AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 36 Rating
Perfect 10 90 71.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 25.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 1.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-20, 19:04   Link #41
Tommy
Mr. Prince

It is gonna be a really long week for the last episode. Light has already declared himself the winner so I'm gonna guess N has one last trick and will end up on top.
Old 2007-06-20, 19:41   Link #42
Zek
Eyebrows...

Spoiler for 37 Preview:
Old 2007-06-20, 19:58   Link #43
UnknownSoldier

Just a fore note; I don't think any of this needs a spoiler tag because I'm only discussing and speculating based on what was given in this episode (including the preview). If you don't want to hear about the preview, skip this post now.

My only complaint about this is how obvious they're making the outcome seem. The second to last episode, and they have set it up to seem like Light has won no matter what. The fact that the cliffhanger is at a part where Light declares his victory, would mean that something obviously happens right after that which is bigger than Light winning (aka him losing); if that's not the case, then whoever is doing the anime needs to learn what a cliffhanger is about. Having everyone die in the first five minutes of the next episode, and then having Light do a victory dance for 15 minutes obviously wouldn't work. The entire thing screams that Light is going to lose. I swear to the Gods, every scene in the preview is pointing at Light losing. I mean, lets go over them:
  • Near holding up what is assumeably the list of names Mikami was writing.
  • A gun being fired.
  • Mikami with what looks to be a worried/shocked look on his face.
  • Light being forced to use the piece of the Death Note he keeps in his watch.
  • The Near and Mello dolls being shown together like they were (which would suggest that Mello did something important).
  • Mikami in custody (being held by some guy).
  • Light being up against the wall all alone; with everyone staring at him from a distance (previous preview scene) while admitting he is Kira.

My only hope is that this episode and the preview is them setting it up to make people believe that it's too obvious for Light to win, and then have him win. If he ends up losing, I'm going to be extremely disappointed in the way this has been handled.

This reminds me of those stupid reality TV shows which try to make you think one person is being voted out, when it's clearly someone else.

Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 2007-06-20 at 20:11.
Old 2007-06-20, 20:31   Link #44
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
I agree with the above, the placement of the ending and preview gave away just about everything.

Spoiler for 37 Preview:

However, there is still one huge twist (which had spoiled for me way before L's death) to go, something many of you won't be able to guess. Just make sure you stay away from the 2nd movie (and forums...) until 37 gets subbed!
Old 2007-06-20, 20:35   Link #45
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

There's a simple solution to this: don't watch the preview. :P
Old 2007-06-20, 21:51   Link #46
Super Ska Master

So yeah...I think we can all agree that Death Note is basically a perfect series all the way through. Hopefully people actually WATCHING the second arc will stop the huge amount of bias against it. Death Note is 100% awesome. Nuff said. And the ending rocks. I don't care what all you nay sayers say. You will be surprised! That's all I am going to say.
Old 2007-06-20, 22:37   Link #47
TigerII
Pilot in Training

At one point when Mikami was freaking out he looked like Alucard from Hellsing, same eyes, teeth, hair, all of it.
Old 2007-06-20, 22:58   Link #48
kauldron26
Med Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
So yeah...I think we can all agree that Death Note is basically a perfect series all the way through. Hopefully people actually WATCHING the second arc will stop the huge amount of bias against it. Death Note is 100% awesome. Nuff said. And the ending rocks. I don't care what all you nay sayers say. You will be surprised! That's all I am going to say.

i was beginning to think i was the only one that loved the ending... i thought it was perfect. but to each his own.
Old 2007-06-20, 23:20   Link #49
Auro
Harmlessly Eccentric

Send a message via MSN to Auro
Wow, so many posted so fast! This episode was a big O.o
And I think I too agree that it was the best or one of the best.
*Shaking* all the freaken tension and suspense! That was an amazing episode!!
The setting, the colour, the music and all that didn’t help with the suspense either
lol!

Spoiler for ep 24 and 36 scenes:

Spoiler for Show:

One more episode I can't wait to see what happens but then when its all over - what are we gonna do?!? I dont think there are many shows like Death Note out there *cries*
Oh well, as someone said better to finish good then continue and get bad.
But then we can look forward to getting the boxset and movies – yayness! It'll be fun watching it again.

