in vain. Here's to hoping the big fella survives, eh? (I know it contradicts what I said before about him becoming Moria's next puppet, but there's always Whitebeard for that.)

Well, now to wait for pics.....
Old 2009-11-16, 13:04   Link #2
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, it's great to know that Oars' sacrifice wasn't in vain. Here's to hoping the big fella survives, eh?
Here's to hoping Oars dies. Oda needs to push himself to finally kill off characters in the present time. He has to stop with the ambiguities already (leaving us readers wondering if the characters are dead or not).

I'm also disappointed to know that VA John Giant fell so quickly. I know that he had to contend with an enraged Whitebeard, but still. This does not forebode very well for the buster call VA's.
Old 2009-11-16, 13:07   Link #3
james0246

Yeah, go John Giant, show us just why you have a desk job .
Old 2009-11-16, 13:15   Link #4
marvelB

It's kinda funny to see how Whitebeard took out two giant VAs with relative ease. I mean, I could understand that Ronse guy since he was pretty much fodder anyway, but John Giant? I mean, seeing as he first appeared way back at the end of the Arlong arc, I would've expected him to be one of the more experienced VAs who would have something of a fighting chance against Whitebeard. Oh well, I at least hope he puts up an epic two-page fight or something before he gets KO'ed......
Old 2009-11-16, 13:17   Link #5
james0246

^More experienced at handing out orders maybe, or filing paperwork...

Let's face it; John Giant was a Giant Secretary....
Old 2009-11-16, 13:21   Link #6
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's kinda funny to see how Whitebeard took out two giant VAs with relative ease. I mean, I could understand that Ronse guy since he was pretty much fodder anyway, but John Giant? I mean, seeing as he first appeared way back at the end of the Arlong arc, I would've expected him to be one of the more experienced VAs who would have something of a fighting chance against Whitebeard.
Exactly. Unfortunately, Oda has a tendency of making his marines look incompetent/inept at times. He never gives them a break and they are always being made to look like fools.
Old 2009-11-16, 13:32   Link #7
andy

John Giant is facing the strongest man in the world . To make matters worst he is huge which makes it even easier for WB to kick his ass.

If luffy could 1hko a giant , i think the strongest man in the world with one of the best DF can do the same plus he piss off with no time to lose.

It not like we ever saw him fight before . Everyone is fodder for WB expect grap, sengoku and 3 admirals in the marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Exactly. Unfortunately, Oda has a tendency of making his marines look incompetent/inept at times. He never gives them a break and they are always being made to look like fools.
The marines were okay in this war so far .
Old 2009-11-16, 13:38   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^More experienced at handing out orders maybe, or filing paperwork...

Let's face it; John Giant was a Giant Secretary....

Hey, if Magellan can still be a formidable prison warden despite spending most of his time in the crapper, then I see no reason why JG couldn't be a badass pencil-pusher.....

Quote:

Well..... not always per se, but yeah, the marines do tend to get screwed over a lot. Even the more honest sailors aren't spared (like T-Bone). Well, as I said before, I don't really expect this war to have a clear "winner", but I do think the marines will at least have their own victory when Whitebeard finally falls.......
Old 2009-11-16, 13:42   Link #9
james0246

^Don't disparage John Giant. He is the best damn secretary the marines have ever seen....
Old 2009-11-16, 13:46   Link #10
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
It not like we ever saw him fight before . Everyone is fodder for WB expect grap, sengoku and 3 admirals in the marines.
This seems to be the case. It also confirms what I said long ago that the aforementioned 5 characters from the marines are the only ones who have the power to challenge the warlords (perhaps Smoker as well).
Old 2009-11-16, 13:52   Link #11
andy

Quote:
This seems to be the case. It also confirms what I said long ago that the aforementioned 5 characters from the marines are the only ones who have the power to challenge the warlords (perhaps Smoker as well).
Yep i would say smoker maybe able to face a warlord thanks to his DF. But so far in the marines i only have those 5 guys as match for anyone in the Op world. Until we see other wise.

I mean look what don did to oars . He would kill poor john the same way .
Giants are great but when get at certain level they become fodder.
Old 2009-11-16, 13:59   Link #12
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. The Marines have suffered their 1st MAJOR loss with him. The other giants, though they were Vice-Admirals weren't really all that famous or anythin, John Giant however is. Even in death, Oars Jr is serving a valuable purpose. Good on the big fella
Old 2009-11-16, 14:08   Link #13
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
The other giants, though they were Vice-Admirals weren't really all that famous or anythin, John Giant however is.
Actually, many of the marines that are participating in this war are famous throughout the world (Chapter 524 - Page 16).
Old 2009-11-16, 14:12   Link #14
andy

Man the way WB took down john is awesome form Aohige_AP

When Whitebeard takes down John Giant, he causes an earthquake so large, it tilts the entire island as well as the sea around it.

To elaborate, he caused this massive earthquake to trip John onto the ground.
After he tilts the island, he jumps onto John, and pounds another earthquake into the giant's chest.

I hope that clarifies

The man is a monster lol
Old 2009-11-16, 14:21   Link #15
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Man the way WB took down john is awesome form Aohige_AP

When Whitebeard takes down John Giant, he causes an earthquake so large, it tilts the entire island as well as the sea around it.

To elaborate, he caused this massive earthquake to trip John onto the ground.
After he tilts the island, he jumps onto John, and pounds another earthquake into the giant's chest.

I hope that clarifies

The man is a monster lol
Very nice. This is what we've all been waiting to see: the true power of Whitebeard when he goes on a relentless assault. I mean, considering how his time is drawing near, I would expect Oda to show us his full arsenal of moves by the end of this arc. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 2009-11-16, 14:53   Link #16
Prestige

If you get beated by WHITEBEARD it wont mean you are fodder. If Whitebeard even bothers to go against someone then it alone means he is not fodder.

Whitebeard is strongest man in world, or atleast he was but he still is pretty damn formidable aswell.

This starts to remind me how Blackbeard was turned to fodder/rookie when Magellan overwhelmed him
Old 2009-11-16, 15:38   Link #17
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Actually, many of the marines that are participating in this war are famous throughout the world (Chapter 524 - Page 16).
Not compared to John Giant they're not. Although i must say, i feel sorry for him. He seems to be a good person, a true blue marine, but a kind one.
Old 2009-11-16, 15:57   Link #18
marvelB

Yeah, after reading aohige's extra detail I'm more willing to accept John Giant's defeat, now. I mean, it's pretty crazy to think that Whitebeard would literally tip an entire island over just to trip up ol' JG. I'm still disappointed to know that he was taken out in a single chapter, but at least it's good to know that he simply didn't get facequake'd like that Ronse dude did.....

Well, now to look forward to Akainu's magma meteor, I guess.
Old 2009-11-16, 16:29   Link #19
cheese4u
da big boss

WB'S the strongest man in the world, it would bring down his stock if he had difficulties fighting a Vice Admiral (with the exception of Garp).
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-11-16, 17:15   Link #20
PrototypeX2

Akainu looks pretty paramecia to me after this.Seems like he is always manipulating his volcanos in shapes of fists?
Closed Thread