AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 43 14.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 4.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 8.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 14.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 26 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 4.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 19 6.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 16 5.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 2.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 85 29.41%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-05, 19:36   Link #421
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Ha! All of you who are complaining about the episode just need to see this in slow-motion, obviously:

Some of its flair is lost from compression, but hey, it's not like I could ever capture the extent of the CLASSINESS Koizumi exudes, anyways.
Old 2009-07-05, 19:41   Link #422
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
Ha! All of you who are complaining about the episode just need to see this in slow-motion, obviously:

Some of its flair is lost from compression, but hey, it's not like I could ever capture the extent of the CLASSINESS Koizumi exudes, anyways.
Haha. Agreed. Itsuki is gorgeous and charming. I can imagine most girls here wouldn't mind dating him at all. ^_^
Old 2009-07-05, 21:30   Link #423
Friday
Im shy too...

very painful.........

If it's like this next week........
Old 2009-07-05, 21:34   Link #424
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

Perhaps the nuts at koyani want us to understand the torcher that Yuki feels having to do the same things over and over, and watching Kyon fail to do what he needs to at the end over and over
Old 2009-07-05, 21:35   Link #425
kniteowl

a.f.k subs are out you guyz... although alot of people probably aren't looking forward to watching this episode
Old 2009-07-05, 22:17   Link #426
OkamiNoKaze

I don't know there are about 800 total seeds, for this download right now
Old 2009-07-05, 22:25   Link #427
Somnus
Eh?

I...don't know what to think. It was painful to watch as I was scraping dearly for what little new material there was, and somehow I made it to the end of the ep. It must've been the new outfits...Haruhi in one piece dresses throughout most of the episode was too good to pass up.
Old 2009-07-05, 23:08   Link #428
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

Like I said in the other thread... even if they show this another 15,499 times, it'll still be the best series ever to me. Regardless of what other people say, I wasn't bored by this episode at all.
Old 2009-07-05, 23:29   Link #429
Calca
Expressionless

We should just be happy they didn't start at the 1st loop and show each one.
Old 2009-07-05, 23:43   Link #430
neomanxl
Sucker for moe ~_~

Send a message via AIM to neomanxl
hmmm i feel pretty let down by this episode...

but if kyoani is trying to have the viewer experience the same amount of boredom and hopelessness as yuki...then they are doing a very good job. And this could be seen as artistic in one sense...
Old 2009-07-06, 00:14   Link #431
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
The analogy is really flawed because it assumes that because the person didn't enjoy the episode then anyone who does must do so only because they have no social life. Just like loving to read romance novels doesn't mean you are in anyway inexperienced in that department. I could likewise say that since I did enjoy this episode that anyone who didn't do so was because they mind was too limited to fully appreciate the depth of the episode's message. I wouldn't because that would be as flawed an assumption as your friends.
Indeed, personal attacks are silly to use in arguing things. I hate it when people say "How can people like this? I can't comprehend why people would like this drivel. An average person (who isn't a loser) wouldn't like it~" because it's a small step above just outright calling people stupid without a good reason. Likewise, even if I don't like said art, it doesn't always mean I can't comprehend it; I do comprehend it but don't like it.

It goes without saying that taking one's time to insult people for having no lives in a internet forum is well... very silly, considering there's a whole group of people think the something similar about watching anime in general.

Oh, and to go off tangent, here's for a wacky, unsubstantiated, and stupid interpretation of this episode/art from me that came up when i was drunk (aka turn on sarcasm detectors):
Spoiler:

P.S. Anime is serious buisness, apparently. And true while my above writing is pretty much nonsense, I find that more useful then just raging over some drawings.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:26   Link #432
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
/snip/

You know, I think they just don't want to jump too far. Remember, Vol. 10 of the novel isn't anywhere near being out.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:29   Link #433
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Haha. Agreed. Itsuki is gorgeous and charming. I can imagine most girls here wouldn't mind dating him at all. ^_^
You remind me of this screen ^_^
Spoiler for "Live a life", just to be safe:

Born to be the Goddess' Yes-man and lady-killer
Old 2009-07-06, 00:29   Link #434
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
You know, I think they just don't want to jump too far. Remember, Vol. 10 of the novel isn't anywhere near being out.
I am not familiar with the novels, but that would actually make more sense than anything I just said. I suppose they really like to keep a strict adherence to the source material; anime-original (known to some as filler when source material runs out) stuff tends to get hated on a lot.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:38   Link #435
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
I am not familiar with the novels, but that would actually make more sense than anything I just said. I suppose they really like to keep a strict adherence to the source material; anime-original (known to some as filler when source material runs out) stuff tends to get hated on a lot.
Look at it this way. They used ONE vol. to create a whole season. I don't think Kyoani wants to make another 8 seasons on the next 8 while waiting out Vol. 10. It's not very intelligent.

Even if it could, it wouldn't simply because, Haruhi is successful for five things:

1. Novelty
2. The otaku factor
3. The fact that Kyoani has other (KEY?) projects.
4. Mikuru's a moeblob like Nagisa and the whole of K-on.
5. Yuki, the woobie. Don't believe me??
Quote:
A genuine woobie is Yuki Nagato, actually. Starting at and especially in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Especially No.3, since that's like a proven formula.

Last edited by ZephyrLeanne; 2009-07-06 at 01:13.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:51   Link #436
Aqua Knight

It will repeat until we all finish our summer homework?
Old 2009-07-06, 00:52   Link #437
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
4. Mikuru's a moeblob like Nagisa and the whole of K-on.
Yuki's not in the list?? Well, I suppose to the people that I've shown Haruhi to, Mikuru tends to win their hearts... or something.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:02   Link #438
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Yuki's not in the list?? Well, I suppose to the people that I've shown Haruhi to, Mikuru tends to win their hearts... or something.
Moeblob isn't always a positive term.
Yuki's a woobie,
Quote:
A genuine woobie is Yuki Nagato, actually. Starting at and especially in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Totally different. But Yuki's better.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:10   Link #439
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Moeblob isn't always a positive term.
Yuki's a woobie,

Totally different. But Yuki's better.
Ah thanks, tvtropes is awesome. I wasn't really referring to Yuki as a moeblob; was just thinking about the reasons why Haruhi was successful (should have quoted the entire list)

Though I think you might have forgotten one reason-- the crazy animation quality all of kyoani works tend to have. Yea, I know it wasn't meant to be exhaustive, but I tend to blab on about it.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:12   Link #440
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Ah thanks, tvtropes is awesome. I wasn't really referring to Yuki as a moeblob; was just thinking about the reasons why Haruhi was successful (should have quoted the entire list)

Though I think you might have forgotten one reason-- the crazy animation quality all of kyoani works tend to have. Yea, I know it wasn't meant to be exhaustive, but I tend to blab on about it.
Hm. I never thought of Yuki as a major reason for Haruhi's success, it was more of a personal reason, than a popular one.

But guess what? I'll add it.