~~Death Note's been brilliant, absolute brillant.~~

Last edited by Auro; 2007-06-21 at 07:47.
Old 2007-06-21, 00:25   Link #50
Only_a_Shadow
Kotomi~!

Awesome episode! 9/10.

Spoiler for Misa:

Spoiler for mikami:

spoilers just to be safe. :]
Old 2007-06-21, 01:21   Link #51
Forever
Revealing the truth

DAmn it what's wrong with Light? Why cant he just wait for the 40 sec to finish? He is virtually declaring he is kira which is what near wants. Why does he recklessly put his neck out like that? Shouldnt light have even thought of what will happen if something goes wrong?

Please let there be no twist. I am sick of morally and politically correct endings already. Let kira win!
Old 2007-06-21, 03:38   Link #52
ItachiGT
Banned

Hahahahaha.......Boku wa Kira!!!

If i would have a Deathnote, i will be the better Kira for sure!!!

hahaahahahaha.

Kira you Baka, i am superior to you! muhahahahahaha
Old 2007-06-21, 03:47   Link #53
Ryuk

Dual ending.... please let there be a dual ending!!! That way everyone get's their way!!
Old 2007-06-21, 05:05   Link #54
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

The episode was awsome , but seriosuly, almost every one hinting at the ending. Pelli you should make a Sticky " anime watchers stay away from episode 36 discussion Thread " .

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-06-21 at 05:24. Reason: No need to comment the ending now. Please wait a week.
Old 2007-06-21, 05:21   Link #55
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
The episode was awsome , but seriosuly, almost every one hinting at the ending. Pelli you should make a Sticky " anime watchers stay away from episode 36 discussion Thread " .
And why? Discussing episode 37 preview is part of episode 36 discussion.

I just wouldn't like to read unrelated comments or speculations on facts and events we didn't get to see in the actual episode 36, or in the preview for 37.

As I said before. Less than one week is left. Then everybody will be entitled to discuss the series on its full form.
Old 2007-06-21, 08:43   Link #56
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiGT View Post
Hahahahaha.......Boku wa Kira!!!

If i would have a Deathnote, i will be the better Kira for sure!!!

hahaahahahaha.

Kira you Baka, i am superior to you! muhahahahahaha
I will kill you before you can use it
If i had a death note i would start murdering my classmates XD

EDIT: Is there a rule where you can change on what is written on the death note
Old 2007-06-21, 08:45   Link #57
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

OMFG. BEST EPISODE EVER.

Never has an episode of any anime made me feel as this one just did. My heart was beating with excitement when Mikami started the whole Eliminate thing. Its been like 20 mins since i finished watching and i'm still all excited. I think this episode made Death Note my No.1 Anime of all time.

Perfect episode if i ever saw one.
Can't wait for the ending.
Old 2007-06-21, 08:53   Link #58
Cloudy

Well made episode!

This episode will go down as one of the best anime eps in 2007 in my list,along with the upcoming stage 24 and 25 of code geass and maybe some eps from the upcoming higurashi kai.

Ep37 is going to be a make or break episode.
Old 2007-06-21, 09:54   Link #59
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
And why? Discussing episode 37 preview is part of episode 36 discussion.

I just wouldn't like to read unrelated comments or speculations on facts and events we didn't get to see in the actual episode 36, or in the preview for 37.

As I said before. Less than one week is left. Then everybody will be entitled to discuss the series on its full form.
It would be nice to warn people the huge possibility of getting spoiled . Well denial is a good thing sometimes. When i was told L is going to die, i went in denial and didnt accept it so it didnt reduce my enjoyment of the show .

This episode was really good but i didnt think it was one of the best episodes ever made.
P.S. About making a Thread to warn people of spoiler hints in this thread, i was semi-joking .
P.S.2. Also was i hinting the ending myself ?. I didnt notice at all. I think most of the people who read the manga ,unconsciously hinting the ending. Not really on purpose.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-06-21 at 11:16.
Old 2007-06-21, 09:55   Link #60
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Well made episode!

This episode will go down as one of the best anime eps in 2007 in my list,along with the upcoming stage 24 and 25 of code geass and maybe some eps from the upcoming higurashi kai.

Ep37 is going to be a make or break episode.
I wish they would make it a dual ending to satisfy both sides
Closed Thread