AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-18, 21:42   Link #61
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I've given up trying to fix the audio glitch. I seem to be the only one with the problem, judging by how I've completely failed to find any info on the existence of this bug, much less a solution, so I'm suspecting there's a hiccup between the game and my soundcard somewhere.

So here's a second question: I have another laptop, though that one has Vista on it. Does Little Busters run on Vista?
Yes LB works because I have a laptop + Vista. I am using it to play LB Ex.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-02-19, 16:18   Link #62
siletim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
It worked, but had to remove the EX letters from file directory otherwise the patch kept saying please install in little Busters directory
I'm glad to hear it worked. I hope the final patch will be compatible with LB:EX! as well (it's impossible to make any predictions at this point). Can you tell me if you experienced any problems with the patch so far? Or it worked perfectly?
Old 2009-02-20, 08:56   Link #63
lightl

well, I woudl say do not run the battle if you can , cause some time think one of the other mini -game pops up, I some time see Saya pointing the gun, scope moving around, . Other than that works fine for me
Old 2009-02-20, 16:34   Link #64
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Are the battles translated? I just started the game, and some parts of the second battle have the names untranslated and the first battle isn't even translated at all.
Old 2009-02-20, 21:06   Link #65
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Are the battles translated? I just started the game, and some parts of the second battle have the names untranslated and the first battle isn't even translated at all.
The translation in this patch is here and there for the battles and baseball games. In my opinion, playing this patch before the final patch comes out leads to despair over wanting more.
Old 2009-02-21, 21:06   Link #66
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The translation in this patch is here and there for the battles and baseball games. In my opinion, playing this patch before the final patch comes out leads to despair over wanting more.
Yeah. It's sad because the baseball minigame and the rankings system seem interesting [the battles, not so much...].

Is there any place to point out errors that you find in the script? Well, this isn't the final patch, but....
Old 2009-02-22, 02:15   Link #67
tyciol
*Artist

I wonder, do you think people will ever patch with english voice actors? I know some people do that for fun with anime.
Old 2009-02-22, 04:34   Link #68
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I'm glad to see people translating Little Busters, and that it also works for Ecstasy. So how much of this is actually done so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
I wonder, do you think people will ever patch with english voice actors? I know some people do that for fun with anime.
That would be...a lot of voice acting.
Old 2009-02-22, 07:31   Link #69
siletim

Quote:

Haha, that's certainly an interesting idea, but I assure you that'll not happen.

Quote:
Is there any place to point out errors that you find in the script? Well, this isn't the final patch, but....
You could try emailing me directly at tim.silent ∞∞∞∞ gmail.com (or use PM). But yes, it's not the final version of the patch (far from it in fact), so if you report something, chances are we already have it fixed.

Quote:
So how much of this is actually done so far?
It's difficult to say how far we got so far. I daresay we've already translated about 20-25% of the game, but this doesn't reflect the progress of the project in any way. And I might be even wrong in this assumption.

Quote:
cause some time think one of the other mini -game pops up, I some time see Saya pointing the gun, scope moving around
Hm... I see. I'm not sure if that final patch will be compatible with the EX version. But we'll probably try to make it work with it, seeing how few people have the original version.
Old 2009-02-27, 18:18   Link #70
Shadow Kira01

I used to thought that Little Busters was a visual novel with RPG elements but I was wrong. I just finished the trial edition and it appears that the battles are part of the story rather than something like Megiddo.

For over 200 megs, the trial edition was definitely short. I used to thought that psp demos over 200 megs are short but now, I see something shorter.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-02-27 at 18:18. Reason: edited
Old 2009-03-01, 18:12   Link #71
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I used to thought that Little Busters was a visual novel with RPG elements but I was wrong. I just finished the trial edition and it appears that the battles are part of the story rather than something like Megiddo.

For over 200 megs, the trial edition was definitely short. I used to thought that psp demos over 200 megs are short but now, I see something shorter.
What? Really?
I don't know about Megiddo, but as far as I know, you can turn off the RPG elements and play Little Busters! like a standard visual novel.
Old 2009-03-02, 10:10   Link #72
siletim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post

You're wrong. It's actually a normal visual novel with RPG-style minigames which can be turned off like OceanBlue mentioned. They don't have any impact on the story.
Old 2009-03-02, 10:21   Link #73
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Well it depends on if people want to do the fandubbing.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-03-15, 10:29   Link #74
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A question concerning the incomplete patch, do the newer versions overwrite the old ones without problems?
Old 2009-03-27, 05:43   Link #75
siletim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A question concerning the incomplete patch, do the newer versions overwrite the old ones without problems?
Sorry, I don't often visit animesuki, so I couldn't answer your question earlier. As far as I can tell, every time you install a new patch it messes up all your previous save files, but I'm not sure. You should drop by our irc channel some time if you have any questions ( #fluffy@irc.synirc.net ).
Old 2009-04-02, 22:01   Link #76
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I can assume the April 1st patch on the TLWiki site is a joke, right?
Old 2009-04-03, 12:15   Link #77
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I can assume the April 1st patch on the TLWiki site is a joke, right?
Why would you say that? Who's got time for joke translation patches?

People keep wondering about EX, but the primary focus is on the original release. It'll take a lot of work just to get that done.

Since there is a lot of overlap, at some point we'll probably be able to automate a fair amount of the process, to apply translated passages from LB to EX, but it'll probably be awhile before something like that happens (if ever).

The game engine (reallive) in EX is an updated version and it likely contains additional bytecode that isn't understood by the current tools. They're still catching up to the Little Busters version at this point.

Also there's some additional encoding or minor scrambling applied to the EX script files which will require additional time to sort out, so that will have to be taken care of before even any experimental EX patches appear.

I hope those who have tried the translation in progress are enjoying it. It's a great game.
Old 2009-04-03, 14:27   Link #78
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
Wait, you're kidding.

Well. Uh.

How much would you say is translated so far?

Also, I'd really like to thank you people for your hard work. Seriously. I love this game.
Old 2009-04-03, 14:44   Link #79
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Yeah ? Then you missed 1st april. Mirrormoon released translation patch for Tsukihime 2. Seriously.
Old 2009-04-03, 18:57   Link #80
siletim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Wait, you're kidding.

Well. Uh.

How much would you say is translated so far?

Also, I'd really like to thank you people for your hard work. Seriously. I love this game.
About 29% maybe. You don't want to quote me on this though. I pretty much pulled that out of my head. (this game has like 75k lines, so even if 29% doesn't sound like a whole lot, it's about the size of some other commercial games)

Richard 23,

Hey, you're registered on animesuki. Fancy meeting you here (´・д・`)
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation