AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-03-21, 16:21   Link #61
Westlo
Lets be reality

The opening song is doing nothing for me... pity there's no actual animation since I would like to get an idea of how much budget DEEN is giving this series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 16:28   Link #62
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Oh wait, it's Deen? I kept thinking it was Madhouse... >_<

Screenshots didn't look so great IMO. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 16:38   Link #63
Westlo
Lets be reality

Deen are like J.C Staff when it comes to animation, churn out a lot of average to good crap and than surprise you with something great every now and than (Simoun for DEEN, Shigofumi for J.C Staff). I don't think either company as far as tv series go has produced anything better in the last 4-5 years than R.O.D TV which they both worked on.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-03-21 at 17:29.
Old 2008-03-21, 17:27   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
hmmm wish there would have been more, like actual animation from the series but Im glad they listed the other characters. I still like the character designs fits them well.
You know, i thought by now a trailer or something would have been released, something that'll show at least some animation instead of the trailer we have at hand. I still like it though, and i can see the OP fitting rather well.
Old 2008-03-21, 17:54   Link #65
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Ah, it doesn't seem too bad. I personally didn't like the screenshots I saw of Yuki, though I know that Yui Horie will make it all fine.

I was quite fond of the Higurashi-esque random blood splots that came sporadically throughout the trailer, though.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 18:29   Link #66
Puzzle_Pieces
Social Recluse

I've read all the volumes released in English, so I'm definitely interested. However, I'm kind of cautious of watching the anime because studio Deen is handling it. When I think of Deen I always think back to the first season of Higurashi. The animation was and they took out a lot of subtle-but nonetheless-important scenes. Also looking at the trailer I can't help but think that it makes it look like some kind of dating game or whatever those are called. It's probably because of the animation. Right now my standards for the anime is low but if studio Deen proves me wrong then alright.
Puzzle_Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 18:46   Link #67
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Hmm, seems like some of the names were spelled differently (or downright wrong) in the promo vid. The most glaring (to me anyways) was Kaname's last name. They had it as Clan and not Kuran. Personally, I prefer Kuran. Clan...is just bad.

The opening song isn't bad at all. I think it fits VK quite well.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 11:35   Link #68
goth~loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Yes it is true =D...and yes i'm excited about it too
I hope they use Miyano Mamoru back as Zero Kiryuu since he played the role in the drama cds
they do use him
goth~loli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 13:27   Link #69
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Images up to now...looks good. But can the actual anime be as good as those images ;~;

I haven't seen a good anime from studio DEEN, so I dont have my hopes up too high.

Opening song seems fitting to the anime, but I would think an opening by Ali Project would be more suitable, some dark feeling to it
Old 2008-03-25, 18:11   Link #70
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I have already watched the teaser trailer in which the TV-sized version of the opening song plays along.

During the last three months, I have seen and heard this title receiving much hype due to the popularity of the manga.

It is because of how much Vampire Knight has been restlessly discussed on the forums, that I have decided to pick up this title for the spring season.

Definitely shoujo quality judging at the focus invested upon the details to the eclecticism and depth of the eyes.

I have a general understanding of what the plot is about, as well that they'll be using the entire voice cast from the Drama CD's in the anime.

About which group should be best for the opening song, I do not deny that ALI Project would have made wonders with the performance for the music themes.

Though I like the singer, the morbid and gothic dramatization of the opening song would be nicely complemented if Yousei Teikoku (Noble Roar, Innocent Venus OP theme; Shijun no Zankoku, Venus Versus Virus ED theme) performs the ending song for Vampire Knight.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 22:36   Link #71
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Ali Project. Yuck. It all sounds the same.

abington boys school would be my choice.
Old 2008-03-26, 08:21   Link #72
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looks like T.M is putting that side project on hold and focusing on himself atm if the Soul Eater OP is any indication.
Old 2008-03-26, 09:13   Link #73
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Is it just me or the OP doesn't really seem to fit the show?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 09:17   Link #74
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well I'm not a fan of it atm but I might be after seeing the opening animation and it could always grow on me,
Old 2008-03-26, 12:28   Link #75
Julianlivre
Almighty

Send a message via MSN to Julianlivre
now now, dosen't this show remind you guys of ZOMBIE LOAN ???!?!!?!?
Old 2008-03-26, 19:49   Link #76
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Guess its not just me that thinks Ali Project's songs sounds similar to each other ;P despite I still think it fits with the anime. The opening isn't bad, but most chances I wont be addicted to it.

The gun that Zero has does remind me of zombie loan too
Old 2008-03-26, 20:51   Link #77
Kyouki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The opening song is doing nothing for me... pity there's no actual animation since I would like to get an idea of how much budget DEEN is giving this series.
i really like that song lol
Kyouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 07:20   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I actually do think the OP song fits the show quite nicely. Of course i;m sure more people will start to think that once hearing it with the OP animation once it starts airing, though for now i rather like it.
Old 2008-03-28, 14:47   Link #79
Katapan
俺様祭り

A new trailer finally shows a bit of animation.

I actually really liked how the day class uniforms looked. There are so many pretty elements in the manga that I feel you don't realize how gorgeous the uniforms are until you see them colored here . There were also a few new shots of Zero, which were somewhat of an improvement imo. And of course, Yui Horie just sounds perfect.

Strangely, I must admit that the OP has quickly grown on me. Even though I found it horribly plain when I first heard it..?
Old 2008-03-28, 16:31   Link #80
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just saw that trailer as well. Im digging the animation glad we finally got to see it. Kaname-sama *_* I do like Yuki's voice alot, it fits her well. As for the OP, Im still not sold but Im sure itll grow on me.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote