AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 43 51.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 13.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-09, 15:27   Link #21
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

This episode is so awesome... I can't stop watching the part when Jin just exploded (not literally; actually, I would say literally).

...But dang... that was a really long shout...

The glasses girl in Art Club was great, too. And the ending scene was pretty cute.

I wonder how long they can keep the lie about being sibling up...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-11-09, 16:01   Link #22
mpt37

This episode is definitely my favorite one so far. Hilarious from beginning to end and with a really nice scene with Jin and Nagi at the end.

I loved Abika's quick "Tsundere?" when Tsugumi got mad at Jin.

Also... I saw this posted somewhere else but, Haruhi?

Old 2008-11-09, 16:42   Link #23
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
I think this screenie from episode 5 sums up episode 6 pretty well.

Spoiler for Screenie:
Old 2008-11-09, 20:06   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Opening foot scene was wonderful. Shame the opening title gets in the way, though the far away shots make up for that.

Plenty of laughs this episode, making it very enjoyable. Highlights being adorable Tsugumi moments (that tsundere remake from Akiha cracked me up), and amazing Takako just being amazing.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:30   Link #25
sikvod00

Don't give up, Tsugumi! The outfit Nagi had on was too much for any guy to handle!
Old 2008-11-09, 22:34   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that was just really smart and really funny and beautifully animated - that's the reason I waste hours of my life watching anime, to get to nuggets like this. Tsugumi was shades of Sakura (Wagaya no Oiniri-Sama) with her manic panic episode fantasies, Nagi was moe in her cosplay mode and Jin was adorable with his "Pure Pure Boy" blushing and shouting out at the world. Stellar, just stellar.

Kannagi clearly seems to be finding it's slot as this season's "Lucky Star" or MOHS - the thinking otaku's self-referential ouroboros of fourth-wall shattering humor and knowing winks at the audience. I find this series much more likeable than either of those, for my money - as someone who hasn't read the manga I'm curious to see where this winding path will lead, but there certainly seemed to be hope for Jin/Nagi rooters in this ep.
Old 2008-11-10, 00:07   Link #27
Itlandm
Porcupine

Having never read the manga, I expected a very different outcome after the first scene of this episode. Actually, I was a bit disappointed. I had not expected Jin to act like that.

I guess the outcome in the second half could not be avoided. Despite knowing quite well what Nagi is, he keeps looking at her body when she is not watching, and he keeps looking at her underwear in the wash. Surely he must know that this would cause embarrassment sooner og later.
Old 2008-11-10, 00:10   Link #28
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
This episode is definitely my favorite one so far. Hilarious from beginning to end and with a really nice scene with Jin and Nagi at the end.

I loved Abika's quick "Tsundere?" when Tsugumi got mad at Jin.

Oh wow, haha good catch!
Old 2008-11-10, 00:48   Link #29
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post

Theoretically, that's not haruhi. Since Haruhi uses different color band for that hairstyle, no?
Old 2008-11-10, 01:01   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Miyazaki had a cameo in this ep, too.
Old 2008-11-10, 01:55   Link #31
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
Hanaharu Naruco - artist of Kamichu manga, and highly revered H-manga author (recent work - Shoujo Material compilation)
A great artist indeed. She draws quite well. Most of her work has been scanlated worth checking out. Oh and no it's not a mistake what I said, the artist is female.

Anyways great episode really enjoyed it. The animation was also better then the previous episode hope they can keep this up.
Old 2008-11-10, 01:56   Link #32
ThoHell

the emotional wheel is turning...interesting....
Old 2008-11-10, 02:23   Link #33
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

lol. "Kisuke BAAAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
Ahhh, that was awesome.
Surprisingly, Kannagi have pushed up itself very high in my ranking for this anime season. And I ALMOST didn't watch this anime =.=;
Old 2008-11-10, 03:32   Link #34
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

This ep gets a rare perfect 10 from me. It had everything, and it's hard for me to find a fault. If there was one at all, it would be that Zange felt a bit tacked on at the end, but it turned out pretty funny so it was ok.

Very good week for me so far, all the series I've been following have had excellent episodes for the week.
Old 2008-11-10, 04:18   Link #35
Clarste
Human

I'd have to disagree with what seems to be the overall sentiment here. I didn't like this episode. It's leaning in a romantic comedy direction that's frankly pretty boring.

Well, I'll keep watching for the interactions between the side characters. That side of the show hasn't slacked off.
Old 2008-11-10, 05:05   Link #36
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I liked it though I didn't exactly enjoy the episode. I didn't see much point behind the episode but I hope episode 07 will bring more excitement.
Old 2008-11-10, 06:48   Link #37
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'd have to disagree with what seems to be the overall sentiment here. I didn't like this episode. It's leaning in a romantic comedy direction that's frankly pretty boring.

Well, I'll keep watching for the interactions between the side characters. That side of the show hasn't slacked off.
While I don't quite agree to this extent, I do think that this show is at its best when it isn't leaning towards the more romancy stuff. The best scene in this ep was the shopping for bras scene, which was anything but romantic. It was just hilarious to see Nagi and Tsugumi let their respective imaginations get the better of them and how the whole thing just went downhill so dramatically after a couple of careless slip-ups and tactless comments followed by the two of them trying to cover their asses only to make things worse. And the constant introspection just made the scene work so well. The fact that Tsugumi knew that she'd been tactless... yet she followed it up by trying to carefully dance around the incoming trainwreck only to accelerate into it headfirst. Brilliant.

As for the rest of the episode, I lol'd at the constant fourth wall breaking and otaku culture references. It seems that Yamamoto is comfortable with humour of that style, which is fine by me. As I sort of hinted at earlier, the more serious romance stuff doesn't really work for me. In all honesty, I thought Jin's embarrassed outburst at the maid cafe was pretty cringe-worthy.

Overall, I'm still not sure where they're going with all of this, and I certainly can't for certain that I'll still like it when they get there. The current equilibrium, tenuous as it is, is perfect for comedy, but the premise almost demands that there be plot of some nature, and kinda suggests that there'll be romance, and I'm not sure I like that, since it'd mean the show would be moving away from its strength, ie, the comedy. Then again, no comedy has an infinite lifespan (the vast majority of anime comedies are at their funniest in the first few episodes), and they do have the end this somehow. We'll see.
Old 2008-11-10, 07:55   Link #38
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

It'll happen eventually once the show starts to delve into Nagi and Zange's collective past. Heck, I'm not even a manga reader, but I'm willing to bet, right now, that the show will start to become serious once we get to HAKUA'S past. Which might be sooner than we think.

And poor Tsugumi. She never stood a chance.
Old 2008-11-10, 08:35   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
And poor Tsugumi. She never stood a chance.
We never know --- after this defeat, she may go with the more 'forceful approach'.
Old 2008-11-10, 08:46   Link #40
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Oh and no it's not a mistake what I said, the artist is female.
Last I checked, Hanaharu Naruko (鳴子ハナハル) was male. (Though apparently people do often think that it's a girl because of the "子" [ko] kanji.)
Closed Thread